New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

Mine never showed that it 'left' Russia. It showed up at ISC NY about 10 days after it shipped. 2 days after that it showed up at my door.

Guys don't worry. It takes a while, trust me, I know. Expect it to sit at ISC NY for a few days and then start moving again.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, my Revell SD is pretty much done. I've examined my Big Z and will be starting it this weekend.

Guys don't worry. It takes a while, trust me, I know. Expect it to sit at ISC NY for a few days and then start moving again.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, my Revell SD is pretty much done. I've examined my Big Z and will be starting it this weekend.

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm just hoping it gets scanned at ISC soon.

So do you not get stung with import charges from Russia?

Only reason I've held off ordering is due to the crazy import taxes I'd get charged here in the UK.

I figure if I hold out till the Revell release in April, I'll save myself quite a few £££s!

Is it confirmed that Revell is releasing the Zvezda Star Destroyer in April?

Does anyone have experience with Revell's Zvezda reboxing and what the price might be? I'm in no rush, so I can wait till april

The way i know Revell i assume the box will be their standard way of a folded box, cheaper than those with seperate top and bottom. Often complained but never changed.
More we will know when first info pops up.

Planned price, if my informations are correct and there will be no increase due to whatever, should be around 90€. Here in Germany, no idea if and when and for what price it will be made available in the US.

The way i know Revell i assume the box will be their standard way of a folded box, cheaper than those with seperate top and bottom. Often complained but never changed.
More we will know when first info pops up.

Planned price, if my informations are correct and there will be no increase due to whatever, should be around 90€. Here in Germany, no idea if and when and for what price it will be made available in the US.
If it's 90 euros, it won't be much cheaper to get than the Russian version.

Does anyone know the list price in Russia? Some of the eBay listings have significantly different prices, but they offset the price with higher or lower shipping so the total comes out around $135. The only way to get one much cheaper is to get one without the original box. Even that is around $115.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Importing one by one from Germany will probably not be much cheaper than from Russia, i agree.

And we usually don´t have those big reduction as stuff in the US has when on sale.

The best chance is to wait if Revell US will release them, too (i can´t imagine they won´t), then i would guess a price around 90 USD - and when on sale even noticeable lesser.

The Zvezda retails for $89 in Russia, whatever that translates into rubles.
Oh, and I started my build thread. What an awesome kit.

Anyone have plans to work up some aftermarket stuff for this?

Robiwon can speak more to this since he has the kit in hand, but I'm not sure what they could add. The kit has most of the major components and details right. There are many opportunities for super-detailing, but that's adding lots and lots of little styrene squares and other doo-dads that are too numerous and small to produce as a "kit." The sidewalls could use a bit more detail, but replacing an entire sidewall piece for, say, a resin cast seems to me like a waste of a fairly good original piece. I think the best bet would be a replacement main hangar bay -- deeper and featuring the claw gantry -- but the way it's molded into the main hull is going to take some skilled surgery to remove the old one. It's not just a matter of swapping pieces. Someone with enough skill to remove the hangar will likely just scratch build the deeper walls and reuse the bay's ceiling piece. At least, that's my plan when I get one of these.

I think the most likely aftermarket stuff will be a lighting kit from Voodoo or someone else.

The trenches could use some extra fine detailing like pipes and greeblie details. I don't see the cost effectiveness of resin casting or 3D printing new trenches or super structure walls. I'm not too concerned about the shallowness of the landing bay, it's on the bottom and is rarely seen on a display model other than a curious glance underneath. What I would like to see is a new bridge face with the familiar stylized FX. That could easily be 3D printed. Same with the rear of the spine to include the garbage chute. I don't know if I can wait for someone to produce those parts before I complete my build though! I'll likely scratch build the garbage chute. The bridge I may fiber up with enough extra fiber inside so I can replace it later.....

There is already a 1/2700 Tantive on Shapeways for about $17.

Yeah the bridge face could use some work, but otherwise it looks right to me. Even the hangar is fine. It would be cool to see some conversion parts for the ANH version though.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back