Terminator: Genisys

Are the photo's supposed to be studio released ?? they look like cheesy photoshop cosplay.... Realy hope thats no them trying to convey the "feel' of the film:facepalm

Are the photo's supposed to be studio released ?? they look like cheesy photoshop cosplay.... Realy hope thats no them trying to convey the "feel' of the film:facepalm

I'm guessing more of what Entertainment Weekly tends to do (for example, the WD covers, which differ from any of the publicity stills done for this season).

Alan Taylor directed many episodes of The Sopranos, Mad Men and Game of Thrones. And he directed Thor: The Dark World, which looked pretty damn good too.

You know what all those TV Shows, movies and even this new take of The Terminator have in common when it comes to his directing career? They're all works that have been built off of what others have already done. There's really not much in Taylor's filmography that suggests he's the kind of director who can really instill his own unique style. Say whatever you want to about Thor: The Dark World looking "pretty damn good", but he wasted so much good talent in that film.

Whatever style he seems to want to add to this new movie, it doesn't look good. Jai Courtney is so miscast that it's like everyone thought that the biggest problem with the original Kyle Reese was that he wasn't tall or buff enough. How the heck do you miss the point that badly? At least Terminator Salvation did good when they casted Anton Yelchin for the role. Cripes, I'm looking back at Salvation and saying they did it better.

This new Kyle Reese is too big and doofy.

Kyle isn't some grand war hero. He's small and scrappy and tough. Michael Beihn was muscley and lithe. His sharp facial features too gave him an Icey cold warrior feel to the character.

Anton Yelchin wasn't perfect but definitely a closer approximation of what was important about Kyle Reese's character.

Kyle_Reese.pngAntonyelchin.jpgjai-courtney-official-cast-as-kyle-reese-in-terminator-genesis-preview.jpg

Hell, he looks bigger than Arnold! He lacks that underdog feel of Kyle.
emilia-clarke-super-fierce-on-terminator-genesis-set-22.jpg28mai2014---arnold-schwarzenegger-emilia-clarke-jai-courtney-e-jason-clarke-gravam-cenas-de-term.jpg

Really looking forward to when Cameron get the rights to this franchise again and either makes another master piece or bury it once and for all.
Too many hacks having a go at this.

Sorry but the idea of Cameron resurrecting this series is wishful thinking. What's he done in the last twenty years that's inspired you? Titanic? Avatar? He's now a romantic, tree hugging vegan that's lost his edge. According to the press, he's blessed at least some of this Genisys nonsense. I think Cameron has lost his mojo and fear T1, T2 and the ride are it.

I just have zero faith that today's Hollywood can put out a product that is true to the originals. There is too much money and too high a profile associated with the franchise and too much pressure to create an international Michael Bayi-ish blockbuster...involving Arnold.

Our only hope hope is licensed lower visibility media like TV, books and video games. And most of that has frankly been crap so far.

If they remake everything exactly like the original film, why even bother with a remake? Just watch the original.

They're not making a remake......?

The more I hear about this movie, the more I'm convinced to never watch it.

Wish I had done that with Salvation ;)

Sorry but the idea of Cameron resurrecting this series is wishful thinking. What's he done in the last twenty years that's inspired you? Titanic? Avatar? He's now a romantic, tree hugging vegan that's lost his edge. According to the press, he's blessed at least some of this Genisys nonsense. I think Cameron has lost his mojo and fear T1, T2 and the ride are it.

I just have zero faith that today's Hollywood can put out a product that is true to the originals. There is too much money and too high a profile associated with the franchise and too much pressure to create an international Michael Bayi-ish blockbuster...involving Arnold.

Our only hope hope is licensed lower visibility media like TV, books and video games. And most of that has frankly been crap so far.

I know it's pure hope. You know what they say... hope is the last thing to leave the body ;)
He's always been a romantic :p Both of the Terminators are romantic when you think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Terminator: Genesys" is a reboot, a remake. It isn't Terminator 5. It's a whole new movie, whole new timeline, that is not part of the previous storylines. Trust me on this, I know.

This.

The recent J.J. Abrams "Star Trek" movies aren't technically a reboot, either. But when you branch off a franchise's existing timeline before the original iconic stuff, slap new actors on the original iconic characters, and cover all that ground in the timeline again . . . it's a reboot by another name.

Lets say its a side-quel, taking what was there, acknowledging that it still exists, then pulling away from it and doing something else while still in the same universe

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back