237 Unpublished Star Wars and Indiana Jones Movie Prop Photos

Amazing pictures, great reference

typically I've just built at least 4 of these props (ROTJ DL-44, Jabba Blaster, biker scout blaster & shared stunt saber) without much reference

& now this motherload of detailed pictures turns up:lol

Brilliant though

Wow some really great pics of the ESB saber. Does anyone know what the screw in the clamp lever is for? Maybe they screwed the lever in place to hold it closed? Can anyone tell once and for all if its a Folmer or Graflex Inc?

Wow some really great pics of the ESB saber. Does anyone know what the screw in the clamp lever is for? Maybe they screwed the lever in place to hold it closed? Can anyone tell once and for all if its a Folmer or Graflex Inc?

Based on previous discussion (and I may be getting this wrong), that is the Skywalker Ranch Saber (on display there). The thought is that it was used in ESB but there was a lot of things done to it after filming to fix it up including the screws in the grips, lever, and tape around the clamp). I am just a casual reader on the subject so take anything I say with a grain of salt... unless you have a high blood pressure. In that case, take whatever I say with a grain of a salt substitute.

What are the sources of these pictures? Were they done by LFL employees getting ready for exhibits or by License holders (Icons, MR, Efx, etc...) doing product research?

Last edited:
Based on previous discussion (and I may be getting this wrong), that is the Skywalker Ranch Saber (on display there). The thought is that it was used in ESB but there was a lot of things done to it after filming to fix it up including the screws in the grips, lever, and tape around the clamp).

Most if not all of those details were present for filming. Several of the ESB sabers have extra screws in the grips.
The screw in the lever is holding it on (notice it doesn't line up with the regular mounting post).

IIRC these are Icons research photos.

The Rebel blaster is the RotJ version which doesn't seem to appear on screen anywhere. The MR replica is based on the original ANH version.

That saber was used for post ROTJ promotion and costume appearance.

It has never been identified in a single frame of film, or seen in any on-set photo.

There are a few photos taken on-set during ROTJ with the same ESB MPP with slight changes handing on Darth Vaders belt.

Due to the availability of the saber in the archives to vendors such as Kenner and Hasbro it's 'become' the ROTJ saber despite never being seen in the movie at all.

It has never been identified in a single frame of film, or seen in any on-set photo.

Due to the availability of the saber in the archives to vendors such as Kenner and Hasbro it's 'become' the ROTJ saber despite never being seen in the movie at all.

Not exactly true. During filming it was a stunt saber with blade - first a Luke saber in ESB and then converted to Vader for ROTJ.
There's another MPP stunt that was used most of the time, but I've seen this converted Graflex one in a couple pics. The blade was cut off when it went on tour for display. Like any stunt saber, it's nearly impossible to spot in a film frame.
The original Hero MPP saber (used in ESB and ROTJ and likely ANH) is now owned by a private collector.

It will always be Vaders in my heart.:)

It's my favorite... and I'm going to pretend that it's in many shots, and considered by all on set to be the best one.

That saber was used for post ROTJ promotion and costume appearance.

There are a few photos taken on-set during ROTJ with the same ESB MPP with slight changes handing on Darth Vaders belt.

Not exactly true. During filming it was a stunt saber with blade - first a Luke saber in ESB and then converted to Vader for ROTJ.
There's another MPP stunt that was used most of the time, but I've seen this converted Graflex one in a couple pics. The blade was cut off when it went on tour for display. Like any stunt saber, it's nearly impossible to spot in a film frame.
The original Hero MPP saber (used in ESB and ROTJ and likely ANH) is now owned by a private collector.

I knew originally it was a Luke stunt, I have yet to see any actual photo or screen cap showing it in ROTJ.

I've seen blury screen-caps where it 'could be', but if you've got better ones I'd love to see them. I know there was a practice saber with grips that Peter Diamond is seen using with Bob Anderson, but it does not look like it has a Graflex top or Vader shroud.

Like any stunt saber, it's nearly impossible to spot in a film frame.

Also, not exactly true. I've poured over frame-by-frame of the DVDs and Blu-rays and looked at many screen caps and publicity and on-set photos and usually the Hero and Stunt sabers are very identifiable.

If that Graflex Vader was in ROTJ, it must have been the scene where it was the second shooter in the grassy knoll.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back