Terminator: Genisys

Stallone looks better and he is a year older.

67-years-old..jpg

This is not the way to start promoting a new Terminator movie after the last two were so lackluster. I'm sure the movie will look good. But the director's previous work doesn't encourage me.

God those Entertainment photos suck. Really disappointed that they weren't more imaginative. The whole 'shooting a gun while in mid scream' with every one of them, just horrendous. :( I have more faith for the actual movies, but they shot themselves in the foot with these photos.

Really looking forward to when Cameron get the rights to this franchise again and either makes another master piece or bury it once and for all.
Too many hacks having a go at this.

Really looking forward to when Cameron get the rights to this franchise again and either makes another master piece or bury it once and for all.
Too many hacks having a go at this.

I don't get the feeling he'd have any desire to make another Terminator film himself, given his other passion projects, and given how the franchise has been used since T2, but man I'd love to see what he'd do with it. Even if we get no more movies, at least it will stop diluting the franchise further.

That said, I don't want to jump to judgement on this movie yet. These promo shots look awful, but they're not part of the movie. I'm not optimistic on the plot, but that can all come down to execution. I'll reserve judgement until we have a trailer.

I was interested to see how they would integrate Matt Smith into the Terminator franchise, which has none of the whimsy of Doctor Who.

Based on those photos he isn't right for this at all.

Those photos are truly awful. Hopefully that's the visual style of the magazine photographer and not indicative of the film's look...

Agreed.... not making any sell for those awful pictures.

This movie is so horribly miscast it's uncomfortable to even look at these pictures.

As the old Arnold is taking care of sarah from a young age, i guess he will take a vacation in 1984 to go to the L.A.’s Griffith Observatory. Waiting there before the t800 comes around. Maybe he even beats up the 3 punks and when T800 comes he sees that Old Arnies clothes fits him and try's to take them " Your clothes...Give them to me!!!" Old Arnolds turns around with a big ass gun and says "No" and blows his head off.

This is how i would have connected the old movies to the new.... and then the "original" time line would change and Kyle would be a different person that comes back in time with his buddy's instead of just himself.

The hell is that supposed to be?
Terminator film not allowed to use the T-800(like in Sarah Connor Chronicles)? :facepalm
They're just changing everything else.

It has to be different enough that it's unique in it's design that it can be licensed separately from the other Terminator licenses. It's an awesome looking design really. Sleeker with a better set of hips and thighs as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back