Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

That's a mental image I can do without! :D
LOL! well, I have a personal backstory that involved Shmi being a Sith apprentice or associate to Palpatine in some way but when she got preggy she left him and hid on tatooine... would have been more interesting and realistic I think! :D imagine that... the mother was dabbling in the ways of the dark side! like mother, like son! :D

no, he told the story of Darth Plagueis the Wise who could manipulate the midichlorians to create life.. he subtly suggested that to plant the seed of confusion, doubt and intrigue into anakin (and the audience) for me I took it as truth because I don't like the idea of an immaculate conception for Anakin) I would have preferred that his mother had encountered Plagueis or Palpatine in the past. (but he did also say Plagueis taught his apprentice everything he knew... then he killed him in his sleep) this could be debatable because Plagueis could cheat death... but Palpatine states later to Vader that "To cheat death is the power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret."

so he was a habitual liar and manipulator so the story of Plagueis the Wise creating life via the force is a bit ambiguous

In the novel about Plagueis that did insinuate that they manipulated the Midichlorines in an effort to defy death and in response the Force rebelled and created Anakin, or something like that. :)

In the novel about Plagueis that did insinuate that they manipulated the Midichlorines in an effort to defy death and in response the Force rebelled and created Anakin, or something like that. :)

then anakin rebelled and pissed off the midichlorians! :D vicious cycle! :D

LOL! well, I have a personal backstory that involved Shmi being a Sith apprentice or associate to Palpatine in some way but when she got preggy she left him and hid on tatooine... would have been more interesting and realistic I think! :D imagine that... the mother was dabbling in the ways of the dark side! like mother, like son! :D

I have to admit it is an interesting concept... It would have gone a long way toward better explaining Anakin's dark nature than what we got!

wanted to transfer this fantastic genius verification of the stsormtrooper bucket being legit from the Star Wars Costumes and Props thread in case you don't bother to read up on the Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics thread.

QUOTE=R5SB;3406224 :

A few days ago I posted this on another forum. Thought I'd share it here for those who are interested.

"Last night I tried to find the largest version of "the" helmet pic and after doing this I opened it in iPhoto. I wondered if the photo could possibly have any further secrets to reveal and I was quite surprised to find that it did!

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg610/R5SB/f659979097af7efee87e7f78630e06eb_zps8dff7ff9.jpg

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg610/R5SB/e41f15b27cb0b2d3cc3251a67133b4a0_zps1dff66a1.jpg

At first I wasn't sure where it had pointed me to but after zooming out I realised that it was Pinewood. The skylights in the roof seem to match the reflections in the helmet as well.

The date in May could suggest that whoever took the pic has left the production and now doesn't fear the reprisals quite as much. The reduced size of the file might suggest that the pic was emailed or texted off the phone (an Apple iPhone 5s).

If only I could just make out a little more detail in the picture itself....

View attachment 367411
View attachment 367412

I noticed this a few days ago too, I have the pic saved on my iphone. When I look at it in my albums it has a location attached to it and it files it on May 18 even though I saved the pic only a week ago. The location that comes up on the pic is Buckinghamshire. Interestingly there is also what appears to be someone's last name attached to the pic too... Perhaps the last name of the person who took the pic with their phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool render...

Attachments

• 10515334_818156858224055_7285733674966304683_o.jpg
    10515334_818156858224055_7285733674966304683_o.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 88

Those are some sweet posters, although I very much doubt they would do anything like them. And the title sounds more like the title of a SW book, not a SW movie.

For me the "virgin birth" of Anakin was kind of like how Indy#4 centered on aliens.

It didn't please the fanbase at all - it just stayed true to the essence of the franchise.

I think those posters sum up what bugs me the most about the idea that the empire is still going on.

The original trilogy really was a war that came to a head in Jedi.

But I want this new trilogy to be about the aftermath. The fallout. I want to see pirates running around in OT stormtrooper outfits because they got them at surplus. I want the empire broken up, divided, and co-opted.

There is still a story in that

Season 6??? (sorry, i'm not up to speed on CW yet...) Is that only available online, or will i be able to get it on Blu-ray at some point?

Thanks for the info, Bryan!

Rich

I had a family event this weekend which had some of the most awkward conversations...

See, they know I like Star Wars... They've seen my place with the saber hilts all on display... So when they want to make small talk, they bring up Star Wars. So the idea is to keep up the small talk without sounding like a complete nerd.

THEM: "Hey!... I guess you may have heard they're making new Star Wars movies"

ME: "Oh yeah, I've heard..."

THEM: "And they got like Han and Luke and Vader and all them coming back..."

*Don't Correct... Don't Correct*

ME: "Sure... yup... they're bringing a few back"

THEM: "So who's gonna be like the main guy? I heard it's not Luke... maybe Padme?"

ME: "Padme?... nah.... not likely.... She'd be older than Luke... and she's dead"

THEM: "Nope... She just left... It was in the Clone Wars"

ME: "You mean Ahsoka?... I don't watch the Clone Wars... but I think that's what you mean..."

THEM: "Anakin's Padme girl... Padme"

(I think he meant Padowan? I dunno... don't watch Clone Wars).

ME "Okay... well should be interesting seeing her again."

THEM: "Did you hear they're going to make a full size Millennium Falcon?!"

--------------------------

Good times... hah. I have to constantly stop myself or I'll get going and not stop until everyone is just looking at me like..."WhhhhaaaaAAAT A NERD!"

Last edited:

Well, at least your family expresses somewhat an interest in your past time, even if it might be feigned a bit; mine couldn't really care less! :)

Season 6??? (sorry, i'm not up to speed on CW yet...) Is that only available online, or will i be able to get it on Blu-ray at some point?

Thanks for the info, Bryan!

Rich

I watched it when it came out. Not to be a bummer or spoiler, but I was not impressed nor did I feel it tied up too many loose ends but a few.

But since CW has been brought into it and
Darth Bane was featured in a small part of it
do you think Palpatine may have been eluding to him an not his master? By adding that to CW and counting it as canon you'd have to by mere mention count those books as canon as well. Maybe meant someone entirely different.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back