TCW: Republic credit ingot

Torron

Hi all!
After a long time, I decided, that I want to start on something new. With my desire to cast something, I've figured out what I'm going to do: the golden Republic credit ingot from The Clone Wars series:
MandoCurrency-Corruption.png
I've tried to came up with some measurements. My first attempt was a bit small, here's attempt No. 2:
rci_1.JPG
Today the supplies finally arrived, so I can start with my very first attempt of the mold:
rci_form.JPGrci_base.JPG
The results tomorrow. Wish me luck... :)

That's very neat. If you decide you might sell some of these, I might be interested. Could be fun to have a few laying out on a convention table. :)

That's very neat. If you decide you might sell some of these, I might be interested. Could be fun to have a few laying out on a convention table. :)
Thanks! If you're interested, I surely can sell some pieces when they're ready.
And that is the main purpose to have them laying around, or shoot Greedo and throw them to the bartender... :)

So here is the first cast:
rci_cast.jpg
There are some little bubbles, but in my other casts (now I have 6 copies) they are not.
What do you think? :)

They look good to me. Nice job. :)
Thanks! Are you still interested in buying some? If yes write me a PM ;)

Very cool! You're officially a counterfeiter!
Yes! Finally! That is something I wanted to achieve!
I'm the counterfeiter of the Coruscant underworld, come if you haven't enough money...

Those look pretty awesome. Ever thought of using metal powders to cast? I think that would produce some pretty awesome results!
Never thought about it. This project was my first step into the world of mold making, so I wanted something easier. But maybe sometimes in the future I'll use the metal powders. I'll think about it ;)

Hey there! Loving the work you've done on the ingots here, they're really top notch, and as I can't find a 3D model, this is exactly the kind of work I'm about to put in myself into making these very ingots! Got a Star Wars RPG coming up that I really wanna bring my A-Game to!

Any word on dimensions beyond just the length of the piece? How did you go about making the raised Aurebesh symbols? Which tutorial did you follow for your molding process, because you've done a great job on these molds!

Any tips you've got would be great, please let me know when you can.

Much respect!

wow!! how did I miss this!! excellent idea!! the credits came out perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back