Anakin Starkiller uni body v2 preparation group thread

I was thinking of posts 185 and 186 in this thread. I think they are talking about how the cubes align with the cone knob hole. Which raises the question of placing the mystery chunk relative to the pomels or the cone knob.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Little update:
Did a little buffing on the emitter and rings, the Culture Quest pictures have them looking a little shiner than the booster and pommel.
Afterwards, I did some paint/acetone weathering (Thanks Trent/Halliwax, both of your guides are Awesome).
IMG_0874.JPG
At first I was worried about the paint being too hard to get off. Those fears went away fairly quickly with the acetone! Haha that stuff works well!
I also added some extra dings in the booster to make them stand out a bit with the paint.
IMG_0877.JPG
When I get home from work in a little bit, I'll see about putting in the machining mark, d-ring and marking the mystery chunk >:D

Last edited:
You could get a little end mill and chuck it in your drill press, as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Terribly sorry if this has been covered, but what is the correct D-ring for the V2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I dreaming, or was there a post or a link with a description of stencil placement in regards to cone knob, D Ring, etc?

I realize that some reference serious be inaccurate since the pommel on the original would rotate, as well as the emitter.

But is there a general agreed consensus of weathering placement?

I'm also noticing that the mystery chunk would actually be on the left side of the cone knob on the uni body version.

ᵀᶦⁿʸ ᵁᵖᵈᵃᵗᵉ:
Attached the D-Ring!
IMG_0881.JPG

DANG. This thing is strong! Haha no bending or warping. I won't be testing it too much, I just couldn't resist walking around with a lightsaber on my belt :D
IMG_0884.JPG

I also tried putting that notch in the emitter plug, and man that thing can take a beating! I couldn't scratch it no matter how hard I tried. I'll have to sit down and really decicate some firepower to it next time >:D

ᵀᶦⁿʸ ᵁᵖᵈᵃᵗᵉ:
Attached the D-Ring!
View attachment 724955

DANG. This thing is strong! Haha no bending or warping. I won't be testing it too much, I just couldn't resist walking around with a lightsaber on my belt :D
View attachment 724956

I also tried putting that notch in the emitter plug, and man that thing can take a beating! I couldn't scratch it no matter how hard I tried. I'll have to sit down and really decicate some firepower to it next time >:D

Looks great! When hitting the emitter "plug/rod" be sure to wear eye protection ;)

This is what's confusing me.

If the whole pommel rotates, including the mystery chunk, then on the uni body hilts, the correct placement of the chunk and machine marks should be where I've drawn the red.

Which would put the mystery chunk on the other side of the cone knob. Meaning the pommel is rotated clockwise to a slightly different position in the second photo.

Anybody follow what I'm saying? Am I wrong? I'm just trying to figure this out.
450da89eda6fe096ebec4ea71caa4609.jpg
f1be4e1397633081fc4249ec767666d6.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Didn't Dan say the unibodies were designed for the throne room chair scene? Don't hold me to any of this but I thought I saw him post this

I do know he did post somewhere saying he designed it for a certain scene... I just don't remember which one

So, does that mean my red marks are correct for placement of those details?

I'm sure the circular machine mark is correct, but the chunk, that is attached to the pommel, so it'd stay in the same location in regard to the cubes?

I see a lot of folks have put their chunk in what appears to be the incorrect location. Shouldn't it be placed on the other side of the cone knob?

Last edited:
Yes, your red marks are correct for those details. I can't speak for everyone, but some of us (me) made a mistake with the placement of their chunk, before knowing the info stated above. In other words, if I could I'd place the chunk in the same exact spot you marked.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back