Full Scale Falcons..Pics???

The full sized Falcon had been covered in the Elstree backlot until ROTJ. They pulled out half of it for the sandstorm scene and then it was dismantled and strewn about. Folks would go in and take pieces off of it. Weather did the rest as it was mainly wood.

I have some of those backlot pics too. That site disappeared? it was a good article on it's build and subsequent fate. Shame.

Damn that is horrible, but on a lighter note I can't wait to see a full scale falcon..be an awesome way to make some koney as well to recoup the costs.

Great thread! I used to have a Kestrel, which is a small falcon.
My favorite has to be the Peregrine though.
They are about the same size/scale as a crow.
PeregrineFalconKK.jpg

I haven't read thrtough the thread yet, but I see you have had several replies already. I'll go back and look now to see if there are any new hawking and falconry sites listed.

Also, I'd be willing to bet Chuck could help you out:

You probably weren't expecting this local taxidermy commercial to be awesome - The Feed - CBS News

Ahhh. Okay, I get it.
Wasn't Chris Lee making one full scale out in NC or somewhere he had some land?

I think having it as a house would be really cool, except it isn't that practical.

Yes, it would become a tourist stop and you would want to prepare for that as well, probably by not living in it!
I would also agree that the hangar or building put up around it should be dressed as the Deathstar for the reasons listed: haviong 501st be able to pose around it, droids driving by, battles in the hangar, etc.
In all of your calculations for the size and such, have you tried to create a list of materials?
Seems like creating blueprints that you could build from would be the first place to start and have a structural engineer help determine where you'd need support and such.

Okay, I just scrolled up to see where you were and landed on the post where you have found Chris's build. :confused
Wow, sorry for wasting your time!

:$
Maybe you can contribute to his build? :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back