2014 Toronto Prop Party

3 outfits... are they all assassin's creed related? Altair's costume is still the best. But, I'm curious if anyone would put on a costume, other than the storm trooper guy.

I know he's got a Harry Potter get up. :)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

My 3 outfits are (in order of completion):

- Col. Guile (JCVD from street fighter movie)
- A random Gryffindor from Harry Potter (perhaps Neville)
- Desmond from Assassin's Creed

Ohh, I forgot, I need to get busy making prop pizza....

FOOD/PIZZA

I'm trying to get an idea of how much pizza we want. Everyone cool with pizza? We'll probably do lunch between 11-11:30.
-just cheese
-pepperoni
-vegetarian(or as close as possible)

Last year we had 10 pizzas I think.

Give me some feedback folks. I don't want to order too much or too little.

- - - Updated - - -
EXHIBITOR SPACE

Also, I strongly recommend that everyone re-confirm with Me or John as to how many tables you may need and/or floor space.

LIVE DEMONSTRATIONS

If anyone is interested in doing a live demonstration of any hobby-related subject, please let me now right away.

Last edited:
FOOD/PIZZA

I'm trying to get an idea of how much pizza we want. Everyone cool with pizza? We'll probably do lunch between 11-11:30.
-just cheese
-pepperoni
-vegetarian(or as close as possible)

Last year we had 10 pizzas I think.

Give me some feedback folks. I don't want to order too much or too little.

I suggest food tickets again. Three colours: One for cheese (the vegetarian option), one for pepperoni, and one for drinks. Pizza tickets $2 each, drink tickets $1 each.

Make your cut off time to buy tickets 11am and then order based on the tickets sold. Don't have to worry about too much or too little. :)

Pretty sure Dollarama has different coloured tickets.

If anyone is interested in donating any prizes for the raffle, please let me or John know A.S.A.P.(if you haven't already)

I'm definitely donating a prize or two. Will let John know tonight! Don't think I'll have time for a grail diary though. Life has been kicking my ass lately. :lol

First post updated with a list of the raffle prizes so far, and there's more to come!

Also watch for an update soon on a really cool item thanks to Surreal Studios!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have a thing or two to dig up to donate. As well as working on the handful of projects currently on the go. I'll try and let John know tonight about the prizes.

LIVE DEMONSTRATIONS

If anyone is interested in doing a live demonstration of any hobby-related subject, please let me now right away.

I don't know how many people are sewists, but I didn't see much fabric craft last year. Is anyone interested in me bringing my sewing machine/serger/embroidery machine for a demo?
Or a demo on modifying or combining commercial sewing patterns?

I can't see that being a bad idea, I'm pretty certain there are a few people that sew up costume items and such! Shoot Caveneau (Andrew) a message as he's in charge of the demos and he can find out the details of what you'd like to do.

I don't know how many people are sewists, but I didn't see much fabric craft last year. Is anyone interested in me bringing my sewing machine/serger/embroidery machine for a demo?
Or a demo on modifying or combining commercial sewing patterns?
Absolutely interested, i'm working on a Link costume for my daughter. This would be great, her last costume was Hatsume Miku and i did that by hand.. Ohhh the arthritis lol...GM

Here's a really cool update! This year we're going to be having a silent auction for an amazing piece from @Surreal Studios!

This Iron man MRK III reveal bust will be going to the highest bidder with the profits going to the Toronto Prop Party to help pay for the event! It will be #1 of a limited number of 15 casts. We'll be holding the auction at the prop party but payment won't be collected from the winner till after the CNE where Matt will be showing it off. This is good news for the winner because it'll give them more time to save up the cash for their winning bid. ;) We'll arrange delivery and everything after the CNE in September!

Features:
  • It will be fully custom painted
  • Will include electronics (lit eyes and unibeam)
  • Removable and wearable helmet
  • Shoulder bells
  • Display stand
  • Removable chest plate revealing endo tech of the armor
$1200 value

Progress Pictures
1fix_zps5ecadc1b.jpg

10fix_zps19f487db.jpg

15_zps41e1510d.jpg

Honest honey i don't know what happened to the rent money, it was there earlier lol...GM
But seriously, how does a silent auction work. Because to my understanding you would wright down your bid on a paper or something like that, but how would you know when to re bid. Or do you just go as high as you can from the get go...GM

Last edited:
Honest honey i don't know what happened to the rent money, it was there earlier lol...GM
But seriously, how does a silent auction work. Because to my understanding you would wright down your bid on a paper or something like that, but how would you know when to re bid. Or do you just go as high as you can from the get go...GM

I don't think you re-bid, your paper is your only bid. And highest bidder gets it.

A silent auction is more or less the same as a regular one only silent. ;)

There will be a sheet where you write down your name, bid, and some form of contact info. You can go back at any point and see if someone had beat your bid and bid again if you like.

It'll all be explained at the prop party too for anyone unfamiliar with a silent auction, and Raelene will be right beside it to help out too.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back