Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Anyone saying Ward was going to 'redeem' himself this season, please feel free to say they're wrong now. He's undoubtedly evil, and will go down hard at some point. I'm guessing season finale.

They keep baiting me into thinking that Ward might still somehow (disappointingly) redeem himself with some act of nobility. I'm glad they turn it each time by making him even more irredeemable than ever. e.g. reconciliation with his brother ... doesn't end up throwing him down the well ... but kills him and his family nonetheless.

Me too. I almost thought Ward was going to shove his brother into the well after he admitted to killing the brother. Then Ward one ups my imagination and burns the whole family in their house. I hope he stays bad.

I think Ward may be conflicted. He may redeem himself in his own way, but Coulson and Co. should never view him as anything other than evil.

This may have already been mentioned, but I still haven't watched season two, so I didn't read any of the newer posts in this thread...

They just added season one to Netflix! :popcorn

This may have already been mentioned, but I still haven't watched season two, so I didn't read any of the newer posts in this thread...

They just added season one to Netflix! :popcorn

I watched season one on iTunes, just before this season started, over the course of a weekend. It worked well as binge content, avoiding all the random 2 week gaps that people were complaining about early on.

Anyone saying Ward was going to 'redeem' himself this season, please feel free to say they're wrong now. He's undoubtedly evil, and will go down hard at some point. I'm guessing season finale.
I don’t think he's evil, I think he is insane. And he is going on a revenge killing spree like Skye' dad, assuming that really is her dad.

Love Marvel's Agents of Shield. So far it keeps u wanting more on each episode so u have to totally watch the next episode. The plot is good even tho Im kinda biased cuz I love Marvel

Great episode getting really curious about whats going on with Skye's real name and what exactly these "Chosen Ones" are. Plus it was good seeing exactly whats up with her mother.

As far as SHIELD going away by Phase 3, sorta makes sense it was replaced by HAMMER after the Civil War, so could be the angle they go to with it.

As far as SHIELD going away by Phase 3, sorta makes sense it was replaced by HAMMER after the Civil War, so could be the angle they go to with it.

Any relation to Justin Hammer, the somehow continuously hired most incompetent weapons contractor in history? If so, hope not. Because it's the most unbelievable aspect of the entire Marvel Universe.

Any relation to Justin Hammer, the somehow continuously hired most incompetent weapons contractor in history? If so, hope not. Because it's the most unbelievable aspect of the entire Marvel Universe.

No relation to the "inventor" of the Ex-Wife.

From the Wikipedia entry on HAMMER:
The ramifications of the alien Skrulls' invasion of Earth forced a massive restructuring of the United States' defense network. At the time, the country's primary peace keeping agency was S.H.I.E.L.D., led by civilian industrialist Tony Stark, aka, Iron Man. Because the Skrulls were able to compromise S.H.I.E.L.D.'s StarkTech technology, it was decided that S.H.I.E.L.D. was no longer an effective organization and Tony Stark was personally held accountable for the entire Skrull invasion. In the wake of this controversy, Thunderbolts leader Norman Osborn manipulated the U.S. government into allowing him to serve as director of a replacement agency called H.A.M.M.E.R. Under Osborn's leadership, H.A.M.M.E.R. had administrative control over the entire Fifty State Initiative.

Right? Because failed multimillion dollar weapons contracts are a thing of fiction
#RAH-66 Comanche
#ARH-70 Arapaho
#HK XM-8 Rifle
#XM29 OICW
to name only a small portion of the more recent Hammer-style failures.
Some still manage to get through to production though. The Osprey and the Bradley Fighting vehicle [see Pentagon Wars... great movie] come to mind.
Granted some are clear cases of bureaucracy and politics putting the cart before the donkey, others are the government saying "build us a weapon/tank/fighter... here's a blank check" and the contractor comes up with mixed results.
Fiction imitates life...just sayin.

the obelisk's Chosen Ones is still a strong hint to Inhumans. Might only be safely held by one, even if they havem't been exposed to the terrigen mists and mutated

I think Ward thinks he can be redeemed because he's too nuts to realize how evil he is. Him dying to save Skye seems like a likely enough end for him, but I'd still rather see her shoot him in the face.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back