Fifth Element prop builds & acquisitions 15 Feb 2016: Mangalore rifle sling

Re: Fith Element Mangalore rifle build (and other 5th Element props)

Got my welded rails. Probably should've gone with steel but the aluminium should look okay with some paint.
mangalore27.jpg

Also started work on Korben's phone. Something I've wanted to build for a very long time.
korbenphone1.jpg

Fifth Element prop builds - Korben Dallas' phone

Now that I've studied Korben's phone in detail it looks like two donor phones were used. There is one distinct area of the frame that only appears once on the real phone but twice on the prop. So my second phone is on it's way to me now...
korbenphone2.jpg

korbenphone3.jpg

korbenphone5.jpg

korbenphone7.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Fith Element prop builds - Korben Dallas' phone

Oh, and got these from Zorg. Excellent castings with only very minor seam removal and drilling out of the attachment slots.
korbentrophies1.jpg

And messing about with the pop-up 'Winner' ticket.
winner1.jpg

Re: Fith Element prop builds - Korben Dallas' phone

Man, you do some very clean work. Your gun looks better than the hero gun. Very nice work.

Fith Element prop builds. 29 September - Multipasses!

Bought these Multipass kits from Matt Munson many moons ago and decided to finally dust them off and build them. I miss my old Multipass which I had to sell along with a lot of my stuff a while back.

Following both Matt's tutorial and Zombie Killer's, with a bit of my own customization. I just hope I can make the electronics work this time round!

multipass1.jpg

Following ZK's advice, I filed down the top of the corrugated pieces and cut out some of the bottom top layer (it was easier than trying to file a curve). This allows the top layer to sit flat.
multipass2.jpg

multipass3.jpg

The LED sat too high on my previous Multipass, so again following ZK's advice I filed out some of the bottom layer and filed down the underside of the LED.
multipass4.jpg

multipass5.jpg

I'm going to use the eyeglasses arm piece that Charles Kline sent me this time instead of the yellow acrylic rod. Ordered another pair of glasses as well.
Also filed down the edges of the LED frames. The squared strips are too narrow. These are 1mm and I scale the one on the original prop to 1.5mm so I've ordered some in that size.
multipass6.jpg

Followed Matt's tutorial and filed down the 'nipple' on the clear domes, sanded and polished back to a smooth finish. However, l wish I hadn't because I can still see this on the original prop!
multipass7.jpg

I also have these eyelets to use this time, as long as the stainless steel ball chain fits through.
multipass8.jpg

A quick test-fit and I'm much happier with the height of the LED this time.
multipass9.jpg

Layers glued together and some preliminary filing of the edges.
multipass10.jpg

The part I hate the most: Getting rid of seams!
multipass11.jpg

multipass12.jpg

After first fill/file/sand/prime...
multipass13.jpg

After a few more passes, the seams are almost gone :)
multipass14.jpg

multipass15.jpg

Self adhesive yellow vinyl added to back of clear domes and I cut out backing from 1mm styrene sheet. This is to stop the buttons from falling out.
multipass16.jpg

multipass17.jpg

Fith Element prop builds. 2 October: Korben's alarm clock

A quick build. Clear acrylic, adhesive inkjet transparency, an old PC cable and some double sided tape. I hope to improve on the cable part later.
Korbenalarm2.jpg

Korbenalarm3.jpg

Re: Fith Element prop builds. 29 September - Multipasses!

Bought these Multipass kits from Matt Munson many moons ago and decided to finally dust them off and build them. I miss my old Multipass which I had to sell along with a lot of my stuff a while back.

Following both Matt's tutorial and Zombie Killer's, with a bit of my own customization. I just hope I can make the electronics work this time round!
Great job, Kurtyboy! I did a MattMunson build a while ago too, and like you, had trouble getting the LED to sit at the right height (but was able to get it to illuminate).

You can see how I devised a simple switch for the lithium coin battery in the build pic below.

20120413_224218_edit.jpg

Finished product...but I need to get some of those eyelets! Where did you find them, Kurtyboy, if I may ask?

20120430_190241_e.jpg

Re: Fith Element prop builds. 2 October: Korben's alarm clock

Not very accurate LOL!

You know we should be able to recreate a working one. It is really just a LCD without a backlight.

Tim, you can get the eyelets on ebay. Size 2mm. How exactly is your battery holder/switch made?

Fith Element prop builds. 3 October: Korben's phone update

More chopping up...
korbenphone11.jpg

korbenphone12.jpg

korbenphone13.jpg

Screen is temporary - material is too thick.
korbenphone14.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Fith Element prop builds. 3 October: Korben's phone update.

Re-doing the graphics. I kept the pictures from my Matt's kit but re-doing the layout and fonts.

Clockwise from top left: Mine, book scan, Matt's kit, screen capture.
Multipass18.jpg

Notice there were at least two different props. The one in the book and the one on screen are sized/positioned completely differently and the MULTI PASS text changes position. I'm going with the book scan since it's a clearer image and easier to match.

Re: Fith Element prop builds. 3 October: Korben's phone update.

There were pretty good photos of the ones up for auction. I'm sure you saw those. The print quality was surprisingly poor.

-MJ

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back