Freddy glove templates?

ZOMBIEREPELLENT

Sr Member
Hey guys, I've been kicking around the idea of making a Freddy glove for the past......I guess since I first saw the movie when I was 7 haha. Anyways, I remember in a thread around here somewhere someone posted a link to templates for the parts. I can't find the thread and can't remember who posted it. I also can't turn anything up on a google search. If anyone has or know how I can find the templates I would be EXTREMELY greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Here's one I drew up - it's similar to the Freddy Vs Jason glove, but more by accident than design!

FreddyVsGloveFingersJ.jpg

FreddyVsGloveBackBladeJ.jpg

Less blurred .gif versions:
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/Coz_UK/FreddyVsGloveBackBladeG.gif
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/Coz_UK/FreddyVsGloveFingersG.gif

Still gotta make the blades!
FreddyGlovePicsJ.jpg

Hope that helps!
Coz.

Not to far off topic, any sources for blades. I would love to replace the mystery metal blades on my glove.

Those are nice blades! Stainless Steel no less. I may have to order a set. They don't appear to be sharpened though.

I forgot who made my glove. I know they are now out of business as the builder went back to school. The website was taken offline the last time I checked.

Those are nice blades! Stainless Steel no less. I may have to order a set. They don't appear to be sharpened though.

not many glove makers will pre-sharpen the blades that i know of - probably for liability. you could always sharpen them yourself if you really wanted,but the stainless might not hold an edge anyway. they're props, not weapons after all, so edge retention isn't exactly going ot be high on the list of material specs.

Good luck getting someone to post their own screen accurate templates!

+1
it's a small market, and most are pretty shut up about their templates.

Last edited:
I remember making mine out of various copper tubing many years ago. It seems them being all slick and finished wasn't in thinking of the character. The rougher the better.
I made my blades of out metal I sharpened like real blades. If you gonna do it , why make them dull really..

Posting to say thx to Coz!

about a month ago I used Coz's templates, they're great for getting your head around the pieces. I can now finally say thankyou as i now have a membership :)

If you're wanting to make a Nightmare 1 glove then I suggest the following tweaks to the templates above.

1) The finger tip pieces on the left side of the sheet- Where the "V" is cut into the fingertip, take a pencil and rejoin the 'v' cut so it's a semicircle at the fingertip. This will also make the fingertip a little longer.

2) The middle finger pieces on the right side of the page, add about 15mm of length to the 'narrow' part of the piece. If your doing a nightmare 1 these need to be much longer. The pinky may need more as it's a little short in proportion to the others.

remember to make the piece longer then the template cause you can always trim them to size as it comes together

latest014.jpg

latest006.jpg

hope this helps anyone tackling this project in the future

Werstrooper - great job on that! Really like the colour on the copper!

Glad to be of service! :D

Gotta love that creaking metal noise when flexing the fingers - spine tingly! ;)

C.

Good luck getting someone to post their own screen accurate templates!
The following pics came from David Miller's (FX Artist) website: DAVID MILLER CREATIONS. He sells replica gloves from the Nightmare films he worked on as well as a generic felt fedora, rubber stunt mask, & sweaters. I'm also posting a pic of my Freddy statue (work in progress) & all items on statue I had purchased from David Miller. Hope the pics helps.

nice Thread, I'm planning to build my own glove.
Is there any more instruction? I wonder how to fix the blades to the rest of the glove?

thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back