Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Mk VII tester helmet

Hi Duo Monkey, the thick black lines are for the helmet grooves and are there as a guide for when they are carved in at the filler stage. Don't cut them away!! :)
Can you send me a link for that guide? Having a hard time with those grooves and i could use some help.

The dark lines are the guide to where you should add the grooves in the finishing stages. Build the file pretending they are not there. Add your filler to the surface, add resin and reinforce the inside, then reprint the parts with the black lines and use then to guide you. Redraw the grooves then cut the grooves with a dremel or by hand with any number of tools. I use a 1 inch section of a hacksaw blade.

Hi Darkside. Can you export a letter paper, .90 scale, version 2 helmet file into a multipage dxf file with solid red/blue mountain and valley folds and upload it to your drive?
Thanks!

Hello thanks for awesome file i have a problem i live in india here foams are not available . can i use cardboard insted of foam and also chest pisces and to many can you modify them for me . plzzz its my first try to make it

I have a question about these files. When I open the abs it says I have to scale them before I can print them, but I don't know how to scale them? Is there a way I can just print them anyway? Also, the files don't come with the helmet. Do I have to search for the Mk.VII helmet separately or can I just use any of the helmet files?

helmet choice is down to personal preference, if you want accuracy then search out the mkvii if not use whatever you have. as for scaling, if you open the file in pepakura and click on 2D menu at the top and click on adjust scale, there you can either change up or down 10% or you can enter your own measurement, be aware though that you can only change one dimension as pepakura will change the other two automatically.

just play with it, i learned by just pressing buttons and seeing what happened, used a couple of youtube tutorials and used the search bar at the top of the page, its actually fairly easy once youve got used to it.

Okay, thanks. :)
I have a question about the files: do I have to resize each piece to an individual scale or not? I've scaled the lower forearm piece correctly at a scale of 25. However when I scaled another piece (the upper forearm I think) to a scale of 25, it seemed a lot bigger? Also, the default scales on all of the pieces are different. Should I use 25 scale on each part of the suit or remeasure and work out each individual scale for each piece of the armour?

Okay, thanks. :)
I have a question about the files: do I have to resize each piece to an individual scale or not? I've scaled the lower forearm piece correctly at a scale of 25. However when I scaled another piece (the upper forearm I think) to a scale of 25, it seemed a lot bigger? Also, the default scales on all of the pieces are different. Should I use 25 scale on each part of the suit or remeasure and work out each individual scale for each piece of the armour?
It's always best to scale each part individually. If not, the proportions will match the standard Iron Man suit, and not your body type.

The14thDr

You do want to scale each piece for your body but you should also keep in mind how you want the suit to look proportionately. You don't want to stray very far from your base scale which is why I suggest starting with your torso. If you make the arms 25 then realize that you need a smaller or larger scale for the torso then you will end up with a disproportioned suit.

The Mk VII helmet is on a separate link in the first post. There is some good info in that post so please read through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay thanks. :)
I measured some of the pieces against my body and the ideal size for the chest is 23, but when I tried the arms at that scale they were too small. :( I may be able to scale the arms and chest at 24 but some of the pieces will be a little big. I should be able to pad out the inside of the chest with some endotech and whatnot to make it fit properly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back