ANH Red Y... kit

my local shop only has the styrene 1/4 tee for the engines, is the same or do i really need to order the abs version ?

i would also really like to know whats going on with the other y-wing versions

You need the ABS bud, but in a pinch, the plexi stuff will work, same dims.
The styrene stuff is thin a wall, if you get my meaning?

Lee

thats the plan, i just thought if the styrene and the abs were the same than i would just get the styrene. i need a few other plastic bits from plastruct, so I'll just need to bump up my ordering time a bit.

thanks for the help Lee :thumbsup

do you know what the status is on the other y-wing kits??

No clue bud, guess when Steve catches up, we will know more, he is getting there.
Im really pondering a TIE now so, lets hope he catches up on owed orders soon eh?

Lee

Hello guys sorry I've been away for a long time but life work and so on seems to get the best of me, but anyway I was going to start on my Red Jammer Y-Wing soon and as you would have it I lost the instruation I had down loaded some time ago so does any one know where I can down load them again.

Thanks.

Mark.

I'm still waiting on that Gold offer. Stupidly sold my Jammer a long time ago.

And Talkierg, as mush as I admire Steve's work, make sure to read the sticky thread first on his backorder... There's bound to be a Jammer showing up in the JY eventually, there's always one from time to time! :thumbsup

Hi guys! I'm a newbie in these forums and I do not know of all the places to look and threads to watch, but I'm in for the Gold Leader as well. I can only hope I'm looking at the right places when the time comes.

I know this post is old but this is where the experts are. Which of the Y-Wing studio models that are identified (Tie Killer, MOM Tour, Triangles, Blue/Grey) was the one displayed at the Smithsonian and featured in the Best of Lucus Archive's Book??? It has two stripes on the canopy and the droid has a red ring around it.

Please identify this Y-Wing for me? Thanks!
MOM-WDC047.JPG

ok... one more time.. 5 known ANH Y's (See pic)

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL846/454527/23072218/400326791.jpg

#1 Triangles (destroyed during filming Gold Leader Scene)
#2 Gold Leader aka TIE Killer
#3 MOM Tour Y
#4 Tiger Sprocket/Blue Grey (destroyed in trench)
#5 Red Y Wing aka Red Jammer (not pictured was in England)

** in the behind the scene's a ILMer talks of blowing a Y wing up in the parking lot after inserting rocket motors into the engines... probally a test casting... **

I would love to see any other ANH generation photo of a Y that is not in the above mentioned.. as of now.... it doesnt exist (Cantwell not included)

Ya got to forget about the "whose flying which one" in the movie....make the switch to studio model mind set... practical models. They used different models for the scenes and pilot continuity suffers.. Photo reference, Insider information... known existing models... and countless hours staring at grainy old pictures is the best way to figure it all out...

We traced Triangles burnt remains to a former ILMer... Tiger sprocket has never been seen or photo graphed since filming... TIE killer/Gold Leader is in the hand of a industry professional and the MOM Y is on Tour with red Jammer. Maybe Gene has a photo somewhere that he can share to show it's fate... the sad truth is they blew up highly detailed filming models when it came to the Y Wings... they were scored with a cutting wheel..packed with explosives and blew to smithereens for our and their enjoyment!

Does anyone have or seen photos of Tiger sprocket/Blue grey Y wing that were taken after production of ANH? The only production shot ive seen of her in the shop is the above picture.. there are the shots from art of star wars but they were taken before filming started.... the only missing link so until someone can show pictures of it I'd believe it met the same fate as Triangles.... Deep Sixed!

The great thing about studio modelling they will live again!!!

It's the the Y-wing that Steve called " #3 MOM Tour Y"

Thanks. Has anyone ever identified it in any of the scenes from A New Hope? Is this it during the trench run? I know the one in the foreground is Gold Leader.
Trench Run2.jpg

My other question is this one the Bill George Y-Wing that was at the Where Science Meets Imagination Tour? It's nose looks different than the other ones.
ywingcomp.jpg

Bill George made that as a fan, and then it was drafted into service in ROTJ. It's WAY different.

The real question is what ever happened with the production of the Gold Leader kit on this thread. There seemed to be a start of one on this thread. Did it ever get finished? I read this threw and threw and can't find anything.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back