JayCVenlo's - Iron man Mark 43 Avengers 2 - Sintra and Fibreglass Build

Hahaha no... my precious,....:ninja

Yes 2mm will do the trick. To cut it, all you need is a sharp stanley knife. Cuts like butter.

Can I have them [emoji39] I will redo my helmet and the forearms. I might give sintra a try. Are u using 2mm? How do u cut the pieces, scissors, dremel, knife?

I really need to win the lottery so I can pay you to build me a suit.

Hahaha i told the wife if we won the lotto that we would get a nice farm house with lots of land and all the dogs she wanted. But for me the barn fully redone with cnc equipment. 3d metal printers and fully stocked tech, all the tools an obsessed fan could need. Then work on putting a team together. Ah to dream...GM

Hahaha i told the wife if we won the lotto that we would get a nice farm house with lots of land and all the dogs she wanted. But for me the barn fully redone with cnc equipment. 3d metal printers and fully stocked tech, all the tools an obsessed fan could need. Then work on putting a team together. Ah to dream...GM

Count me in... if the pay is good i am happily to move to the states and join your team.

Count me in... if the pay is good i am happily to move to the states and join your team.

I'll bring the beer!!!

So. I wore the suit yesterday for carneval. Amazing responses. Took al lot of pictures with people.
here are some of them: (these are mostly with family members and my gf)
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
With mom!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 556
The lenses are made of milky white plexiglass. The LED are strips from a LED-pen and powered with 2 3V coin cell battery(idea from sandbagger) . They power up by a magnetic switch wenn the faceplate closes.

Can you tell me how did the eyes and lights for the helmet? Was it Sintra or some other plastic?

A few questions, if I may:
- white or black Sintra?
- did you heat-form any of the pieces or just bend them and hold them while the glue sets?
- what did you do about the back with regards to any resin running (Sintra having no edges, unlike paper pep)
- what did you make the brace from?

Last edited:
Cyke, tnx for your comments. Here some feedback to your PM so that everyone can read it:

- what did you use to glue it all together? Is it a strong hold?
I Just used very cheap liquid super glue (second glue). Glues very fast and really strond. The material will break before the glue connection does.
Obviously the resin-fiberglass backing is what holds it all together... but do you think something different like urethane plastic (SmoothOn 300/320 might work as an alternate? Less caustic and toxic but a little pricier)
Whatever works for you. But it has to be done. I have no experience with smooth on.
Only fibreglass the inside. Dont resin the outside, when theres no need for it.
- what do you do about edges (I worry about fiberglass resin run-off)
Dont know what edges you mean but theres no resin on the outside. only bondo. De grooves are made after the bondo stage using a dremel.
- do you heat form the bend into the pieces, or physically bend and hold the curves into place?
No need for that. i just made fine cut lines on the outside and blund lines on the inside. I only used the heatgun for the shin/ankle.
- what about the smaller pieces (like the fingers)... still sintra? How do you reconcile the tiny edges of the fingertips?
The hands/gloves come from a mold.
- does the paint adhere well to the sintra, or does it flake off?
no problem. even without bondo you could sand it, clean it, plastic primer, spray filler, sand it with P1000, primer, paint! Havent had any flaking what so ever!

A few questions, if I may:
- white or black Sintra?
- did you heat-form any of the pieces or just bend them and hold them while the glue sets?
- what did you do about the back with regards to any resin running (Sintra having no edges, unlike paper pep)
- what did you make the brace from?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back