Justice League

Not impressed with the latest trailer at all. The 'lightness' in tone seems to be limited to sprinkling of cheesy one-liners, none of which feels natural. Snyder needs to go, seriously. And Cyborg's CGI looks awful, I hope they clean it up but that shoddiness shouldn't even have made the trailer. The rest of the action scenes shown were ho-hum.

Right now all I have to look forward to with respect to the DCEU is Wonder Woman, and nothing else.

https://youtu.be/1FkjEIKUgEw

There is a podcast with the man himself. Behind the scenes pictures and videos are super hard to get.. I still bug my friend every once in a while to see if he'll send me photos of the mold but folks are still under NDAs. I'm really hoping that sort of stuff will come out soon!
Also, why did they not credit them? It was really hard to hear the video on my crappy work speakers, but I dont get why they wouldnt give them credit for making the awesome suits. That was clearly the best batman suit ever made.

The sad thing is, we continue to empower WB giving us crap DC films by going to the box office. I skipped both BvS and SS during their theater runs and I will wait for Justice League's home release if the trailers don't improve and the critics give this a savage thrashing. I suggest folks who feel the same way also vote with their wallets. It's not like there won't be anything else to watch at that time, we have Thor 3 and Star Wars to keep our eyes busy during the holidays. Maybe if JL's box office finishes below BvS, WB will finally take notice and get their act together (maybe).

The sad thing is, we continue to empower WB giving us crap DC films by going to the box office. I skipped both BvS and SS during their theater runs and I will wait for Justice League's home release if the trailers don't improve and the critics give this a savage thrashing. I suggest folks who feel the same way also vote with their wallets. It's not like there won't be anything else to watch at that time, we have Thor 3 and Star Wars to keep our eyes busy during the holidays. Maybe if JL's box office finishes below BvS, WB will finally take notice and get their act together (maybe).

Same. I skipped BvS (and even the theatrical home release; waited for the extended cut) and SS in theaters. I intend to do the same with this one. The only DC movie I plan to see in theaters is Wonder Woman. Because she's Wonder Woman and was a vital, elemental part of my development into the person I am today.

Din't skip BvS but i did however skip SS in theaters and im glad i did. Won't skip this one ofc and def not wonder woman (as that one looks to be good) but for me this might aswell have been an animated movie like the justice league gods and monsters. Meaning that its something different that can still be enjoyable. however for a live action universe i just find it so frustrating that they have soo much material at hand (the comics) and yet they insist on throwing in their own ideas just for the sake of ego? Superman not being there is silly as we know he will be but its just a way of having this big reveal that just isnt that special cus its not surprising...

If you set a tone in the beginning of a franchise you can still change that tone a bit if the negativity is obvious. But the longer you keep to a certain tone the harder it is to change. Am i optimistic for this franchise? if you asked me at the release of man of steel, i would have said yes. Now im just not sure anymore and it is frustrating as a big DC fan to have that.

"What's your super power?"
"I'm rich."

Normally when a super hero charges a huge warehouse full of heavily armed baddies, fights every single one of them while deflecting bullets, hurling heavy items with ease and goes from one building to another with incredible precision, they're usually called Superman. But no. That was Batman doing all that stuff in BvS. And Batman had just come off from trying to actually kill Superman not minutes ago but stopped short because Supes said "Martha" out loud. Batman is not super because he's rich. He's super because the filmmakers literally turned him into someone that's even more powerful than Superman.

The whole idea that he needs a 'Justice League' is such a joke since he's obviously capable of handling both the good guys and bad guys all on his own. Any moment where the film tries to show how he gets beaten like when Doomsday shoots him down feels cheap and out of place. He can do all kind of impossible crap but he can't get out of his own cockpit? Not buying it.

And who am I kidding? This is a universe where something like Suicide Squad is not only allowed to exist. This world can burn.

"What's your super power?"
"I'm rich."

Normally when a super hero charges a huge warehouse full of heavily armed baddies, fights every single one of them while deflecting bullets, hurling heavy items with ease and goes from one building to another with incredible precision, they're usually called Superman. But no. That was Batman doing all that stuff in BvS. And Batman had just come off from trying to actually kill Superman not minutes ago but stopped short because Supes said "Martha" out loud. Batman is not super because he's rich. He's super because the filmmakers literally turned him into someone that's even more powerful than Superman.

The whole idea that he needs a 'Justice League' is such a joke since he's obviously capable of handling both the good guys and bad guys all on his own. Any moment where the film tries to show how he gets beaten like when Doomsday shoots him down feels cheap and out of place. He can do all kind of impossible crap but he can't get out of his own cockpit? Not buying it.

And who am I kidding? This is a universe where something like Suicide Squad is not only allowed to exist. This world can burn.
Hey Jeyl we agree on something! :DBut yeah, I agree with you on this for sure. Its frustrating cause it could have been SO much better, but Zack Snyder hates Superman, and wants you love Batman almost as much as he does.

I'd have to watch it again but it seems the cyborg looks real close to the recent DC animated movies with him in it. So, that design choice has been out there awhile if so.

I get the impression DC/Warner was hoping the fan buzz would be about if we'd ever see Superman in the trailers (like the way people were going crazy over when we'd see Spider-Man in the Civil War trailers). The difference is that DC/Warner has already leaked out so much info on Cavill in advance there's no mystery or doubt he'd appear. I think one simple problem that DC/Warner needs to address is to stop leaking info. They have nothing to gain from showing us stuff in advance. Their brand is unique in that we'd still watch if they were quiet about the production. I think fans would be more excited if they knew almost nothing about JL until near its release.

The other difference is that the first Civil War trailer seems like a completely viable film even without Spider-Man whereas Superman's absence in the JL trailer seems weaker because we're looking at a bunch of characters that have yet to be established. As fans we find ourselves being more analytical and pensive than excited. Civil War got folks cheering only because we already knew who most characters were. Affleck/Batman is the most established character in JL and he's only been in one movie. Until WW comes out she's still relatively new to us. Out of all of them Superman is the most established character and his absence in the trailer makes this film seem much smaller than BvS and not much larger than SS.

If this trailer was released after WW came out I think people would have been cheering more when she appears.

Fans maybe, but we're not the target audience. We're only part of it, in a way larger pool of average moviegoers ! This trailer was to remind them "hey, Justice League is coming !", and it was just that, no real story points (other than the assemble the league point of course), noi villain, just leaguers in action. Same goes for the superman reveal, we've seen the set pics, the reports, etc, while most moviegoer do'nt go looking for that stuff. They may not now yet if and when he's coming back. They may even not have picked up the rising dust at the end of BvS...
Bigger picture guys, bigger picture. There are a lot of critics about the DCEU for different reasons, some really valid, some a lot more... trivial shall we say, but in the end remember that these films, while not having the success DC or we maybe wanted, still have an overall 66,6% approval rate and 3.7/5 score by the general public, and is making money for WB. It's far from the disaster some people try to present on the web !
And purely for comparison, Marvel has an average 82,8% approval rate with average score of 4/5. This tells me that the GA likes Marvel films better, probably because of a few factors, such as they were the first successful comic book franchise on the market, they cater their films better for the GA, and without a doubt, a strong leadership under Feige to make sure all the player stay inside their sandbox, plus probably dozens of factors I'm not thinking about. In my opinion, if DC wants to attain the same level of approval, they have to follow the same rules. Not copy the movies, but the organisation structure. Maybe have a story group, like Star Wars has now, sort of a supervising committee, that would be the equivalent of Feige, but composed of both filmmakers and comic book writers (and someone from WB, they find the money after all).

And purely for comparison, Marvel has an average 82,8% approval rate with average score of 4/5. This tells me that the GA likes Marvel films better, probably because of a few factors, such as they were the first successful comic book franchise on the market, they cater their films better for the GA, and without a doubt, a strong leadership under Feige to make sure all the player stay inside their sandbox, plus probably dozens of factors I'm not thinking about. In my opinion, if DC wants to attain the same level of approval, they have to follow the same rules. Not copy the movies, but the organisation structure. Maybe have a story group, like Star Wars has now, sort of a supervising committee, that would be the equivalent of Feige, but composed of both filmmakers and comic book writers (and someone from WB, they find the money after all).

Thing is, DC/Warner does have someone sort of running the show, they have Zach Snyder who's sort of the creative head of the DCEU. However, it could be argued that they have the wrong person in charge and that he doesn't have enough vision to properly head things up. I think that what DC/Warner really needs is a Kevin Feige, someone who's not a filmmaker himself but has a solid creative vision and understands and appreciates the universe that he's playing with and can help filmmakers take the core or essence of a given comic title and translate that on to the big screen properly.

I agree they need a visual overseer and a story consultant, different people that work closely together to use the right designs that go with the right story. They can take a lot of inspiration from the animated movies, those are really well made with mostly great visuals, depending on your preference of designs. I don't see why its so hard for the animateds, tv, and film departments to at least consider sharing ideas. Sure, it all doesnt have to be the same world, but they can share similar elements in one way or another.

The latest rumor is that the current run time is nearly 3 hours. Which leads me to believe that Snyder just doesn't get it.

These movies aren't for fans any more... they're for consumers. People who will unwittingly buy the merch related to product tie-ins and maybe parents who will unwillingly take their kids to see it. And not just in the U.S... it's global. Foreign audiences probably like this trash way more than U.S. audiences do.

I'm sure they have to know going into it that critics and fans will crap all over this after the last few movies.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back