Suicide Squad (Post-release)

I also had no problem whatsoever with Leto's Joker. Well, maybe the grill, but after I watched the behind-the-scenes stuff where they said that surely at some point in time Batman would've knocked his teeth out I thought "well, that makes sense, I can go with that". Sure, he's no Heath Ledger or Mark Hamill, but who is? Heath's dead and Mark is too old to play the part, so you gotta do something without copying either of those guys, right? I could totally see him being a great Joker to Afleck's Batman. And Harley totally stole the show.

I'm not so much on tattoos, and from seeing the photos I thought it was too much, but honestly while watching the movie, I hardly noticed them.

I would love to see a good Batfleck/Joker/Harley movie.

I know I'm late to the game, but I finally got around to watching this. I had picked up the blu-ray a week or so when it came out, but after Man of Steel and BVS I really had no inclination to be in any hurry to watch this one--but I finally did. I have to say I really enjoyed it. Granted I have only seen the extended cut so I don't know about the theatrical version, but I thoroughly had a good time watching this.

Sure there is a bunch of crap in it that doesn't make sense, but overall a fun flick. Why is Harley even on this team? What special talent does she bring? I can maybe see why Deadshot, Croc and Diablo are there but Harley? She's just bat crap crazy, what does she bring to the table? Eye candy, I guess?

And where are all the people in this city? Yeah, Enchantress turned some into her army, but there's not a single soul in this place. Where did they all go?
Glad you liked it I guess, but its a really bad movie. Its just dumb. How did you feel about dues ex machina fire guy, or harleys ridiculous family dialogue at the end, or enchantresses shimmy every time they showed her, or joel kinnamans awesome generic exposition man, or boomerangs worthless deadpool stuffed unicorn rip off, or the blatant racist black guy killer croc, or oh I dont know, everything about this movie. I can see Harley getting her own movie, I dont know what the hell she would do, because she is just a side character of jokers, but man. I wanted to like that movie but I swear, its like their only purpose is to make Marvel movies that much better.

Worst movie of the year. I'm not sure how a studio can let a train wreck like this out the door and still be in business. I grew up on DC, but after Batfleck and now this mess, I'm out... forever!

/rant

It wasn't a good movie but it wasn't as horridly disappointing as BVS. Plus I didn't pay theater prices to see SS. BVS also lowered the bar a great deal.

It wasn't a good movie but it wasn't as horridly disappointing as BVS. Plus I didn't pay theater prices to see SS. BVS also lowered the bar a great deal.

that's probably only because BvS had higher expectations for a lot of people. without that it'd probably be equally bad.

i guess i could see this mess when rifftrax attacks it.

Worst movie of the year. I'm not sure how a studio can let a train wreck like this out the door and still be in business. I grew up on DC, but after Batfleck and now this mess, I'm out... forever!

/rant

Agreed, yet the domestic box office alone was $745.6 million, meaning that lots of people saw this POS over and over. Mind boggling. For the studios, the box office is everything; they're all patting themselves on the back saying what a great achievement it is. Ditto for BVS ($827.7 million). Unbelievable. The public's taste has gone down the crapper.

Glad you liked it I guess, but its a really bad movie. Its just dumb. How did you feel about dues ex machina fire guy, or harleys ridiculous family dialogue at the end, or enchantresses shimmy every time they showed her, or joel kinnamans awesome generic exposition man, or boomerangs worthless deadpool stuffed unicorn rip off, or the blatant racist black guy killer croc, or oh I dont know, everything about this movie. I can see Harley getting her own movie, I dont know what the hell she would do, because she is just a side character of jokers, but man. I wanted to like that movie but I swear, its like their only purpose is to make Marvel movies that much better.

I did say there was a lot of stuff in it that didn't make sense. At this point in my life I don't really worry about whether a movie is "good" or not, just whether or not I enjoyed it.

I just watched this last night, and it was a chore.
I didn't like anything about this movie, except Margot Robbie as Harley.
Her backstory was a mess, but she played the part very well.
Aside from being a narrative mess, my biggest problem with this movie was that none of the "emotional" moments were earned.
Like when Diablo said "I lost one family, I'm not going to lose another". When did the squad become a family? Did I sleep through that part?
I couldn't bring myself to care about any one of the characters in this movie, so I never felt any stakes in the action scenes.
I didn't care who lived or who died. And I didn't buy the June Moon/Col Flagg romance for an instant.
Everything about this movie felt rushed. Did they even have a script?
This film gets my nomination for worst film of the year. There may be worse, but I haven't seen them.
Even Feigbusters was better than this.

I just watched this last night, and it was a chore.
I didn't like anything about this movie, except Margot Robbie as Harley.
Her backstory was a mess, but she played the part very well.
Aside from being a narrative mess, my biggest problem with this movie was that none of the "emotional" moments were earned.
Like when Diablo said "I lost one family, I'm not going to lose another". When did the squad become a family? Did I sleep through that part?
I couldn't bring myself to care about any one of the characters in this movie, so I never felt any stakes in the action scenes.
I didn't care who lived or who died. And I didn't buy the June Moon/Col Flagg romance for an instant.
Everything about this movie felt rushed. Did they even have a script?
This film gets my nomination for worst film of the year. There may be worse, but I haven't seen them.
Even Feigbusters was better than this.
Couldnt agree more. I didnt see Feigbusters but man. I cant believe this movie made as much as it did. Or how about Enchantresses little dance every time she was on screen? I think David Ayer only had 90 days to write a script or something.

Couldnt agree more. I didnt see Feigbusters but man. I cant believe this movie made as much as it did. Or how about Enchantresses little dance every time she was on screen? I think David Ayer only had 90 days to write a script or something.

I didn't see suicide squad...but while I have no doubt it's hooorible, it can't be as bad as feigbusters. just based on principal alone, that was the worst movie of the last ten years.

The Enchantress dance didn't bug me as much as I thought it would, based on others' criticisms about it.
But, it's Cara Delevingne, so she gets an automatic pass for me because Cara Delevingne.
Besides, she wasn't really given much to work with. I suspect she'll make up for it in "Valerian".

As for the script - it came across as either they filmed the first draft with no revisions, or there were so many revisions that the heart of the story was completely lost.
I don't know what happened, but whatever it was I'm baffled as to how that script got green-lit. Somebody should have said something.
It was like a live-action coloring-book.

Two things:

1. I still haven't seen this, but I'd like to when it inevitably hits an instant service to which I subscribe (amazon or netflix, I'm not picky).

2. I think American moviegoers have...vastly different standards from a lot of the people on this board. For most people, going to a movie is just...you know...a thing to do. It's not a big deal. It's not invested with much importance. Storytelling as an artform doesn't really matter to them in any abstract sense. They just wanna go be entertained -- in any number of ways -- for a couple hours. They're not asking for an experience that blows them away. They just want a little escapism in a big dark room, with a great big screen, and surround sound. And some popcorn, too.

So, for them, movies like BvS or Suicide Squad...they may get crap reviews, they may even think "That was kinda lame." But it doesn't matter because they went to watch some superhero-ish villains go beat up other superheroes/villains for a couple hours, and they got that.

Mostly, though, marketing and branding sell movies now.

Let's be real: with the right brand and the right marketing push, a film will make money. You can slap "Transformers" on pretty much any pile of crap with robots and scenes of mass destruction, and you'll make bank, provided Michael Bay's name is also attached to the project, and maybe if you have Peter Cullen voicing one of the robots. The objective quality of the film is utterly irrelevant.

I thought the first Transformers film SUCKED. It's one of the worst films I've seen in the last decade. It was ****ing terrible. And yet, the franchise has managed to put out not merely three subsequent films, but three subsequent films of declining quality and still make bank.

Why?

Simple.

People just don't care. They just want the momentary sugar-high. They don't care about the movie being "good."

I didn't see suicide squad...but while I have no doubt it's hooorible, it can't be as bad as feigbusters. just based on principal alone, that was the worst movie of the last ten years.

I actually thought feigbusters was way better than SS. That's how bad SS is.

I'll just leave this right here:

ss2.jpg

I saw this flick in the theater, then I went back the next night to see it again. I watched it two more times on a downloaded version I was given, AND I bought the Extended Cut Blu-ray disc when it was released. So, I probably don't really need to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the film. And I'll add, that I went to the theaters EXPECTING to completely hate the movie, chiefly based on the opinions I read in this very forum thread. I liked the characters, the story, the cinematography (reminded me a lot of Tony Scott's work), & I even thought the score was good. Were there weak spots & plot holes here & there? Sure. But I don't focus/obsess about them. Hell, Blade Runner, the greatest movie EVER filmed (imo) has weak spots & plot holes. But in the grand scheme, they don't end up mattering so much.

An army of film school graduates would want to burn me at the stake, because I think 'Citizen Kane' is boring. The important distinction being, that I don't say the film is bad, I just don't care for it.

It's gotten to the point where I'll rarely participate in these threads, because I get SO. FRAKKING. TIRED. of hearing people make empirical statements like "THIS MOVIE IS GARBAGE", when the truth is, really, that you just didn't like it. I had this same discussion with Jet Beetle at one point, & we agreed to disagree, that a film was bad simply BECAUSE he said so.

Typically, & precisely, because of the type of behavior exhibited in this thread, Snikt, I won't read a thread that you start, or participate in a thread where you are very active. You aren't content to state that, IN FACT, a movie IS, undeniably, a piece of crap (or whatever). You also feel compelled to repeat that opinion, over & OVER again in subsequent posts, to include replying to every member who DID like something you didn't, with a snarky "good-for-you,now-here's-a-diatribe-about-how-wrong-you-are,along-with-some-thinly-veiled-insults-about-what-an-idiot-you-are-for-being-SO-wrong". Seriously, calm down (or at least dial back the contempt).

ss-cb-knifefight_zpsvd9y8ekl.jpg

Attachments

• ss-cb-knifefight_zpsvd9y8ekl.jpg
    ss-cb-knifefight_zpsvd9y8ekl.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 52
I actually thought feigbusters was way better than SS. That's how bad SS is.

i still say not possible. feigbusters isn't even a movie. it's an excuse to bash men, people with opinions and do trashy troilet humor.

a movie with batman HAS to have some kind of redeemable quality. even if it's terrible bat fleck batman.

I saw this flick in the theater, then I went back the next night to see it again. I watched it two more times on a downloaded version I was given, AND I bought the Extended Cut Blu-ray disc when it was released. So, I probably don't really need to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the film. And I'll add, that I went to the theaters EXPECTING to completely hate the movie, chiefly based on the opinions I read in this very forum thread. I liked the characters, the story, the cinematography (reminded me a lot of Tony Scott's work), & I even thought the score was good. Were there weak spots & plot holes here & there? Sure. But I don't focus/obsess about them. Hell, Blade Runner, the greatest movie EVER filmed (imo) has weak spots & plot holes. But in the grand scheme, they don't end up mattering so much.

An army of film school graduates would want to burn me at the stake, because I think 'Citizen Kane' is boring. The important distinction being, that I don't say the film is bad, I just don't care for it.

It's gotten to the point where I'll rarely participate in these threads, because I get SO. FRAKKING. TIRED. of hearing people make empirical statements like "THIS MOVIE IS GARBAGE", when the truth is, really, that you just didn't like it. I had this same discussion with Jet Beetle at one point, & we agreed to disagree, that a film was bad simply BECAUSE he said so.

Typically, & precisely, because of the type of behavior exhibited in this thread, Snikt, I won't read a thread that you start, or participate in a thread where you are very active. You aren't content to state that, IN FACT, a movie IS, undeniably, a piece of crap (or whatever). You also feel compelled to repeat that opinion, over & OVER again in subsequent posts, to include replying to every member who DID like something you didn't, with a snarky "good-for-you,now-here's-a-diatribe-about-how-wrong-you-are,along-with-some-thinly-veiled-insults-about-what-an-idiot-you-are-for-being-SO-wrong". Seriously, calm down (or at least dial back the contempt).

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/b477yr0y/Misc/ss-cb-knifefight_zpsvd9y8ekl.jpg

Uh oh, I dont have a defender of SS reading my posts, or threads Im active in. Pffft. Gimme a break man, clearly you dont have a good taste in movies so...who cares? Look on line anywhere, this movie is objectively poorly made. But hey, good for you if you like it, great. You think Citizen Kane is boring, congrats. You can go whatever way you want to (opinions cant be wrong blah blah blah) but when something is done wrong, it is bad. If you went into a restaurant, and you ordered a steak, medium rare, and the waiter brought you a burnt, hunk of black char, you wouldnt say "oh this isnt bad because I dont like it" you would say "this is done completely WRONG and it isnt what I asked for". Its the same principle. The writing was bad, the exposition was ridiculous, the characters were unlikable, the effects were sub par, all the components of the movie, were objectively BAD, hence bad movie, and people that know film, said this was a bad movie. Cause newsflash, it is. Are there other bad films that I like? Sure! But this sure as hell isnt one of them. And if you want to stand on your soapbox and single me out, go ahead. Guess what though, I really, really, REALLY dont care. So keep on doing you man. :thumbsup I mean if you feel defensive because everyone hates something you like, for whatever reason, then thats on you. Many people in this thread have shown their disdain for this movie. Go talk to Fawbish on the BvS thread. You guys can like those 2 awful movies together and hold hands skipping through a meadow for all I care.

P.S. And calm down? Really? Dont tell me how to act, and Im on a forum for replica props talking to a bunch of nerds. Like Im going to get riled up from this kind of stuff is. YOU calm down. :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back