1:1 Wall-E Build - 2014 Halloween Appearance

Re: 1:1 Wall-E Build (Pic Heavy) - Assembled and (mostly) done!

Boy he's cute. Has the perfect compact look, you don't realize how big he is until you notice the bikes in the background! All the weathering and detail you put in certainly paid off.

SCHWEEEEEET!!!!

Cutting and sanding all those little tread bits must have been a real test of your patience. Great job!

Absolutely fantastic! You should be proud of this project. All you need now is his little roach friend.

That is so cool!!! My son would lose his mind if was in the same room with your WALL-E.

Great work!!!

LACrimeGuy

FANTASTIC! All the way around. CONGRATS!
That is beautiful! Great job! Sent From Teletraan 1
!!! WOW!!!
Fantastic job, I wasn't sure how it was all going to look together but man, you really did it!
AMMAJING! great work
Thanks for the kind words. HH, I wasn't sure it was going to come together either -there were more than a couple of times where I was highly motivated to take the whole thing to the curb for trash pickup.

You get RPF Facebook time soon for this one. Nice work!
Wow! Thank you so much for featuring me, I'm very flattered.

Thanks Snow Builder!

The post of your Wall-E on the facebook wall is well deserved! You Wall-E looks amazing and so life-like, you did a great job on this build! :)
Boy he's cute. Has the perfect compact look, you don't realize how big he is until you notice the bikes in the background! All the weathering and detail you put in certainly paid off.
Thanks! Every time I walk past him I can't believe how big he is. The weathering was definitely my favorite part.

SCHWEEEEEET!!!!

Cutting and sanding all those little tread bits must have been a real test of your patience. Great job!
Thanks, I hope never to have to deal with those treads again (I cut and painted extras in case any of them come off or are damaged).

Absolutely fantastic! You should be proud of this project. All you need now is his little roach friend.
That's a great idea! His roach buddy has now been added to the list of imminent projects.

My kids want too know if your selling them? That's how impressive it is.
You know, I've thought about taking commissions ;). I don't think I could make another for awhile without the real possibility of going loopy.

That is so cool!!! My son would lose his mind if was in the same room with your WALL-E.

Great work!!!

LACrimeGuy
Many thanks. So when will you be starting one for your son? ;)

I don't think I mentioned it in previous posts, but Wall-E comes apart for transport and storage. Here's a few shots of him in pieces (also a reminder that, at the end of the day, he's just made out of wood)
10955668715_4ab549d10c_c.jpg

10955668325_6dd1eaeeac_c.jpg

10955667805_33abf5e530_c.jpg

On a different subject, the jukebox for my daughter's elementary school musical is coming along nicely
10930712696_24e798d4be_c.jpg

Re: 1:1 Wall-E Build - Now with more Golden Tee!

Last Halloween Wall-E made his debut giving out candy, but he wasn't complete - he was treadless.

He passed out his candy again this year, but this time fully clothed (he was a hit).

15749366296_7e2b020523_c.jpg

15153111664_07f925e783_c.jpg

Wall-E had a MP3 player and speakers in his body, so he "chatted" with our trick-or-treaters.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back