New BMF coming

Well @Jaitea it's just the hsmf is close to maruska's 32" plan but shorter than the 5', (This is also wrong after making better comp pics 7 dec 14) and mines going to be a bit of both, it's a lot of work for something that isn't that important.
I might leave it. I don't know.

Last edited:
Here's the Ep 7 plan of the Falcon:

star-wars-episode-7-millennium-falcon-plans_zpsc9fef26f.jpg

J

So, Falcon in-hand at last YAY! Wow, this thing is going to need paint and a bit of love - slightly terrified now. Anyways, looking at it in the flesh, I've got a coupld of questions you guys likely know off the top of your heads. First, the aft most 'box' on the bottom - is that, and come to think of it all of the boxes on the bottom as well, too shallow? On both the BMF and my MPC Falcon, that box is taller, whereas on the HSMF the leading edge is almost flush with the hull. Not sure if there's anything that can be done about it if so, but something looks off to me there.

Second, regarding the lower turret - am I correct in thinking that that whole circular chunk of the ship is identical to the upper circle in terms of the window placement and armor panels? If so that leads me to...

Third - I know there are various tutorials out there on casting, but can anyone recommend one they feel is actually decent? I'm thinking I'm going to want to cast the whole upper circle, cast the vents on the BMF (I think the small vents on the docking arms are made with the same size grill/mesh stuff as the big ones, and so can be produced from the same mold), and somehow figure out how to cast the quad gun (unscrew it maybe? I dunno, it just looks daunting). Never having DONE that before (I've cast clay sculpts for prosthetic makeup before, but nothing that had to survive the cast, and never in resin), I'm hoping to start with a GOOD tutorial so that I don't destroy the HSMF or my kids' BMF in the process. Any hints here would be really, really appreciated!

The extra long engine section on the hsmf matches the 5' quite closely I think. (pic replaced with more accurate Hsmf layer 7 dec 14)

VfxsupHsmfV2Web_.jpg
That's why its tempting me to push this toward the 5'

Last edited:
I can't help you with your other questions I'm afraid but to replace the underneath circle and gun you could always but a second one,
I bet they will be cheaper after the holidays :)

I can't help you with your other questions I'm afraid but to replace the underneath circle and gun you could always but a second one,
I bet they will be cheaper after the holidays :)
Seems to me that if you were to put the model on a stand, the bottom gunner window is the obvious place to stick your rod in (yeah that sounded weird to me too)..anyhow...if you do that, then you wouldn't even have a gun on the bottom. Seems to me I've seen them do this on the real model often..no?

Don't know why, but i've never liked having my falcons with the landing gear down...it needs to be going into hyperdrive..thus flying

Seems to me that if you were to put the model on a stand, the bottom gunner window is the obvious place to stick your rod in (yeah that sounded weird to me too)..anyhow...if you do that, then you wouldn't even have a gun on the bottom. Seems to me I've seen them do this on the real model often..no?

Don't know why, but I've never liked having my falcons with the landing gear down...it needs to be going into hyperdrive..thus flying

Mine is gonna be what I wish the MR was. Good quality aperture (Hope that is the correct word) so I can have it flying in different angles or just flat, removable landing gear, and lowering ramp to show it landed and I can switch it all around once in a while.

Plus I want to do the stand hole different because I really want both windows and guns and don't want the stand going in the lower window.

Ok just thought I'd put the EpVII falcon in the comps

VfxsupEpVIIweb.jpg Vfxsups Five footer and the epVII

MaruskaEpVIIWeb.jpg Maruskas 32" and the epVII

HsmfEpVIIV2Web_.jpg Hsmf and the epVII :)

Last edited:
Mine is gonna be what I wish the MR was. Good quality aperture (Hope that is the correct word) so I can have it flying in different angles or just flat, removable landing gear, and lowering ramp to show it landed and I can switch it all around once in a while.

Plus I want to do the stand hole different because I really want both windows and guns and don't want the stand going in the lower window.

Where do you plan on trying to put the support rod in? I only mention the bottom window since its very close to the center of the ship..I agree having both guns sounds like a better idea...but not sure where to dig in otherwise...

falcon-1.jpg
But you can see what I mean with the 5 footer..

Where do you plan on trying to put the support rod in? I only mention the bottom window since its very close to the center of the ship..I agree having both guns sounds like a better idea...but not sure where to dig in otherwise...

View attachment 412590
But you can see what I mean with the 5 footer..

I was just looking at it and I think just behind the lower gun mount. The six sided piece. Just behind that but still on the large circle piece would be perfect using the wood frame shared earlier in the thread. It does not have to be in the center so why not have both windows and guns.

STRING! String, and lots of it is how I will display this!! I'm planning to suspend it along side my Hasbro Legacy TIE and trio of Hasbro X-wings (provided I can solve the droopy-wing problem in the one that's already up there before I attack the two Vintage Collection ones I picked up this year - Reds 2, 3, and 5 in formation when it's all done). That said, yeah, need to solve the bottom turret area somehow.

Oh, and thanks for that pic, it solved my question about the lower boxes actually :) Definetly look lower profile on there than on the 32" Falcon. So it looks like some MORE bits of the 5 footer on this toy then.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back