Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

So, going through the issues and I've realized that I've misplaced (or "thrown away") the 4 x magnets and 4 x steel pins from issue #41. These are for the two front port and starboard landing gear bay covers. I've attached the front central landing bay cover but found that I can't do the same for the two on either side. I know that there are 8 x magnets and steel pins in a later issue for the rear two landing gear bays (4 pins and magnets for each bay). Are the 4 pins and magnets necessary for the rear bays? Can I get away with just 2 pins and magnets for each and use the surplus 4 for the two front bay covers?

I'm planning on mainly using the landing gear for this build, but I've heard that since the Falcon is quite heavy, you need the magnets to stop the gear falling out if you have to move or fiddle with the ship. Are the rear landing gears heavy? Can just 2 magnets and pins keep them in instead of the 4?

The magnets are only used for the blanking plates if you are not using the gear. The blanking plates will probably not sit very flush if you are missing some of the magnets.

If if you are using the gear, there are moulded plastic pins on the top plate that push into the holes in the recesses in the landing gear boxes mounted to the hull. They are friction fit.

Hope this helps.

The magnets are only used for the blanking plates if you are not using the gear. The blanking plates will probably not sit very flush if you are missing some of the magnets.

If if you are using the gear, there are moulded plastic pins on the top plate that push into the holes in the recesses in the landing gear boxes mounted to the hull. They are friction fit.

Hope this helps.

Oh, thanks! That's a relief!

Last edited:
Another site with high res pics of the Falcon from the Ottowa(?) exhibit. Scroll down to the bottom that something in German like Der Refrencepictursfuryourmodel. There are three hot links in red

http://www.theguardant.com/deagostini-bau-den-millennium-falcon/

Who did the internal mount? Specifically the ebay overhead projector mount but found a way to do it internally like ILM? Halp. Edit, I found it....
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251641&page=3&p=4197178&viewfull=1#post4197178

It's actually the Ottawa exhibit. Ottawa is the capital of Canada and is located in the province of Ontario. Ottawa is an Indian name for "Place where your tax money is wasted".
:lol

TazMan2000

It's actually the Ottawa exhibit. Ottawa is the capital of Canada and is located in the province of Ontario. Ottawa is an Indian name for "Place where your tax money is wasted".
:lol

TazMan2000

Thank you for the correction. In the spirit of giving, Wisconsin is Indian for, 'Milk the Bison bull, make friend for life'. Another American phrase I dont follow, 'He who posts with Jose Cuervo, wake up to many post likes!' Oil of Ole!

Again, thanks for the civics lesson from Canada's pants. Love Christian and Jose.

So, I have read the first 50-60-pages or so. Them saw how many, gulped, and skipped to the last 10-15. Lots of hope followed by lots of angst. I assume the consensus is that this is still worth doing. 60 million dollar question: If I start a subscription today, will I get the whole kit before they quit making them? Should I go with the 12 month option (north america) just in case this all might poof away?

Thanks in advance.

So, I have read the first 50-60-pages or so. Them saw how many, gulped, and skipped to the last 10-15. Lots of hope followed by lots of angst. I assume the consensus is that this is still worth doing. 60 million dollar question: If I start a subscription today, will I get the whole kit before they quit making them? Should I go with the 12 month option (north america) just in case this all might poof away?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, get the 12 month subscription. Its worth it in gold, Deago is killing it with this kit. I wouldnt worry about them stopping the subscription. There was lots of BooHooing with this kit as it was marketed as the end all, be all perfect Falcon. It has some warts truth be told, but no fatal flaws. The bones of this kit is rock solid. With some solid painting skills, you can get this kit 98%.

So what is the alternative? Download some frame plans, start collecting long out of production model kits, buy a 3d printer etc. Or get this kit and make it your own. The basics are covered, IE dimensions, size basic plating..... A good paint job is 99% of a model.

When I worked at Icons, we killed our selves to make the perfect X wing. Months later, Hasbro/Kenner took our 'Hero' and retooled it slightly to make a toy. Well, guess what....It was really neat and had electronics for $30. Some of us bought one and repainted it, made some basic upgrades and have a great display piece for $30 with a day or two of time.

Point being, the Deago is a solid platform out of the box. Its up to the builder on how much you want to make it accurate, the sky is the limit.

Personally, I get the basic kit with some lighting upgrades. The rest is up to me on how I want to kick it up to the next level.

Thanks in advance.
I second that emotion (or at least what Lear just said above).

I haven't touched a model kit since building a metric ton of the old Star Wars models back in the 80s, but after 2 years, the last shipment of my Falcon subscription just arrived and even though I haven't started building yet, I'm having a great time looking up everybody else's builds on here to figure out exactly what I want to do with my Falcon now that I've got all the parts in hand.

Half the reason I didn't even start thinking about my build until now was because part of me was convinced that the subscription would go kaput partway through for whatever reason (Deago going out of business or losing the license or god knows what else), but, if anything, I'm glad I'm waited because it seems that Deago has improved and sent out replacements for some pretty major parts over the course of the last 2 years, so unless ther 12 month subscription is any more expensive than the 2 year-option, I'd just pull the trigger on that and have fun planning your own build.

Yes, get the 12 month subscription. Its worth it in gold, Deago is killing it with this kit. I wouldnt worry about them stopping the subscription. There was lots of BooHooing with this kit as it was marketed as the end all, be all perfect Falcon. It has some warts truth be told, but no fatal flaws. The bones of this kit is rock solid. With some solid painting skills, you can get this kit 98%.

So what is the alternative? Download some frame plans, start collecting long out of production model kits, buy a 3d printer etc. Or get this kit and make it your own. The basics are covered, IE dimensions, size basic plating..... A good paint job is 99% of a model.

When I worked at Icons, we killed our selves to make the perfect X wing. Months later, Hasbro/Kenner took our 'Hero' and retooled it slightly to make a toy. Well, guess what....It was really neat and had electronics for $30. Some of us bought one and repainted it, made some basic upgrades and have a great display piece for $30 with a day or two of time.

Point being, the Deago is a solid platform out of the box. Its up to the builder on how much you want to make it accurate, the sky is the limit.

Personally, I get the basic kit with some lighting upgrades. The rest is up to me on how I want to kick it up to the next level.

ha! Neat. Which x-Wing was that? Year? I might wanna hunt one down.

Put in POTF X-WING its circa 1996-97. I **** you not...right before I left Icons my buddy Max C. walked in with one of these. It had some of our 'tells' to rat out recasting. But since it was a 'toy' and 'officially licensed', there was nothing we could do.

With almost zero work, besides a repaint, you will have a great display piece. Ive bought a handful over the years and given then away to friends as gifts after repainting.

Hunting one down is easy on Ebay, look for a black/green/yellow box with the words 'New larger scale' in the top right.

Back to the Dago MF.....I have bought 3 different internal mounts to test out. The last and final one is a brateck and it fits out the bottom through the window without any further mods. The plus side is I mounted it upside down so I can paint the bottom first, then remove and re install correctly during final assembly.

So, I've spent several DAYS trying to create an account on the Deagostini website and cannot seem to make it happen.

I am supposed to trust them to build me a custom model over the course of a year or two and not stop before I have the whole thing?

And if so, how do I buy a subscription without an account?

So, I've spent several DAYS trying to create an account on the Deagostini website and cannot seem to make it happen.

I am supposed to trust them to build me a custom model over the course of a year or two and not stop before I have the whole thing?

And if so, how do I buy a subscription without an account?

Easy, call the customer service number. When the person picks up, tell them you want to subscribe and they will take your CC info. IIRC, thats how I did it. And if your afraid they are gonna cancel it....they now have the 12 month pan.

I really don't see it getting cancelled before someone's subscription ends. At first, yes, if the new orders didn't show up like they depended on. Could be like that with the R2 or X-wing kit. There just aren't as many people (almost none?) doing cartwheels on the boards. But there was always crazy enthusiasm for this. But more so, I think they have to have some kind of plan for an end game if it comes to that. Either the orders start to trickle or the license ends--like a date built into the license. It would be very bad and very costly business to stop sending out stuff in the middle. Rather, what will most likely happen is they will stop taking orders for 24 "month" subscriptions. Then, a year or so later stop taking orders for 12 "month" subscriptions. Maybe at that point offer to new customers the chance to buy it outright. But we should see whatever that end date is roughly 2 years from when it happens. Think of the poop storm of just saying we are all done, sorry. Mid-subscription.
Mike Todd

EFX took so long to produce and release this (been advertising it on their site for lIke 5 years) they missed the party.

It really doesn't look very good at all. For that price I would expect something much better. The size is just a few inches smaller than the deAgostini Falcon but so far it looks like just the cockpit and engines will be lit (and the cockpit looks like it has just one bulb to light the whole thing up, no fiber optics or finer details).

:facepalm

It really doesn't look very good at all. For that price I would expect something much better. The size is just a few inches smaller than the deAgostini Falcon but so far it looks like just the cockpit and engines will be lit (and the cockpit looks like it has just one bulb to light the whole thing up, no fiber optics or finer details).

:facepalm
To my best knowledge it is actually much smaller, less then 1/72 scale I believe.
Update: just checked the website, it is 1/100

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

To my best knowledge it is actually much smaller, less then 1/72 scale I believe.
Update: just checked the website, it is 1/100

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Their webpage is kind of confusing. It says 1:100 scale, but the dimensions in inches are: 8.5" height X 16.25" width X 19" length?

I guess that includes the stand then, though the picture shows that the base is supposed to be a circle... :confused

EFX Collectable.jpg

From the EFX Collectibles Website. Not even close to the size of the Revell Mast Series 1/72 MF

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back