Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Sorry, I meant fiberglass and bondo prior to cutting in my last post, but only posted "fiberglass before cutting". It's easiest to cut and match when you are getting close to the finished product.

THX to tht great Forum and to all the cool people building their suits!!
Now i also started with my mark VII ;-) IMG_0837.JPGIMG_0838.JPGIMG_0839.JPGIMG_0840.JPGIMG_0842.JPG

First: Thanks a lot for the Files, I'm really happy about that because I want to craft a Iron Man since the first Movie ran in Cinema :3

So here my first finished Part, its the elbow and I crafted it two times because I forgot to change the size :D"

DSC_0417.JPG

Now I crafting the biceps part and I'm not sure if it has the right size for my smal girl arm XD

More progress Photos can you see on my FB Page :3
https://www.facebook.com/TooNTwinsCosplay

Hey guys, whats up?
I'm pretty new to this pepakura stuff but I'm really looking forward to start making my own MK VII helmet.
I just can't figure out which size I should print, the first post says to use the file helmet tester but I have no idea what to do with it.
Any tips? Either way, I'm about 5'7'', skinny type if that gives anyone a clue to which one I should get.
Thanks a lot in advance!
:)

In the very first post you'll see a sizing guide of what scale to try
just be warned it's not a one sized fits all solution, you may have to go larger or smaller scaled items on individual parts. Start with the base size for your height and then go from there

Thanks ct23456! I had read the post but somehow missed it.
I took some measurements and the scale should be 0.95 for the helmet at least.
As far as printing, any tips? Should I change anything from the printing settings or is the preset good to go?
I might start this in a few weeks when I get a break from college, so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I actually start.

Thanks a lot!

I found printing to be pretty straight forward, the quality of the printing is less important than how steady your hand is though. Before you start you'll want to get yourself a pack of 110lb grade card stock, a metric crap ton of razor blades, a rotary mat from a hobby store (google if you don't know what it is) and the world's great netflix que or music play list. Cutting takes LOTS of time. For example, for my very first piece I started cutting the upper fore arm, I got through The Avengers before finishing all the cutting on that one piece, granted it's very detailed, but you should know what you are getting yourself into.

Hi Mugizib,
Are you printing onto letter sized paper or A4?
If its A4, you will need to resize the paper and perhaps rearrange the pieces to fit (or use Darksides A4 sized finals)

ct23456 I'm from Brazil and we use the metric system, from what I've read 110lb should somewhere close to 180g/m^2, about that rotary mat I honestly have no idea where I'm going to find one so I might have to buy it online. I can imagine it might take very long, I'm a perfectionist so it might take even longer, thats why I plan to start when I actually have time to do it. Thanks for the help!
Redman99 Hey there Redman99, I haven't bought the paper yet so I'm not sure, but I would think A4 is usually easier to find around here. I'm going to start with the MK VII v2 helmet that is already scaled to letter and A4 and probably gonna wait until Darkside501st releases the full suit. However I have no idea how to scale from one to other. Would you know how? Thanks bro!
darkside501st A special thanks to you for making all these templates and sharing with everyone so that each person can make it's own!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mugizib,
If you download darksides v2 files, just download the A4 versions, they will fit ok.
If you are looking at the V1 files, or the tester helmet, etc, you need to change the paper size before printing. This will mean some of the pieces wont fit on the page anymore. You will need to move them around, spin them, etc to get them all on the paper correctly.

Hey Darkside! Your files are awesome man. Is V2 thigh released? Thanks in advance !

None of the v2 files except for the helmet have been released yet. I am almost done with the Thigh then I just have to finish the shin and neck.

none of the links to dl are working for me anything i am doing wrong???

I just checked the links and they all appear to be working properly. Is anyone else having trouble?

Hey guys quick question. Im out of resin and i ve built a helmet just for me to have in my room, im using 180gsm paper. Can i harden it with PVA instead of resin. And if i can do i have to papier mache or something or do i just coat the whole thing with PVA. Also do i have to mix the glue with water or do i just use 100% PVA.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back