New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

My mistake...so those are photos of the finished model?! Looks very dark? Not much like the hero prop? I guess they were going for the cop look? Looks very cool...I like it.

a0077842_10393813.jpg

This is the retail pro version? I was hoping for wood colored handle not black.

What blows my mind is that they are pushing the sales without having definitive photos of the final product.
They had us push it and we had to use the image of a $3,000 custom piece that is not the product they are selling.
Can't they get the retailers actual images so people won't be confused what they are getting? I mean, as of now, people have dropped $899 and are still asking, "what does the piece I just bought look like?". :confused

I have a lot of trust in their reputation so far, no reason to doubt the product will not be the best yet offered so I'm eager for pictures like anyone, but it was not an issue to make the decision without shipping product pictures. We who buy these things are not the casual collector, we're informed and obsessed.

I'm glad I'm getting the kit version...I see a lot of people refinishing these blasters if they come looking that finish...its a nice looking piece but it in no way looks like Jacob Steyrmouse's box cover?!? Hmmmmm....I'm perplexed...?!

I understand...I would say go for The Tomenosuke...its a way better blaster than a SidKit in my opinion...I ditched my SidKit for a Coyle, now I build Coyles on a regular basis. The nice thing about the new version is all the work is done for you!!! Minus the kit versions of course... if you haven't built a kit yet, its a serious undertaking and not something I suggest to anyone with out a good amount of prop knowledge... Also, you would need some serious tools...

Hey mate, is your "serious undertaking" comment related to the Tomenosuke kit, or are you refering to the Coyle kit? I have a Tomenosuke kit on order but have no idea what I'm in for build wise. :confused
Also very keen on a metal barrel, etc, offering if you decide to do it. I think there'd be a lot of people out there keen on this too once the new Tomenosukes are released. :)

Hey mate, is your "serious undertaking" comment related to the Tomenosuke kit, or are you refering to the Coyle kit? I have a Tomenosuke kit on order but have no idea what I'm in for build wise. :confused
Also very keen on a metal barrel, etc, offering if you decide to do it. I think there'd be a lot of people out there keen on this too once the new Tomenosukes are released. :)

I dont want to speak for Darth, but I think he was talking about the Coyle as the serious undertaking, since it will require a certain amount of finishing and tapping the screw holes, where-as to the best of my Knowledge the Tomenosouke kit comes 'finished' other than painting/blueing the metal

Yes..I was referring to the Coyle kit...A LOT of work if you're nor familiar with working with pewter, like I was not when I got my first kit, it was rough going my first time!!

Is the barrel metal on the new run? Thought I saw an image showing rough metal barrels.
If not, I know DEC can run them if there is interest.

I know DEC can make them in steel instead of aluminum so blueing should be easier.
Cant seem to find the image I saw earlier of the barrels. Wish we had some better info.
The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back