Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Project updates 13 Feb 2017 - Greedo and Walrusman blasters

Greedo blaster finally done. I never finished it because I couldn't figure out how to get the barrel spike installed.
greedo8.jpg

So I dismantled the whole thing and discarded some of the internal airsoft mechanism to make room.
greedo9.jpg

greedo11.jpg

All original vintage metal parts.
greedo12.jpg

greedo13.jpg

greedo14.jpg

greedo15.jpg

Walrusman blaster stripped and refinished.
walrus1.jpg

walrus2.jpg

walrus3.jpg

Scope ring is close but not 100%.
walrus4.jpg

Re: Project updates 13 Feb 2017 - Greedo and Walrusman blasters

WELL done! What brand is the scope ring...surely looks better than the one I currently use

Greedo's blaster looks amazing! Much better looking than the real prop I'd say. Walrus Man...very well executed but that design, well... ;)

wonderful work!

How does your barrel attach to your walrusman blaster? I remember that knurled nut is a retaining nut but your barrel looks to not have anything to retain!

Very cool! What did the side rods turn out to be? I know (or think I know...) the cone shaped part is from that turntable.

Rods are also from the turntables - Stylus Brush.

I forgot, the Tomtit parts on this blaster are also vintage. I bought one full airplane kit before a source for new parts was found.

Barrel is press fitted and glued in place. It's only resin after all.

wonderful work!

How does your barrel attach to your walrusman blaster? I remember that knurled nut is a retaining nut but your barrel looks to not have anything to retain!

Re: Project updates 3 July - Vader ANH lightsaber 'V2'.

Hey Marcus,

What are the t-track lengths on the V2 Vader? The same as the ESB/ROTJ hilt? Or are they the same as the V1 ANH but just with the clamp pushed back? And still 7 grips?

@teecrooz was generous enough to send me one of his variant red square variant Exactra circuit boards so now I'm in full blown debate with myself about whether I should do a V1 or V2 build with my recently acquired MPP...

Hey Marcus,

What are the t-track lengths on the V2 Vader? The same as the ESB/ROTJ hilt? Or are they the same as the V1 ANH but just with the clamp pushed back? And still 7 grips?

@teecrooz was generous enough to send me one of his variant red square variant Exactra circuit boards so now I'm in full blown debate with myself about whether I should do a V1 or V2 build with my recently acquired MPP...

The second one

from what I recall they cut the grips in ANH all the same length. The clamp was slid all the way down, eliminating the gap above the grips.

What I can't figure out is why they swapped bubbles into the Black clamp and pushed the clamp back up for the ESB ROTJ MPP. (That's a lot of acronyms :lol)

It's cool to finally see the red "bubbles" installed and in color!

Only thing I see is that in the b&w photo, it looks like the card was cut such that the "bubbles" were oriented of to one side, in this case the lever side of the clamp.

I'm assuming you saw that and just decided to idealize it a bit.

The second one

from what I recall they cut the grips in ANH all the same length. The clamp was slid all the way down, eliminating the gap above the grips.

What I can't figure out is why they swapped bubbles into the Black clamp and pushed the clamp back up for the ESB ROTJ MPP. (That's a lot of acronyms :lol)

Are you sure? Looking at Marcus's picture of the two side by side it looks like the V2 has longer grips; though it could be a perspective thing since the V1 is in the foreground... it would also follow that the V2 potentially became the ESB hero with the longer grips and black side bars. The hole in that theory of course is if there were 7 grips on the V2...

It's cool to finally see the red "bubbles" installed and in color!

Only thing I see is that in the b&w photo, it looks like the card was cut such that the "bubbles" were oriented of to one side, in this case the lever side of the clamp.

I'm assuming you saw that and just decided to idealize it a bit.

that happened to mine. there are little raised metal wires coming from the chips on the top and bottom (left and right in a clamp) and one side is easier to stuff into the clamp than the other.

that happened to mine. there are little raised metal wires coming from the chips on the top and bottom (left and right in a clamp) and one side is easier to stuff into the clamp than the other.
It looks like the side with just two wires per led is showing in the reference pic, but I could be wrong. Which side was easier for you?

I think the triple side was easier to slide in. It only has one tall contact, and two that are closer to the board.

The dual side were both tall, if I remember correctly

Sorry for the delay. I went with standard ANH grip length but didn't think about it.

kurtyboy: What are your plans for the thick trigger guard? I'm debating whether or not to make a hollow part to glue on or just carve a solid piece of (layered) styrene.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plan on leaving it as-is. If it had been a resin cast I might have done that, but since it's a realistic enough looking Airsoft I'm going to leave it.

@kurtyboy: What are your plans for the thick trigger guard? I'm debating whether or not to make a hollow part to glue on or just carve a solid piece of (layered) styrene.

Last edited by a moderator:

OK. I'm still going to make the thick trigger guard for my Ruger & airsoft at some point using some method.

I could've made it a hair thicker, I think, and I didn't really attempt the shape that kinda juts out, if you get what I'm saying.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back