The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

This is an early prototype. Leather color and thickness are wrong but the pattern provided by nexnox is great!
uve5u2az.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uve5u2az.jpg
    uve5u2az.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 66
  • uve5u2az.jpg
    uve5u2az.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good there, what did you use to make the triangle ring? The back look wide? i saw a photo that show a part of the belt that comes to a pointed back behind the blaster on the holster and the it thins out going back behind him, are you making your adjustable?
This is an early prototype. Leather color and thickness are wrong but the pattern provided by @nexnox is great! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/31/uve5u2az.jpg

Our "D" ring is aluminum. I still don't know exactly what the back looks like, but I have inferred a decent idea, I think.

Edit: yes we are making it adjustable in the rear.

Last edited:
Looking good there, what did you use to make the triangle ring? The back look wide? i saw a photo that show a part of the belt that comes to a pointed back behind the blaster on the holster and the it thins out going back behind him, are you making your adjustable?

Most of the pictures we seen lead us to believe that the back is pretty wide. nexnox pointed out that costume is motocross inspired and if you look up those kind of belts most are wide in the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have pictures of the back of Starlords bucket? Each replica our there is soooo different! I know a few exist but they are not clear enough. I'm modding the back of mine so was hoping to find reference images. Anyone got some from Comic Con? Google search is only revealing the front and sides.

Those headphones look really good. I know the mdr-5a headphones are really rare so this looks like a decent alternative if I come across a pair. A pair of mdr-5a's just ended on ebay a few days ago for almost $700 ... That's kind of insane.

I was just asking as in this photo it shows that the belt has a point in the back behind the blaster/ Holster area then curves up, now how much it curves is the question. Plus the top has a slight curve as well. But its up to interpretation. I know there was one scene that for a fraction of a second showed the back in the movie.
Belt-Refphoto-1.jpg
Most of the pictures we seen lead us to believe that the back is pretty wide. @nexnox pointed out that costume is motocross inspired and if you look up those kind of belts most are wide in the back.

I was just asking as in this photo it shows that the belt has a point in the back behind the blaster/ Holster area then curves up, now how much it curves is the question. Plus the top has a slight curve as well. But its up to interpretation. I know there was one scene that for a fraction of a second showed the back in the movie.
View attachment 370731

We believe that this photo is a bit to photoshopped to take any detail awayfrom.

I agree that it was photoshopped due the colors, i was more looking at the shape, as i believe the shape was not altered.
but since no one has a good photo of the back of the belt, its any ones guess
We believe that this photo is a bit to photoshopped to take any detail awayfrom.

While I'm still fairly new here at the RPF, I'm just going to post a little bit on what I'm doing. I'll be using one of the pep files for the helmet (probably not doing this for another month or so....Ironman MK42 and War Machine are still in process), but I've been working on the guns. I went the easy route, and bought 2 of the Nerf guns. Those things are honestly fantastic, and close enough to the real gun that I'll live with it. I've gone the route of obviously painting mine, as well as adding some LED details (see the G+ posts linked below). I just finished adding the gold and silver paint details tonight, and will post another update once everything is finished. I have one small/minor detail of fitting a battery pack into the gun yet, and adding the mounting that I plan on using....which is probably not normal here.

The mounting I plan on doing is actually, completely magnetic. I'll be inserting a bunch of rare earth magnets into the hand grip and then using a similar pattern on each side where the holster would be. This should give it the appearance that they are just 'stuck' to my legs, but can easily grab them. It's going to be interesting, but I want to make it a bit different. I've got plenty of the magnets, and I don't think it will take many more than 6 or so to keep it from falling.

https://plus.google.com/114952022129331891388/posts/jKqGJTWseZ1

That's a link to my G+ post where I show off the LED's before painting the guns.

https://plus.google.com/114952022129331891388/posts/MFzfWGPTkG3

This is a link where I've done the base black coat that I wanted for the guns, and the LED's. I'm actually enjoying this build quite a bit.

As for the rest, I plan on buying one of the expensive jackets ($100 or so online), just because I'm not into working with leather much. And the rest, I'm pretty much going to wing it as I get around to it. The helmet will probably be done by christmas time, and I can assure you it will....different from most others. The things I've learned from Iron Man on lighting are going to work out very well here I believe.

Anyway....just kinda saying hi. =]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back