Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I was trying to find shots that show what I meant about the ducktail...Or rather, lack of it.....

Here..
vlcsnap-2014-12-12-20h50m46s167.pngvlcsnap-2014-12-12-20h51m06s116.pngvlcsnap-2014-12-12-20h56m30s16.png

In all of these, it is clearly a flat line back...No ducktail....However...When the jacket is worn with the arms bent, or the jacket shape twisted slightly? It does this...

vlcsnap-2014-12-12-20h57m43s224.pngvlcsnap-2014-12-12-20h58m15s46.png

And then, in the next scene, with slightly less arm flex to raise the sides, it goes back to being flat once more...
vlcsnap-2014-12-12-20h58m20s97.png

I think that should show what I mean about the arm position being essential to how we see the ducktail....In a flat on, arms down pose, there's nothing...Bend the arms or raise them? And the leather responds with a flex that looks more like a ducktail....But there isn't one...I think we can see clearly from the first few photos....

It's a hard one to see, since the film needs to be stopped at the right point, but there can be little doubt....No ducktail on this one..

I finished my latest version (V2) of the Wolverine X1/2 dog tag.

Changes from V1 is that the text is bolder and it has been cast in iron allow instead of copper so the tag has a little more weight to it.

The first two images show a pristine look. The third image is a quick weathered look I accomplished with some sandpaper, aluminum black, and steel wool and black acrylic paint for the text..

Attachments

• IMG_2196.JPG
    IMG_2196.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2196 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_2196 - Version 2.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I kinda figured that there was, nothing that a flathead screwdriver couldn't do. No damage to the pre-cut holes done. Been rocking this for the past few days with my Origins belt and have gotten nothing but great compliments. A few asked me where I got it lol I was like uhhhhhhhh

For those that had no idea what I was referring to.
http://www.threadsmagazine.com/assets/uploads/posts/18384/l012_lg.jpg
https://d31snyb1jsf9xb.cloudfront.n...ather-Craft-ABC-Thread-Two-Prong-Needle.jpg-x

Or through eBay as stated item:

10 Pack 2-PRONG LACING NEEDLES 1190-00 Tandy Leather Craft Steel Lace Needle

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a Red Monkey Watch you're wearing there, the wolverine? His belt looks damn good in my opinion. The craftsmanship is well worth the $50-$65 range. As it takes a lot of time to craft these right from a cobbling standpoint.

Dan has told me that he's almost set on the belts for us all.....He's been working with his leather guy to get something up and running, and said in an email to me today, that's he's almost all ready to put it out for sale........Once it's fully sorted, and the prices are all worked out and the photos are up, we'll get more details of course, but he wanted me to let you all know that it's not long in coming.......

Good news for Christmas!

Dan has told me that he's almost set on the belts for us all.....He's been working with his leather guy to get something up and running, and said in an email to me today, that's he's almost all ready to put it out for sale........Once it's fully sorted, and the prices are all worked out and the photos are up, we'll get more details of course, but he wanted me to let you all know that it's not long in coming.......

Good news for Christmas!

sounds great looking forward to grabbing a belt

his on the right path got the curves on the vine's either side pronounced right some of the other ones iv seen have been straight

Peacock print dress shirt as seen on Logan / Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) in X-Men: Days of Future Past - By: Liberty London
WolverineLibertyLondonPeacockDressShirt.jpg
darkside501st Please post a shot of the pattern close-up that you posted before thanks. Did a HD screen grab get posted of the screen used shirt yet?
fifthchamber Could you get one made where you had the custom shirt made like the one you have from X1?

Last edited:
Not "reportedly"... The print is a Liberty one.. No doubts there at all.. The shirt wasn't made by them though, it has all the same lines design wise as the other western shirts worn by wolverine in the other films... So if I had to guess, I'd say a Liberty print fabric from the 70's, with an in house design team making the shirt for Jackman...
Very little doubt left at this point...
On the plus side, I have a friend who might be able to work something up with the pattern still, and make a shirt for me at some future point... The fabric print is the hard part.. Unless you buy it from Liberty (they no longer sell it, so eBay), you have to make your own.. Which means copyright infringement... But.. We shall see what she can muster....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we identified the fabric print a while back and I created a duplicate seamless pattern so when we can find a fabric print shop to do it then we already have the pattern ready to go.

Peacock print dress shirt as seen on Logan / Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) in X-Men: Days of Future Past - By: Liberty London
View attachment 418165
darkside501st Please post a shot of the pattern close-up that you posted before thanks. Did a HD screen grab get posted of the screen used shirt yet?
fifthchamber Could you get one made where you had the custom shirt made like the one you have from X1?

That's the plan at the moment....I've been trying to find out what print shops here can offer me as well, so we can get fabric printed off and then sent to someone who can make them into shirts for us, but that plan is on a short hold right now due to costs, so nothing moving for a few more months....
The woman who made the X1 shirt for me can pattern print if it's only one or so shirts, since Liberty would be unlikely to sue over one shirt that wasn't made for profit....But we'll see what she can manage...That's also a fair wait away.....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back