Orc WarLord Helmet SKS Props Pic Heavy Updated 5/27/2015

Re: Orc WarLord Helmet SKS Props Pic Heavy Updated 5/19/2015

Not really a big update today. I just cut up some strips of actual leather and tightly wrapped the horns to give them a little extra detail.

92_zpsttzs6jeh.jpg

93_zpspyqixh2o.jpg

94_zps6zkmtbqx.jpg

Re: Orc WarLord Helmet SKS Props Pic Heavy Updated 5/20/2015

Damn this is cool! Is the Terraflex about the same price as Worbla? Also, what kind of camera and lighting are you using? These pics are so bright and clear!

Re: Orc WarLord Helmet SKS Props Pic Heavy Updated 5/19/2015

Looking awesome. what are your plans for the hair?

I plan on attaching an old wig to the back of the helmet and braiding in leather and beads.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn this is cool! Is the Terraflex about the same price as Worbla? Also, what kind of camera and lighting are you using? These pics are so bright and clear!

TerraFlex is also on the expensive side but it is nice that you can use all of the scraps! My camera is a Canon Rebel T5i and I try to use a mix of LEDs in the shop and natural light outside.

Hair - So I really wanted to attach some hair to this piece and luckily I had an old wig that I had picked up years ago but had never used. I started off by using Barge glue to attach a piece of craft foam to the underside netting of the wig. I applied barge to the center support of the helmet and waited for the two to become tacky. Once it was attached I sewed the lining of the wig together on the inside of the helmet for reinforcement and so that it couldn't shift. With multiple girls in the house hair bands and clasps are everywhere so I used some to separate the hair into strands that I want to braid. Using the same leather that I had wrapped the horns with, I cut strips and made a makeshift leather topknot. I then wrapped this with additional leather cording for some variation.

95_zpshxjulvni.jpg

96_zpsea5uhb1f.jpg

97_zpsgtgjkjjy.jpg

98_zpspzdbc4od.jpg

99_zpseahjxir6.jpg

100_zpsbrwfox4d.jpg

101_zpsngsotlnl.jpg

102_zpskq5xnmy4.jpg

104_zpsphvibspk.jpg

103_zps5kyz9fum.jpg

I plan on attaching an old wig to the back of the helmet and braiding in leather and beads.

- - - Updated - - -

TerraFlex is also on the expensive side but it is nice that you can use all of the scraps! My camera is a Canon Rebel T5i and I try to use a mix of LEDs in the shop and natural light outside.

That's a great question and we have answered many of them in a recent video that we did.

http://youtu.be/rnWCU5ABVzQ

Steven I love this thread. Great stuff!

Thanks for answering my questions guys! I'll check out that video this weekend Zen.

Re: Orc WarLord Helmet SKS Props Pic Heavy Updated 5/21/2015

I enlisted the help of my oldest daughter Hailey to braid the hair attached to the helmet. She did a great job and after she was finished I took more leather strips and wove them into the design.

105_zpseivtzoi8.jpg

106_zpsgkmny68l.jpg

107_zpslooq5wp7.jpg

109_zpsn7qyghor.jpg

110_zpszkxyajyf.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back