Randy Johnson Tie Fighter Pilot Costume, thoughts?

Looking at getting a Tie Fighter Pilot Costume made, a complete costume with helmet, chest piece, jumpsuit, boots etc. I came across Randy Johnson. Anyone have his Tie Fighter Pilot Costume? Your thoghts on quality, accuracy etc. Any other recommendations on getting this Costume?

B@t

Personally I'd look towards MonCal (a member here) for armour at the present time. It's a lot more accurate and the helmet will be lighter being made of ABS as opposed to resin. While TK1336.com is an older site there are inaccuracies on both the chestbox and helmet of the kit pictured.

As an aside, if you are planning to build the full costume please consider buying your boots from Germany (ebay.de) as, even after shipping, they will probably be cheaper than buying from anywhere else.

In all honesty, I don't think there's a supplier of full suits who does an accurate SW suit of any kind. It's easy to buy, but in the long run, once the bug hits, you'll just spend more upgrading. From the photo's, not only is the helmet off, but he chest box seems pretty large. IMHO, I think that you'd be far better off doing some research and leg work and sourcing the parts individually (Yeah, I know you want it all from the same vendor, but you wont get the best).

Here's what a lot of people consider to be one of the best helmets available at the moment, compare it to the one in your link and spot the differences...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...805.1073741835.634619653244041&type=1&theater

I hope that works.

Good luck on your TIE costume :)

Cheers,

Kraig

Kraig, your input is appreciaed! I got a pm from MonCal, so I'm looking into their costume. From the pics I've seen, the costume looks legit and detailed!

B@t

In all honesty, I don't think there's a supplier of full suits who does an accurate SW suit of any kind. It's easy to buy, but in the long run, once the bug hits, you'll just spend more upgrading. From the photo's, not only is the helmet off, but he chest box seems pretty large. IMHO, I think that you'd be far better off doing some research and leg work and sourcing the parts individually (Yeah, I know you want it all from the same vendor, but you wont get the best).

Here's what a lot of people consider to be one of the best helmets available at the moment, compare it to the one in your link and spot the differences...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...805.1073741835.634619653244041&type=1&theater

I hope that works.

Good luck on your TIE costume :)

Cheers,

Kraig

That guy on the board at all? Anyone have a ballpark of what he charges for a helmet?

finally got a pm from MonCal. After looking at what he has to offer, I may go that route. Looks like quality work! Anyone else have his Tie Pilot costume?

B@t

One of my squad mates has his helmet & armour, and it's awesome! I've also seen his flight suit, and they're really nice, and relatively accurate, (but I think you might have to remove the lowest set of leg pockets).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I'm having garrison mates get stuff in 4-6 months at the minute.

Regarding the flight suits. They are really good, especially for the price. It's really a hybrid version though so, like one5 said, you need to remove the lower pockets (if going for 501st clearance) and technically the pockets and back of the collar should all be straight or pointed not a mix of the two.

Kraig, that looks really good. Have the helmet moulds been reworked since the start of the year? It looks different from the pictures I have from that maker.

I do not have a Tie from MC but a Scout, but his work is well worth the wait :) Just be patient, it will take a few months for your parts to finish though

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back