Terminator: Genisys

Its all CG comped and shot in Louisiana. I dont believe thy ever set foot at Griffith Park for this one.

Reminds me of both Black Dahlia (2006) and The Informers (2008), which both are period pieces set in Los Angeles, but had to be filmed elsewhere because of the massive changes in the city over the years.

This is like that time I found out Raiders of the Lost Ark would have ended the same way without Indy...

It's a cute joke, but no, it wouldn't. The Nazis would have taken the Ark to the secret base island and open it. All the Nazis would be killed by the Ark. The Ark would then sit there until more Nazis come to investigate what happened. Eventually they'd make sense of the Ark and weaponize it somehow. Indy had to be there to get Allied forces to recover it and get it out of Nazi hands.

It's a cute joke, but no, it wouldn't. The Nazis would have taken the Ark to the secret base island and open it. All the Nazis would be killed by the Ark. The Ark would then sit there until more Nazis come to investigate what happened. Eventually they'd make sense of the Ark and weaponize it somehow. Indy had to be there to get Allied forces to recover it and get it out of Nazi hands.

Still doesn't answer the question regarding how Indy knew that he had to shut his eyes.

Still doesn't answer the question regarding how Indy knew that he had to shut his eyes.

Indy knows his King James Bible

Samuel 6:19:
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men...

Last edited by a moderator:
Indy knows his King James Bible

Samuel 6:19:
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men...

If he knows how to deal with it, why do we have this exchange?

Colonel Musgrove: [pointing to a beam of light coming from the Ark] Uh, now what's that supposed to be coming out of there?
Indiana: Lightning. Fire.... *shrugs* Power of God or something.

If there was ever an opportunity to establish that Indy knows his King James Bible, that would have been the moment. Instead, we're kept in the dark by implying that Indy doesn't know what is going on in that picture. He knows it's bad, but nothing is said or referenced that looking at the Ark is causing this. It's generally not a good idea to have the big climax of your film be dictated by the trope "All There in the Manual".

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Agreed. I remember reading about deleted scenes where a religious figure tells him not to touch or look at the opened Ark.

But... back on topic, my interest in seeing this the new Terminator is pretty close to nil. After the Robocop and Red Dawn remakes, I have decided that Hollywood doesn't deserve to touch/re-imagine/**** up the iconic movies of my formative years. I will inevitably be let down, disappointed and prob pissed off, so there's no point in seeing them.

I just go into all these rehashes with my expectations in the toilet. Much less disappointing & frustrating.

I don't expect lightning to strike again. The human creators of something have developed for decades. The culture & movie landscape have changed after (been changed by) the originals. If it turns out that some kind of new lighting does strike this time, well, that's a great surprise.

^^Agreed. I remember reading about deleted scenes where a religious figure tells him not to touch or look at the opened Ark.

But... back on topic, my interest in seeing this the new Terminator is pretty close to nil. After the Robocop and Red Dawn remakes, I have decided that Hollywood doesn't deserve to touch/re-imagine/**** up the iconic movies of my formative years. I will inevitably be let down, disappointed and prob pissed off, so there's no point in seeing them.

It was the same thing with Salvation. A whole new take, the first film in a new trilogy(exactly the same as with Genisys). Went in with zero expectation, still it was way, way worse than I could ever have imagined.

At least if they could get Mr Fiedel out of retirement we could have gotten another great soundtrack. But we won't even get that :(

its not just a Terminator fighting a Terminator, its "the Terminator" fighting "the Terminator" is what that article was about. Again going back to deleted or unfinished Salvation tomfoolery, this was also somewhat done in TS as well except it was the Arnold (Roland) T800 fighting a couple Endo T800's. Much of this CG work in Genisys could have easily been avoided had Arnold let go of his fear of Roland being known as Roland and not just a filler.

sooo this makes it better than ever. these people want a Terminator and a Terminator fighting? Never seen it done in a Terminator film.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Badass-Fight-From-Terminator-Genisys-May-2015-Best-69392.html

Sarcasm start: Yay, that is exactly what we have wanted all these years, finally, awesome. End of sarcasm.

Chronicle Collectibles are teasing some upcoming Genisys related stuff. According to them, every single detail about the T-800 has been altered :facepalm yes, because it was really needed - not.

So, what edge does the good 800 have against the bad 800? I would think the bad 800 would be newer and faster because the good one has been around using his joints and such for a couple decades. I'm thinking we see Arnie vs Arnie standoff, bad Arnie gets his face blown off in 10 seconds, then its an Arnie vs Termie fight. But i hope im wrong and see some Old Flynn+Young CLU-type of interaction where we see both faces for a good amount of time together

I hate to say it but i do like the look of the new T1000 at the start of that clip where it has muscles and looks like a silver human without skin. This isn't going to be an award winning movie but it could be fun, and honestly after the last few I don't see how it could be worse lol. I wish they'd have put out a special edition of Salvation the way they wanted it made.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back