T2 3D, not to be confused with T2-3D

The conversion is finished and the Chinese 3D version will be different than the original version
http://www.theterminatorfans.com/terminator-2-3d-will-be-restructured-and-changed-for-china

THIS explains so much:The redesigning of machines for Terminator Genisys was a money saving tactic used by studios so as not to pay the full fees involved in using the original and best Jim Cameron Terminator designs:facepalm :sick

Assembly-Factory.jpg

I wish the cheap b$&£ards just paid the cash to get the original endos in there. The new design sucked big time. And just to save a few $$:rolleyes

Also glad I'm not in China with all that political BS. Lol. :lol

Ben

I wish the cheap b$&£ards just paid the cash to get the original endos in there. The new design sucked big time. And just to save a few $$:rolleyes

Also glad I'm not in China with all that political BS. Lol. :lol

Ben

Well said Ben. I don't reckon I could have said it any better mate :)

So is this only going to be released in 3D or will it be in 2D too? I really hope it will be because I can't watch 3D movies, since I'm blind in one eye :angry

So is this only going to be released in 3D or will it be in 2D too? I really hope it will be because I can't watch 3D movies, since I'm blind in one eye :angry

Short answer: yes.

Sorry to hear about the eye :(

In order to do a proper 3D conversion you need a remastered film, which is automatically 2D. That will definitely get released.
It is unknown if the 3D version will get a home release.
I am personally STILL waiting for the Phantom Menace 3D conversion :unsure

New Trailer release!

Picture quality looks really sharp and bright. Quite the contrast to today's filmmakers who think darker is better, though the increased brightness is probably just accounting for the 3D version inevitably being darker. Other than that, it-

(@0:33) I knew it!

*click*

I KNEW IT! James Cameron took to his digital tools again and digitally corrected some of the shots.

ORIGINAL:
Screen%20Shot%202017-05-04%20at%208.22.01%20PM_zpsonjqjnvt.png

3D RELEASE:
Screen%20Shot%202017-05-04%20at%208.22.48%20PM_zpsrjzckeam.png

Attachments

• Screen%20Shot%202017-05-04%20at%208.22.01%20PM_zpsonjqjnvt.png
    Screen%20Shot%202017-05-04%20at%208.22.01%20PM_zpsonjqjnvt.png
    301.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen%20Shot%202017-05-04%20at%208.22.48%20PM_zpsrjzckeam.png
    Screen%20Shot%202017-05-04%20at%208.22.48%20PM_zpsrjzckeam.png
    327.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
:confused What am I missing? Aside from color-correction, those shots look the same...

Now with a trillion times more detail. Digitally fixed windshields, face replacements of stunt drivers(Peter Kent for example), slightly different color timing.

I am wondering if they have also digitally removed for example the obvious mortar on the under side of the SWAT truck when it crashes on the freeway :unsure

New Trailer release!

Great post :D updating the first post with the trailer :)

At least Cameron isn't on the same level as George Lucas

:confused What am I missing? Aside from color-correction, those shots look the same...

They're not exactly the same shot, they're a few frames a part, the most obvious give away is the small ball thing hanging from the side mirror of the truck and the reflection below/next to it. But aside from that and the color correction I don't see any difference.

The funny thing is, more than 26 years later the cgi still looks a million times better than t3, salvation and genisys.

How many editions/versions/formats of this movie have been released in the last 20-some years?

If it was an old George Lucas SW movie then everyone would be griping that he's re-selling the same thing over and over again. But people are thrilled whenever anyone else like Cameron or Spielberg or Ridley Scott does the same thing.

Okay, I have to ask: the 3D version of the film - is it the theatrical cut or the Special Edition of the film?

And Batguy- there's only been two versions of this story released, the theatrical cut and the Special Editon (basically, the Director's Cut with a fancy name). Cameron hasn't released multiple versions that drastically changed characters and completely removed what gave the film it's heart (at least to say at this time. As we don't know what kind of changes will be made for T2's 3D release. I think back on the Blu-Ray release of Aliens and recall the digital "repair" of hiding the hole that was used during the scene where Bishop was cut in half). That's the difference between Cameron releasing the film in a different format (VHS to Laserdisc to DVD to Blu-Ray) to Lucas' "revisions." (Constantly re-editing the film, replacing practical effects with CG, changing characterizations, etc).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And Batguy- there's only been two versions of this story released, the theatrical cut and the Special Editon (basically, the Director's Cut with a fancy name). Cameron hasn't released multiple versions that drastically changed characters and completely removed what gave the film it's heart (at least to say at this time. As we don't know what kind of changes will be made for T2's 3D release. I think back on the Blu-Ray release of Aliens and recall the digital "repair" of hiding the hole that was used during the scene where Bishop was cut in half). That's the difference between Cameron releasing the film in a different format (VHS to Laserdisc to DVD to Blu-Ray) to Lucas' "revisions." (Constantly re-editing the film, replacing practical effects with CG, changing characterizations, etc).

Cameron has made better creative decisions while screwing with his old films. No doubt.

But I'm talking about the GL's money-grubbing in particular. It's no different. They both have sold "original" and "special edition" versions of their old movies. The both have released the stuff on several formats just to keep up with changing formats in the last 20 years. Nobody says Cameron is whoring out his old stuff just to make a buck. Everybody says GL is doing that.

Okay, I have to ask: the 3D version of the film - is it the theatrical cut or the Special Edition of the film?

The 3D version of the film is the Theatrical Cut. I'm hoping that if T2 gets a new release (3D or otherwise) that the Special Edition received the same amount of restoration care that the Theatrical Cut did. I know Cameron stated in his T2 commentary that he totally stands by the Theatrical Cut, but I myself am in it for the long haul. 4K/3D release of the Special Edition! COME ON!

Cameron has made better creative decisions while screwing with his old films. No doubt.

But I'm talking about the GL's money-grubbing in particular. It's no different. They both have sold "original" and "special edition" versions of their old movies. The both have released the stuff on several formats just to keep up with changing formats in the last 20 years. Nobody says Cameron is whoring out his old stuff just to make a buck. Everybody says GL is doing that.

Nobody is saying that Lucas is whoring out his old stuff. People are complaining that he's not whoring out the original versions of his stuff, the film's that made us fall in love with Star Wars in the first place, and instead forcing his horrible revisions and then making prequels to try to legitimize those revisions. That's the main complaint about Lucas. Giant difference from Cameron: he gives you the original and special editions and let's the audience decide in what they prefer.

The 3D version of the film is the Theatrical Cut. I'm hoping that if T2 gets a new release (3D or otherwise) that the Special Edition received the same amount of restoration care that the Theatrical Cut did. I know Cameron stated in his T2 commentary that he totally stands by the Theatrical Cut, but I myself am in it for the long haul. 4K/3D release of the Special Edition! COME ON!

Thanks, Jayl. Honestly, all of his Special Editions are way better than the theatrical cuts IMHO. I watch the Aliens Special Edition more than I do the theatrical cut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They're not exactly the same shot, they're a few frames a part, the most obvious give away is the small ball thing hanging from the side mirror of the truck and the reflection below/next to it. But aside from that and the color correction I don't see any difference.

Take note filmmakers. When you digitally manipulate a film, the best changes are the ones that go unnoticed to the general audience. But to clarify the changes Rice, I'll be more specific.

The moment the truck hits the ground after blowing through the bridge, both windshields completely fly off their frames. If you look closely at the original picture, you can just make out both windshields not being attached to their frames. Here's a GIF to show you what I mean.

windshield_zpshdxor0sc.gif

Another change you'll notice is that the frames in the original shot are silver compared to the original and subsequent shots. I wouldn't be surprised if these silver frames were installed with the explicit intent to not have the windshields fly off. :p

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back