What is Han Solos detonator in The Force Awakens.?

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just watched the film again, and wondered what the detonator is that Han gives to Chewy in the new movie! Any ideas. I thought maybe this. detonator.jpgAny other thoughts would be awesome.

Do you have a screengrab, I've seen the movie a few times, but never paid particular attention to that handoff, I know the original Droidcaller he has on his belt for ANH, ESB and ROTJ was a vintage Kobold flashcaller, the Wetzlar you linked are generally pretty cheap on eBay, so if that is the right prop I'd definitely want to pick one up now.

Tried to take the best close up I could from my own copy of the book. Seem to be some setting pins on the right, but there is no telling if this is exactly the same as what was found in the movie.
yEA0kUY.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 181
That would be a good idea, just to see if the top end (which is visible on the handover) matches up, have you got a dwg or rhino file you could share ?. The top end is what made me think it was a leica flash gun handle. it seemed to have the same changes in diameter, and looked about the same size. My first thought was one of the things seen in Hans left breast pockets on his jacket, but looking at the screen shots I think they are too small.

Here are a couple of screen grabs. I don't think the detonator featured in the visual dictionary looks large enough in diameter for Solos grip and I think a hole can be seen on the top.
tfa 1.jpgtfa 3.jpgtfa 2.jpg

That would be a good idea, just to see if the top end (which is visible on the handover) matches up, have you got a dwg or rhino file you could share ?. The top end is what made me think it was a leica flash gun handle. it seemed to have the same changes in diameter, and looked about the same size. My first thought was one of the things seen in Hans left breast pockets on his jacket, but looking at the screen shots I think they are too small.
Let me do a bit of resizing based off of the screen grabs you gave, then a test print to test my proportions, I can give you it in form of an stl or other cad formats.

Doesn't look to bad. I think your version I a little on the slender side. I've put two images side by side for comparison.
I cant attach any images for some reason. ill try again later.

detonator size comp.jpgpocket detonators.jpg it looks like the pockets on the jacket definitely contain the detonators, this should give an excellent scale for them.

View attachment 583250View attachment 583251 it looks like the pockets on the jacket definitely contain the detonators, this should give an excellent scale for them.

Hmmm, comparing the shot of Han holding the detonator to the size of those greeblies, I'm not too sure that they're the same entity, although I definitely do need to make it a bit less slender.

Also I believe Han solos tfa jacket greeblies were identified as e-cig batteries, either here or on RL

Here's the updated model that im currently working with, stubbier and looks much closer to the reference given in the visual dictionary

https://i.uh.pe/ekf.png

Last edited:
Thank you Cheetoh for the .png of the detonator. My bro-in-law asked me to make some for his Han Solo jacket and here is what I came up with. I started out with 5/8" aluminum rod. (This size slips into the pockets on the jacket). I printed out the png and scaled it down. I just finished this a few minutes ago and would appreciate any comments or suggestions. I just used magic marker for the colors until I get it painted.
Maurice
Detonate 1.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back