237 Unpublished Star Wars and Indiana Jones Movie Prop Photos

Wow, I immediately freaked out thinking there was an ESB Luke saber without screws and a covered end. Thanks for clearing that one up!

And Dan may be onto something. Not only is that a brass tri-ting, uncovered windvane, but the nipple looks HUGE! It is most definitely from ROTJ filming, as the grip rings tend to match the hero..

- - - Updated - - -

Chris thinks this new saber is actually an icons prototype that they left there. This one here
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PofspveLFO8/UXa6AdDWVDI/AAAAAAAABac/q3VNwWWcdq4/s1600/ROTJ+1.JPG

I think it's a possibility. Impossible to tell without better pics

Yep, I'll vote for that being the case.

I have a question. If the Vader "ROTJ" used to be an ESB stunt for Mark Hamil, why does the back half look so much unlike the back half of a graflex? The holes are drilled and everything, but it looks like a piece of junk! (Somehow attached to the front half behind that black cut band serving as a "clamp"

What about this pic? The only words I can make out are "Rochester" and "Made By".

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-079-RSJ.jpg

I found this pic also
ROTJ%2B2.JPG

And the sticker marking is as an icons prototype is in the exact same place. So unless I see a better reference, I don't think I'll be replicating this one

It looks to me that it has the Pat.NO2310165 number and the Made by Folmer Graflex Corp. written when compared to mine ... rats and I chose that particular bottom for my ANH ... oh well ...

Chaim

On a side note, has anyone made Kobold clips? I hear that flash is near impossible to find nowadays, and an ESB is on my horizon...

You can buy from Blast-tech... I don't know how accurate.. but only 15 bucks.

The Blast-Tech one isn't quite wide enough. He made them from standard width stock instead of machining larger stock to the right size.
His are also painted silver.
Parks replica Kobold piece is far more accurate.

YES!

That is correct... now that you mentioned parks, I took a look through my past e-mail, and that is indeed where I got mine... not blastech.

The Blast-Tech one isn't quite wide enough. He made them from standard width stock instead of machining larger stock to the right size.
His are also painted silver.
Parks replica Kobold piece is far more accurate.

I always love seeing new SW photos, you never know what hidden gems you find that help make a prop more accurate or solve a mystery.

After my initial feeling of 'neat !' these photos are really nothing new. Since these photos are post ROTJ, and good long while after ROTJ, many of these props have been photographed and available in many book and media, tours, and museum displays.

I realized these are 'new' and 'different' photos of the same old props.

What I would give to visit the LFL photo archives and go through on-set and production pictures. Talk about a nerd fantasy.

One day.

Anyone know what kind of collection they keep at Skywalker Ranch?
Don't know where the stuff is kept, but I've interviewed Jon Rinzler (the guy who writes the Making of books) a few times and asked him how many pictures there were from each production. Basic answer: LOTS! Undoubtedly thousands that no one has seen.

I know Lucas is insane for making the prequels, but the fact that he kept all this stuff suggests maybe deep down inside him there is good left

They should put Tom Spina and some other talented RPFers on the payroll and refurbish the items in the archives. Then construct a Skywalker Ranch museum... :D

Lucas Cultural Arts Museum

"The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be a center highlighting populist art from some of the great illustrators of the last 150 years through today's digital art used to create animated and live-action movies, visual effects, props and sketches. They're all united by their ability to capture our shared cultural story-from Rockwell's pencil sketches to computer generated moving images." - George Lucas

Chaim

Email Parksabers from their website if you need kobold clips. They did a run of replica flashes a long time ago.

Yess, thank you!

Also, I have two unrelated questions. Which promotional Vader junk prop is this?LFA_SharedStunt_VaderStunt1.jpg

and, Seeing as we have the cut-off base of a stunt blade on the "ROTJ" Vader saber, and a clear picture of the emitter of the Shared Stunt (V2 sibling) and the Barbican why don't we know more about stunt blades from ESB/Jedi ? (Temp. Brain fart)

It would seem that is the "Barbican saber"... I know next to nothing of this... but it seems to have the same breeding as the ROTJ Vader saber... a traveling saber with probably no actual film use... so of course I want one.

I would love it if someone just posted massive info about this one.

Yess, thank you!

Also, I have two unrelated questions. Which promotional Vader junk prop is this?View attachment 281091

and, Seeing as we have the cut-off base of a stunt blade on the "ROTJ" Vader saber, and a clear picture of the emitter of the Shared Stunt (V2 sibling) and the Barbican why don't we know more about stunt blades from ESB/Jedi ? (Temp. Brain fart)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back