New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

Excellent... me, no not so much!!?? Ha! Ha!
I could do it after a few trail runs I would have it but if he can do it.. I would rather let someone else do it!
I know the barrel needs to be 4.5 inches long and beveled at the end...but I think in the kit, it is connected to the pistol frame so it will have to be sawed off to be replaced...not too big a deal for me as I make guitars so I have a decent little shop...but if one doesn't have the proper tools a hand saw can be sketchy!!!!

Contacted Hollywood Collectibles (LA) this am and they indicated they are just now aware of butt plate offset painting issue.

They indicated they will address the issue as well, they are just awaiting the logistics of the replacement part.

I was wondering about that myself.

I think we're talking about two different Daves. I got Dave G's barrel for the last Tomenosuke kit run and it was great. I highly recommend it as an upgrade. Kpax is talking about Dmachinist Dave who made the amazing run of parts for the DL-44. They both do excellent work and whoever makes it, you'll be happy you bought it. The plastic frame of the gun has a tough steel bar cast into it and the barrel that's hard to cut through, but it's doable.

...thanks VFX. That's right. Two different Dave's.
Has there been any word or interest in doing a run from DaveG?
I am pretty sure he would not be able to just make more from his last run since the new retailer pro switched to inch from metric.
Not sure if the attachment is the same either.

Is is the Bulldog frame and barrel molded together? Or does the barrel unscrew? Anyone know.

On the last one the steel bar went through both the frame and the barrel. I used a motorized bandsaw to cut it of and cleaned it up on a mill.

...thanks VFX. That's right. Two different Dave's.
Has there been any word or interest in doing a run from DaveG?
I am pretty sure he would not be able to just make more from his last run since the new retailer pro switched to inch from metric.
Not sure if the attachment is the same either.

Is is the Bulldog frame and barrel molded together? Or does the barrel unscrew? Anyone know.

The barrel does not unscrew and needs to be cur off.

Thanks Hiro...
maybe there will be a simple- r way to attach new barrel.
Have not heard when the kits are shipping yet, but when I get it I will consult with DEC Dave.

Thanks Hiro...
maybe there will be a simple- r way to attach new barrel.
Have not heard when the kits are shipping yet, but when I get it I will consult with DEC Dave.

Let me know if I can help facilitate anything if you or Dave at DEC need anything parts wise.

Got my Tomenosuke on Friday from Cinemaquette, UPS kindly charged an extra $200 CAD for import fees in to Canada, Ouch and thanks. I wonder if anyone else had the gun shipped to Canada?

Do I like the gun - oh yeah:
Blaster photo.JPG
Is it worth the money, probably not.
Will I tell the wife, are you kidding?

It now takes pride of place on the wall of fame:
Blaster Wall photo.JPG

Thanks Hiro. Will let u know.

Nice collection Rbby. Sorry about the import fees. Gotta love the Gov.

Last edited:
Cost me $194.16 to ship a blaster to Sweden... that was just the shipping!!! He is paying import fees on top of that!!! Shipping and import fees see truly a rip off!!

I've shipped expensive sneakers all over the world. If you mark it as a "gift" with a low value they won't get socked with customs fees. However, if you buy from a company they will likely not do this for you. In Germany they are very hardcore and will actually open up the box to see what is inside and look for a receipt that tells them what the value is.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back