Dexter costume

Risu

Master Member
I took this pic last night of my backup Halloween costume for this year. I'm pretty happy with the pic, so I felt like sharing. (And yes, I know that I'm not the right build, but I don't want to sacrifice my ability to pull off my Who costume just for this one. :)

Dexter.jpg

Thanks! I do have a rather low hairline. It actually hinders most of my costumes, but I suppose I shouldn't complain about NOT losing my hair.

I'd say some black boots, black pants, a little white lab coat and some purple gloves.

Oh wait....What now???

700796-dexter_large.gif

Thanks everybody. No, it's an American Apparel thermal, they're super cheap on Amazon, and I'm pretty sure that's what they use in the show. (but not the publicity stills) The gloves are the same design as his, but probably not the same brand, and the pants, shoes, and watch are all close enoughs.

Thanks everybody. No, it's an American Apparel thermal, they're super cheap on Amazon, and I'm pretty sure that's what they use in the show. (but not the publicity stills) The gloves are the same design as his, but probably not the same brand, and the pants, shoes, and watch are all close enoughs.

Oooo... Link please to both?

http://www.amazon.com/American-Appa...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1256613217&sr=8-1

They're sold out of almost all sizes right now, you might be able to come up with one if you run a search through the site, there are a lot of different results for the same product from different sellers. The color should be army.

What other link did you want? The gloves I used are from Rothco because my boss is a dealer for them and I get everything for roughly 1/3 the normal price. Any unlined police duty glove should work, the kind that cuts short of the wrist. These are the right style, but the thumbs might be poorly fitted:

http://www.ondutygear.com/hatch-sg20p.html

I got the pants probably 6 years ago in high school I think from an outlet store called Factory 2-U. Any green cargo pants will work as close enoughs, mine are a bit too brown and baggy. Look for something in an olive drab, and only one cargo pocket (the right leg) if you want to be really SA. If anybody finds those, let me know.

I was the same way until a few months ago. It took a bit of searching to find the shirt, but wasn't anywhere near the hardest search I've had to do. Now if only I could find the blood slide box. They discontinued it just before I placed my order. The worst part is, when I found it I put off buying it because I thought I might have some hard times that never ended up coming.

I'm looking to put one of these outfits together. I hope we come up with an off-the-rack option for the pants. The gloves linked to above look just right.
Do we know what kind of shoes he wears?

I think they're Doc Marten's. Distressed brown with hiking laces and a really wide textured lug sole.

I have no idea where they came up with the season 4 pants, but they're really awesome. They're the really light shade of OD (almost teal) with a side cargo pocket on the left and a large blocked cargo pocket on the front on the right. Might have to buy two pairs of pants and get creative with the old sewing machine.

Do we have a 'close enough' option for the pants - ones that are readily available to buy online or in-store anywhere?

Rothco probably has some good ones, maybe paratrooper pants. I don't have their catalog handy at the moment. The pockets aren't accurate, but with the paratrooper pants you can remove some of the pockets for an accurate early seasons pair of pants.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back