Terminator: Genisys

What about good ol' Rick Rossovich?!

In this reality Sarah has T-800 for a roommate instead of Ginger. So no Rossovich.
But, when someone calls the answering machine message will be T-800 saying "Hello? Ha. Ha. Ha. Fooled you. You are talking to a machine... a machine with hyper-alloy combat chassis, microprocessor-controlled. Fully armored; very tough. But outside, this answering machine is living human tissue: flesh, skin, hair, blood. Please leave your message at the beep. Hasta la vista, baby."

This should be in the next HISHE... because that's damned funny.

casting was done for the punks, the police station cops (Lance Henriksen who is still alive and working endlessly and Paul Winfield who passed in 2004), Dr Silberman, and at least two other faces that have yet to be announced.

They HAVE to get Earl back for Silberman or I am BOYCOTTING THE MOVIE! :lol

And I know he has retired and is only doing voice overs

casting was done for the punks, the police station cops (Lance Henriksen who is still alive and working endlessly and Paul Winfield who passed in 2004), Dr Silberman, and at least two other faces that have yet to be announced.

Eeeh… thanks for nothing, now I read it in Arnold's "ha ha" funny voice… :lol

But, when someone calls the answering machine message will be T-800 saying "Hello? Ha. Ha. Ha. Fooled you. You are talking to a machine... a machine with hyper-alloy combat chassis, microprocessor-controlled. Fully armored; very tough. But outside, this answering machine is living human tissue: flesh, skin, hair, blood. Please leave your message at the beep. Hasta la vista, baby."

For Christmas I bought my son Timothy Zahn's Prequel and Sequel to "Terminator Salvation"... be both read the prequel in 2 days!! Such an amazing author.... last night we watched the movie - really enjoyed it... probably more so because of Zahn's ability to flesh out characters and motivations and the way it synched up with the movie was perfect. Looking forward to reading his sequel now.

Also, my son hasn't seen ANY of the other movies, and besides the original, neither have I, so we're going to enjoy watching them together.

If you love these movies, check out Zahn's books - I couldn't put that prequel down.

If you like Farmers Insurance commercials, youll love the new Dr Siberman, he does his portion.

Ya know, this might be the best recasting in the film. I approve.

0f74b_0000.png

I've been lucky enough to see some better closeup pics and details of the new Endoskeleton and I have to say it's GORGEOUS. It's a redesign that makes sense and actually fixes a lot of issues I've had with the original T800. The new one seems MUCH more functional and realistic, and once you start seeing better details, I think everyone will agree.

I've been lucky enough to see some better closeup pics and details of the new Endoskeleton and I have to say it's GORGEOUS. It's a redesign that makes sense and actually fixes a lot of issues I've had with the original T800. The new one seems MUCH more functional and realistic, and once you start seeing better details, I think everyone will agree.

um they refined it and made it more functional between T1 and T2. This is just redesigning for the sake of it. Take the new chest piece as an example. Plain effin stupid :facepalm

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe2Agl3bJAc#t=167
Honestly I'm going to see this movie just because it's Terminator but i have absolutely no high expectations. Though honestly I think doing an alternate timeline is a much better idea than just making another one tied to the original. Though I swear Sarah's now about 10 years younger than she was in the original 1984.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe2Agl3bJAc#t=167
Honestly I'm going to see this movie just because it's Terminator but i have absolutely no high expectations. Though honestly I think doing an alternate timeline is a much better idea than just making another one tied to the original. Though I swear Sarah's now about 10 years younger than she was in the original 1984.

Well, they gotta appeal to a younger demographic.
PG-13????

I just watched the pilot episode for Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. As someone pointed out earlier, what the heck is up with the Superman strength the terminators now have? He flipped a bus in the show, for crying out loud. Got me to thinking about T3 when he beats the hell out of the car. Remember in T1 when he can hardly get through a metal door? They took it way out of context.

I just watched the pilot episode for Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. As someone pointed out earlier, what the heck is up with the Superman strength the terminators now have? He flipped a bus in the show, for crying out loud. Got me to thinking about T3 when he beats the hell out of the car. Remember in T1 when he can hardly get through a metal door? They took it way out of context.
Oh man, you are in for a treat. That was a great show. But I'm warning you, the ending is "abrupt"

I'd love to see what they had planned for season 3

Oh man, you are in for a treat. That was a great show. But I'm warning you, the ending is "abrupt"

I'd love to see what they had planned for season 3

Agreed. T:SCC is by far the best stuff in the franchise after the two Cameron movies. And yes, that makes it REALLY disappointing the way it ends and doens't get a 3rd season.

It's less of a high school thing than it first appears. It also broadens/develops the Terminator universe in general.

Agreed. T:SCC is by far the best stuff in the franchise after the two Cameron movies. And yes, that makes it REALLY disappointing the way it ends and doens't get a 3rd season.

It's less of a high school thing than it first appears. It also broadens/develops the Terminator universe in general.

and best thing about it: Summer Glau is in it :D

ive been holding back on this but the Future rifle seen the the T800 Endos hands looks very much like the TS future Endo rifle front shroud. In Salvation the future Endo rifles were classic in the design with a front slotted shroud and a flashlight/scope on top. That footage all ended up on the cutting room floor in TS.

Roland recognized his body in the new trailer and even went on to mention TS scenes that existed that seemed to have ended up in this movie. This could be CGI stuff as ive mentioned prior they are using his body files from TS with no credit to him. The "new" footage for this film is likely recycled CGI or new CGI based on those files. Its a shame they are doing this, the guy is a hero of a great person.

um they refined it and made it more functional between T1 and T2. This is just redesigning for the sake of it. Take the new chest piece as an example. Plain effin stupid :facepalm

Nope. The differences between 1 and 2 are extremely minimal. The physical design doesn't really make sense and it would function very poorly in reality. The TG Terminator is VERY sleek, VERY sweet, and actually has a lot of functionality to it. For instance, the spine and neck makes no sense in the T1/2 designs. It's square block after square block stacked on each other. There's literally no way for it to twist and flex. The TG design instead has a nice redesign where each spinal segment has a rounded ball top that seats in the next piece that allows the spine to flex. The interior of the chest is not just empty in T1/2 but instead has a lot of additional details. The feet are also functional and better designed. The old feet have a ball for a heel but the newer design has a more functional aspect. The thighs actually look like they can fit in a human being instead of having a huge flat panel. There's more curves, better ergonomics. This skeleton could actually FIT in a human being. Trust me, this Endoskeleton is insanely well designed.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back