Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Actually I agree with TheWolverine in that the fabric is reversed. Perhaps not inside out, but check out this detail. Clearly it's a mirror image of the pattern. It's possible they just printed their own as a reversed image in custom colors.

PeacockPatterncompare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
darkside501st The back of the sample has the pattern flipped around without the black outline, but color is the same. The screen used shirt has the peacock feathers facing the same direction as the sample I have from the way it looks from the back. Look close at way the whisp under the larger feather face to the left on the front side of it. FLIP it around and then it is to the right like Hugh's looks.

I wasn't able to find the fabric in the correct colors, so I modified the pattern and created my own. This is custom printed 100% combed cotton. Looks like I still need to modify my file. I agree the centers and top portion of the feathers are darker. Do you think this is a greenish color different than the rest of the feather or just a darker shade of the same color?

I won't have time to fabricate shirts myself anytime soon, unless my work situation changes. But I'm looking into sourcing the correct snap buttons and may be able to offer a run of fabric.

Were you able to find it in the right colors?

The colours are right, yes...There are (at least) three variations on the site I found, only one of which is spot on for the film...Well, I say spot on...It's not quite...The film used the same fabric, but had faded it very heavily, so that the colours mute and the pattern too....
If the pattern IS reversed as shown above, then I suspect it means they've used the pattern, but with enough changes to it to beat the copyright payments on it with Liberty....By reversing it, and a few other small changes, you'd avoid having to pay for the rights to it, and that might be why it looks reversed.....

I still feel using the original pattern (without reversing it) is fine, because the print is a 70's era print, very much in pattern with the age, and would work rather well....I feel....But if someone has the ability to reproduce enough fabric with the changed pattern, that's cool too......

The same Jeans as throughout the Franchise. Levis 527 boot cut. ;)

Got darkside501st X-MEN ORIGINS WOLVERINE dog tag set. Awesome stuff!!!! Very recommended! Thanks for the set. I will post pics as soon as I have time to take some!
Concerning Jackman: It would be too bad for him to quit. Now he is in the perfect age (he was way to young in X1). He should film two solo Wolverine films and Show up as a supporting character from time to time in the X-films (not every single one of them, but some at least).
Then in 15 years they should make one final film with Hugh in his early 60ies: OLD MAN LOGAN. by then the X-Franchise will be huge and they will be able to use multiple characters.

No, they're not levis in this one. Saw the stitching in the back pocket and it is quite different. Don't believe me, freeze it at the point he gets his bone claws stuck in the waterbed.

The same Jeans as throughout the Franchise. Levis 527 boot cut. ;)

Got darkside501st X-MEN ORIGINS WOLVERINE dog tag set. Awesome stuff!!!! Very recommended! Thanks for the set. I will post pics as soon as I have time to take some!
Concerning Jackman: It would be too bad for him to quit. Now he is in the perfect age (he was way to young in X1). He should film two solo Wolverine films and Show up as a supporting character from time to time in the X-films (not every single one of them, but some at least).
Then in 15 years they should make one final film with Hugh in his early 60ies: OLD MAN LOGAN. by then the X-Franchise will be huge and they will be able to use multiple characters.

No, they're not levis in this one. Saw the stitching in the back pocket and it is quite different. Don't believe me, freeze it at the point he gets his bone claws stuck in the waterbed.

They're Adriano Goldschmied jeans this time out....Which type? I can't be sure yet...Not looked at them all..But there's no mistaking the back pocket design....

I'm leaning towards the "Hero" line, since those seem to be the general pattern he's wearing...But I can't be sure....

http://www.agjeans.com/pl/pi/0/c/201.html

vlcsnap-2015-04-05-19h21m07s59.png

If anyone gets the time to double check and make sure which type it is? I'd be glad of the help! Thanks!

I heard back from AG Jeans, and the women said that perhaps the Matchbox model is the one being worn by Jackman...I feel that they're a touch tighter than the ones we see in the film, but Jackman does own a pair of Matchbox jeans (was shot for the promo for The Wolverine in them...), so it's more than possible....

She suggested that the Matchbox "Spear" would be a good hit for the colour perhaps, and the back pocket details match there as well....So, that's perhaps the answer to the jeans question? As always though, if you DO buy AG Jeans, I'd say buy a fit that YOU like on YOU, since, some of us train legs and fitting into tighter jeans isn't as easy as Jackman makes it look.....LOL (He has very thin legs, even with training....I have shorter legs, and thicker, so prefer a more straight legged finish...)

Anyway...It was nice of AG Jeans to get back to me so quickly, and I thought I'd share their thoughts here for us.....

I knew before I clicked on that link that they'd cost that much...I just new it but nice find.

Yeah....It would appear that in the more recent X-Men movies, Jackman's personal taste in clothing has been creeping in somewhat, what with the sunglasses and the jeans now, both of which he's been shot using in "normal life"...

Which is fine! But....It means that he has clothes that most of us who aren't Hollywood superstars have a harder time finding and buying....LOL....Dammit......

Harrison Ford did the same in the Indiana Jones series with the boots he chose, using personal favourites over those selected by the design team initially, and those boots are expensive as well.....Now the AG Jeans with Jackman too? Ah well......One thing I can be sure of, Wolverine cosplay is now getting quite expensive....LOL

I may just get a pair though....I like the design of the jeans, and the connection to the film works for me too...So.....Saving up.

DAVIDYR1 Finally cut up the UDReplicas X2 Wolverine Gloves & used some leather treatment. Just in time for MegaCon 2015!
View attachment 462614View attachment 462615
View attachment 462616View attachment 462617
I'll post with claws soon after treatment dries. \I/snikt\I/

Nice!! I miss those suits and it never gets old seeing customers pics, even after all these years...........but I dont miss making those suits. Catch my drift.

David

- - - Updated - - -

DAVIDYR1 Finally cut up the UDReplicas X2 Wolverine Gloves & used some leather treatment. Just in time for MegaCon 2015!
View attachment 462614View attachment 462615
View attachment 462616View attachment 462617
I'll post with claws soon after treatment dries. \I/snikt\I/

Nice!! I miss those suits and it never gets old seeing customers pics, even after all these years...........but I dont miss making those suits. Catch my drift.

David

They all follow the same basic pattern, a small, thin block held in the palm with the three wires coming out and up to the knuckles to connect to the claws proper.....
DarkMatterProps sells the metal base on it's own I think? So he'd be my choice, but it depends on the wires you're using for the claws.....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back