What the hell Happened???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arts hands were tied up and actually put up with all this sh@@ for the sake of hobby and others I am guessing
In more than one occasion I have stood up and told them all where to go and jumped in at the bullies that think they own this hobby.
Hoping that the rest of you would feel backed up.
I know first hand how It worked.
There was no need to leave like that and can't possibly understand why some of you feel the hobby is lost ???
Posting stuff and saying look at what I have done , but you i can't tell you anything other than yours is wrong or if I tell you , you can't talk to this guy or that guy is an absolute croc of **** and anyone accepting those terms should also walk now.
Do you have any idea how many talented people are here on the rpf and just because of one idiot or two they won't come out and post?
It's a lot harder to replicate than to make for the first time so In fact although the ilm did these great models , we/all of us are doing extra difficult work by copying them.
Cheer up everyone as its cleaned up a lot of unwanted garbage, now it's up to the rest to make this a better place.
Clean slate so let's see how the rest of you handle it .
Mars

And maxhebus nobody gets banned for Wrong reasons!!
That would wouod have been in extreme terms where it could be disputed.

Who deletes all their pictures and threads and stomps feet like a child and then the mods ban him???
Don't think so, it was premeditated
Everyone knows exactly what they do.

I figured I have ZERO to lose by talking about this in the open. They already haaaaate me. In fact, a couple of the banned members are going "bananas" on Facebook, spreading all sorts of strange stream of consciousness rants about how awful I am. Otherwise known as "Tuesday" :lol.

But man, I don't feel like I am taking any reins. I am just posting here again, hoping others do too.
Jason, can you sleep at night??
Obviously they cannot, i personally never heard you say anything bad publicly or out of forum, you have defended you unecessary but never attacked.
I did speak to guy via email, he stated he did this because of his daughter amd I have no reason not to believe him in his reply.
However attacking or defacing people I talk to kinda puts me in a dilema to choose what's right
I will always say what I think it's right and if he is slandering all of us or you , then he is on his own!

I have never, and WILL never, ask someone to pick sides. And though I have in the past attacked back, and even more uselessly tried to defend myself (lol), I now just ignore the haters.

I sleep well, with at least one cat making my legs too hot in the Summer! Little jerks.

I painted models for a few hours today. I had a great day!

Yeah, and here's the thing about Studio Scale - it's a whole subsection based on SLAVISH devotion to what is essentially art forgery with their incredible talents... for some.

For others, it's getting as close as you can with your skill set, and learning, and being given encouragement, and improving.

That is a BROAD spectrum of people. If the "entry fee" is set to "perfect replica", no one wants to come to the party.

Want to see my first studio scale model from over fifteen years ago? It would get SAVAGED if it was posted now. I cringe when I look at it.

View attachment 659636

And ten years ago I made a Y-Wing not specific to anything, and added "cool looking" greeblies in places I thought looked "cool":

View attachment 659637

But you know what? Lorne Peterson once talked about "this fella in Norway that made an AMAZING Princess' ship...." - he was so happy and amazed at Lasse's Blockade Runner, and it's not studio scale accurate at all. But the guy that was ILM for over 30 years and was the head model maker was totally into it.

We spend so much time fretting over making these models perfect and accurate (which is a nice goal, don't get me wrong at all), but ask any ILMer that BUILT the originals, and they think we are nuts.

Of course he did he didn't care about if it was SS accurate, he had a connection to the
model building in Lasse's build because he is a model builder as well.

I guess I'll chime in here. I initially came here because of some Enterprise threads and thought I could pick up ideas and sources. It didn't take very long At ALL before a thread became hostile and accusatory. Well that really soured me on this entire board. As a result there are only a couple threads I will even look at, primarily the one with all the Smithsonian references since they are helpful in my project. The only reason I even looked at This thread was because of the title. It never occurred this was the subject matter. But because of That, and my early experience, I decided to go ahead and give my two cents. Other than that I, for one, will never ever post any progress on Any of my work.

Sci/fi modeling in general is small sorry tiny, compared to Armor, planes,
trains, figures, cars, helicopters, motorcycles......SS is even more minute
and scratch well just the same. You might think it's huge because
you come here everyday and you surround yourself with it. If it was
so big everything I mentioned above there wouldn't be any need for a Jersey fest lets face it.
So to loose members here is not a good thing, and replacing them won't happen
quickly because it is small, and scratch building models is hard, so very few people
do it. In a small SS forum like this it will be a big loss lets see if the big awakening
happens, lets see if all the passionate replacements step up?

Time will tell.

But there's no room for bullies and hostility here.

I think gjjackson's post PERFECTLY illustrates why those guys were toxic.

Art is art. Everyone has their own and they are all fantastic. Every piece made on this sight is unique and one of a kind no matter if it is scratch built, cast, a kit or even not entirely accurate. The point is that it's interesting just to see what the individual does with the piece and that's what makes it what it should always be....FUN!

Agreed. There was a point years back where this forum was inspirational. Now it only seems that if/when I log on, a new thread will only last a handful of posts before someone starts on with the negativity. Really sad when a few can (and do) bring down the many.

This current situation is very unfortunate and I see a number of you looking to the staff for answers or pointing to the staff as being the cause of this. The reality is, as we have seen before, there is a small cabal of members (sadly, some who were VERY long-time RPFers and VERY talented) who decided they no longer wanted to be a part of the community, largely because they were unhappy that we have not handled Steve Neisen as they would like. Instead of simply leaving quietly, with dignity, they decided to make an orchestrated effort to disrupt the community and act in an immature manner until they forced our hand. We have a very low tolerance for this type of childish behavior and regretfully gave them what they wanted. I am sure there is plenty of intrigue and an endless amount of supposition and unfounded accusations, but at the end of the day, those members no longer wanted to be here so we gave them the exit they wanted. While it is certainly a blow to the modelling community that has been established here, the sun did not rise or set with those individuals. There are still plenty of talented people here and many more out there in the wild who we hope will some day find us. Keep sharing and keep building. Although we have taken a loss, the community lives on.

Nobody handles Steve correctly if you did he would have banned years ago...
and you would have killed off a good amount of the cancer and greed that
has happened here. The guy has a dedicated sticky......that's not a good thing.
What does the sticky do exactly make people feel better while they hold their
breath? There must be a lot of purple around here......LOL I don't care i know
the deal what goes on here and behind the scenes, I know people royal screwed
who worked hard for this clown. People get fed up and yea that's why they ask to
leave, and then you justify it and say they wanted to leave. No they wanted what
was owed to them for what they worked hard for on their end, what they lived up to
and produced in good faith. The new members don't get it and that's fine they can be lulled
with all the smooth talk and cover up, you have a member here with a dedicated sticky
that spans how many pages? And you have a member here who's dealings with others
relates back to your site because it's a small community. So it's going to be your sites loss
in the SS forum that you loose these or any other members, look at some of the posts here
people know the deal about loosing them. Want to make it better take that sticky down and
put it in the back lot somewhere it's a mockery to what this forum should be, and only proof
of what it has become.

And i am never asking to be banned from the RPF so if I get banned for what i said
here in post #52 or if you take it down, it's only because you don't like to hear the truth,
or my opinion makes you or others uncomfortable. You should consider taking that filthy
sticky down and placing it somewhere else on the site, we shouldn't have to live under
that ugly shadow......if you care?

It's called Hyper Text Enhanced Testicular Fortitude or "Web Balls". You are right, decency goes out the door and I have been both on the receiving end and dished it out in my younger days (not here). As I grew older, and got into a career that I spend most of my time negotiating and yes, fighting, I learned that I will never say anything online I wouldn't say to someones face. That, and well, building these things is my pressure relief valve, the last thing I want is to come here to drool over plastic (both new and the 40 year old vintage), and get slammed or watch someone else get slammed. I've only been on for 4-5 years and spent time on the sidelines because of the animosity. Not knowing the sit rep, I didn't know who the "bad guys" and "good guys" were, so I just admired the work, and didn't ask questions!

Glad this is going in a different direction!

Yea - well said.

What the heck happened? I really appreciate all you Studio guys and love your work.

It's surprising how much intolerance is on this site. I've never really seen it to any great degree myself, but after everyone's comments, it appears that things happen behind the scenes. I've never had much use for those social media sites, as apparently not much good comes from them. Many careers have been ended by them due to stupid comments.
I appreciate the site admin explaining the issue to us. Some of us are just here to create, learn, teach, collect and share ideas and passions. Isn't that what this community is about? Let's all just get along.

TazMan2000

You have said your piece and made your opinions known. Stop poking the bear.

And i am never asking to be banned from the RPF so if I get banned for what i said
here in post #52 or if you take it down, it's only because you don't like to hear the truth,
or my opinion makes you or others uncomfortable. You should consider taking that filthy
sticky down and placing it somewhere else on the site, we shouldn't have to live under
that ugly shadow......if you care?

You have said your piece and made your opinions known. Stop poking the bear.

Hey Art guess what I didn't start this thread i just commented in it, and yes I made my
opinion known. Although I don't hold Steve in high regard obviously........I don't think
mentioning his name was very professional or smart, because just that name Neisen
pokes a lot of peoples inner bears. So you poked my bear and i poked yours back.....
seems like we are squared up if you ask me........I don't have another comment in this
thread. Just that i would hope you find a way to remove that sticky, and alert anyone
following or anyone who needs to follow it where it has been moved to. It's your site
do as you please....

I've followed most of these threads over the years. I love the studio scale stuff but don't post very much of the subject,but trust me I've seen and read it all.There is one person to blame for so much problems here. Yes others could have handled it better but from what I've seen its been a long,long buildup to the explosion. While this person may appear "better" at the moment I don't believe a leopard changes his spots.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back