Retro Raygun

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Found this beauty at a secondhand store: a vintage Electro Atomic Disrupto-Ray ... in excellent condition! These are pretty rare and finding one with its plasma orb intact is almost impossible. I've run some preliminary tests. The power couplings seem viable but I'm not getting any response from the fusion core so I'll need to order more Uranium pods off amazon.com. It's a little over-powered, I doubt I'll go past the PEW! PEW! setting.

Attachments

• Disrupto1.JPG
    Disrupto1.JPG
    536.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Disrupto2.JPG
    Disrupto2.JPG
    812.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Disrupto3.JPG
    Disrupto3.JPG
    824.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Disrupto4.JPG
    Disrupto4.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • Disrupto5.JPG
    Disrupto5.JPG
    896.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Disrupto6.JPG
    Disrupto6.JPG
    779.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Disrupto7.JPG
    Disrupto7.JPG
    473.7 KB · Views: 69
That is an absolutely gorgeous build, really love props created entirely of found parts. I can guess a few of the items you used, but could I possibly get an entire parts list, please?

Thanks for the kind worlds ... so the bulk of the main "barrel" is actually the entire innards of the drill. The whole piece highlighted in red was one piece that I pulled out and put into the drill's chuck. I added an acrylic globe, a CO2 Cylinder, a bicycle wheel component, glass vial, and some random dials. It was actually way to easy.

That is an absolutely gorgeous build, really love props created entirely of found parts. I can guess a few of the items you used, but could I possibly get an entire parts list, please?

Attachments

• ray.jpg
    ray.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 68
That's fantastic, thank you for sharing. I might have to give this a go sometime in the future. Thanks for the inspiration, never know where it'll smack you in the face. :)

Thanks for the kind worlds ... so the bulk of the main "barrel" is actually the entire innards of the drill. The whole piece highlighted in red was one piece that I pulled out and put into the drill's chuck. I added an acrylic globe, a CO2 Cylinder, a bicycle wheel component, glass vial, and some random dials. It was actually way to easy.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back