How to remove enamel paints from plastic kits?

The cheap stuff is really weak. Walmarts is okay.

Try putting the piece in a bag after spraying, as mentioned before.

I hate the feel of brake fluid and avoid it. And it's a pollution hazard.

Just to add...I would agree with Contec, I've tried the Mr Muscle in a can and it does work without any damage...
Thought I'd add a satisfied customer from the uk...it's a bit scary dropping precious parts into a bag of chemicals, we need reassurance there won't be a bag of soup in a few hours..

Cheers

Phil

Just to add...I would agree with Contec, I've tried the Mr Muscle in a can and it does work without any damage...
Thought I'd add a satisfied customer from the uk...it's a bit scary dropping precious parts into a bag of chemicals, we need reassurance there won't be a bag of soup in a few hours..

Cheers

Phil

On some of the old models that i have bought and taken apart for rebuilding it seems like the Mr Muscle makes the old glue more brittle and makes it much easier to take the parts apart after a Mr muscle "bath"
:thumbsup

Caustic Soda works but can be brutal and you must protect your skin. Fairy Power Spray (UK) is a saucepan/baked on grease remover which has always worked for me. It's a thick liquid, so flows into nooks and crannies. I normally seal the parts/ model in a polythene bag and leave somewhere warm.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back