MF's Pepakura and 3D Print Iron Man Files

Re: MF's Mk 33, Mk 42, and Mk 45 Files - 3D Printing started!

see the only problem i have had is a bubble once appeared on my print cause i left it in too long, and it was a flash logo but it didnt lose any of its sharp edges

see the only problem i have had is a bubble once appeared on my print cause i left it in too long, and it was a flash logo but it didnt lose any of its sharp edges

Oh, well then this may be a viable option! Thanks for the input!

... When i look at your fanatstic results- im thinking about Getting a 3D Printer on my own :D

Would you say its much better to print parts than to cut them out of EVA (the classical way) ?
How long does it take to see the first good results out of this magical box? and the most important question: is it very hard to find the specific files for the armors/helmets? :)

i can confirm that using chloroform with PLA works. i use it myself with my prints. just a quick dip in it solidifies the print...10 seconds would smooth it over to the point where 60 to 70% of your print line details disappear. redipping and then leaving to resolidify then redipping i have found works better than to leave it in the solution for an extended period of time. do not leave the print in chloroform as it would dissolve it. it would be a good thing if you want to make glue i suppose?

... When i look at your fanatstic results- im thinking about Getting a 3D Printer on my own :D

Would you say its much better to print parts than to cut them out of EVA (the classical way) ?
How long does it take to see the first good results out of this magical box? and the most important question: is it very hard to find the specific files for the armors/helmets? :)

It'll take a few attempts to get everything calibrated, but after a day of doing some test prints and changing some settings, you should be seeing some quality prints right there! And for the second question, it depends on what file you're looking for. Not every armor is modeled and for the ones that are, they're not already converted to 3D print ready files.

Sir @MiddleFinger are you going to make the full mark 45 pepakura suit?

Haha... No. I answered this question before in this thread. This is just way too much for me to tackle

Hi @Middle Finger when will your release the mk 45 stl file since my printer is gonna be ready soon!!!

Filament can absorb moisture which can cause small bubbles in your print. I take older filament that isn't bagged up and throw it in the oven at 100 degrees for an hour or so to dry it out before bagging back up.

This is a major problem if you print with nylon (can absorb up to 10 percent of its weight from the moisture in the air)

Oils from your hands could cause problems too during the printing process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark 45 3D Print Helmet files can be downloaded here:

CLICK ME

Life has been hectic lately. Thought I'd release the files for everyone to use. I didn't want to hold out any longer. If you print them, be sure to post photos! I'd love to see everyone's progress.

sweet thanks!

btw do some of the files need to be flipped it to print the other half?

CLICK ME

Life has been hectic lately. Thought I'd release the files for everyone to use. I didn't want to hold out any longer. If you print them, be sure to post photos! I'd love to see everyone's progress.

sweet thanks!

btw do some of the files need to be flipped it to print the other half?

Yep! Every file with the exception of the the "Bottom Top" file and the two faceplate files.

hey bud your files are great here is my progress so far

CLICK ME

Attachments

• IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1063.JPG
    IMG_1063.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1064.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1064.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1063.JPG
    IMG_1063.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1061.JPG
    IMG_1061.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

1459238751601.jpg

thanks for the files so far printed the jaw, I used S3D to print the jaw side by side and seems like it kept it merged , not sure how accurate it is with measurements though. This isn't your faceplate file though that's why it's not lined up correctly. Anyway I could get the Jaw Piece combined?.

finally finished but I did determine me sizing it down to 95% made it too tight putting on with my ears attached to my head lol. So now to decide If I should scale it to 100% or 105%.

I did notice that even repaired the faceplate appears to have gaps just in between the eye areas, not sure if it's my slicer settings but I was printing at 3 shells
P4050031.jpg

hey bud your files are great here is my progress so far

Looking awesome man! How far are you now?

finally finished but I did determine me sizing it down to 95% made it too tight putting on with my ears attached to my head lol. So now to decide If I should scale it to 100% or 105%.

I did notice that even repaired the faceplate appears to have gaps just in between the eye areas, not sure if it's my slicer settings but I was printing at 3 shells

Very nice! And yeah, that same thing happened on mine. Whoever modeled that file just did a really bad job making sure the thickness was good enough at all parts... Who could that be though...

But! Anyone interested in some Mark 42 3D print files? I know there is already one on here that's derived from Gimpee's file, but this one should be a little more accurate.

42%20wip_zpspf7oh8g0.png

I had the files ready to go, but since the site went down for a little, I didn't get the chance to post them until right now. Link down below and I will update the first page as well. I had some issues with some of my files being uploaded on other sites, I would kinda cool if that wouldn't happen again though! I'd appreciate it at least. But yes, here you guys go.

Mark 42 Helmet 3D Print Files

helmet_zpsjhmwqzrp.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back