New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

weren't the sides slightly different? as one side of the hero phaser shows a near perfect fit, while the right side shows that odd gap. Maybe this was one of the "inconsistencies" the wand company had to get rid of.

I think it has been established that the fins did not fit the original hero very well and were probably swapped between each prop from time to time. Not being precision made, the fins did not fit the recess well in some episodes and due to frame warping ( forgive the pun), repairs, gunk the fins end up where they are... Only our freeze frame souls can spot the issue. ; )

You can project that the fins "were supposed to" push all the way in to the recess to fill the gap better which would mean less rear overhang.

In an idealized version you have to use best information and guess at the final intention and what looks reasonable...imo.

The big difference for me on the Wand are the "spacers" On the GJ hero they are straight (90 o) and even with the upper rear surface. Wand made it angled. Not a deal breaker for me by any means.

daft7_zps96827dc3.jpg

That Zenith remote had some sort of tuning fork style ping that would ring out and change the channels. It was pretty cool for the day. But, the Wand remote takes cool to a whole new level. I know "Big Bang Theory" TV show uses a lot of Next Gen Trek stuff, but how cool would it be for one of the cast members to use the Wand Phaser to control the channels.

It wasn't just the P1 they got wrong. I hated how the fins at the back fitted the body perfectly on the MR prototype, but were terrible on the production model. They weren't worth the 500 bucks they sold them for and they aren't worth the 1,500 bucks they are sold for on eBay today!

View attachment 389463

The Wand Company got it right (on their prototype). I can't wait to see their production models.

View attachment 389465

Bernie, what you see there is the final from the molds and not a prototype. Though, the final paint and metal finish on the shipping one is more satin than that Comic-con shot.

Bernie, what you see there is the final from the molds and not a prototype. Though, the final paint and metal finish on the shipping one is more satin than that Comic-con shot.

I trust The Wand Company will deliver an outstanding product. MR unfortunately didn't. The Wand Company delivered outstanding sonic screwdrivers, so I really trust them.

has anyone got internal pictures of a phaser that has a removable handle ? Im upgrading my tos phaser and ive seen many external pictures of the handle together and separate but nun on how it functions with the male female conection points and the push switch so close

I am almost ready for the build I am having the green laser / red led and sound board put in by Federation phaser he has ben very helpfull he sudgested the new bolted handle but I would rather have the removable one has anyone put a removable handle and laser in if so how do you get around the clearance of the button and the female end ive removed as much plastic as possable on the female end its just as high as the interior metal conection area now so any help appreciated ?

has anyone got internal pictures of a phaser that has a removable handle ? Im upgrading my tos phaser and ive seen many external pictures of the handle together and separate but nun on how it functions with the male female conection points and the push switch so close
Well, here's how it was done in the original prop owned by Greg Jein:

FH000025.jpginside view 5.jpg

The first picture I downloaded very recently as part of a whole set, but I can't remember where to save my life. I thought it was from the Wand Company site, but I can't find them there now. The other picture is John's first replica after examining the original, which I've included for clarity. I'm fairly sure he included these, or ones very much like it, in the phaser article in Star Trek Communicator. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back