Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Post-release)

Re: Star Wars TFA - How much they got paid **SPOILERS**

Pfft that's NOTHING compared to what he got for Indy-4.

Joke around some in Lucasfilm was he wanted 65 Million read the script and his death scene and said I will do it for half! :lol

No matter what you say about 65 million or 35 million.... neither number is NOTHING. I could almost buy my own ship for that.

Re: Star Wars TFA. Warning spoilers and I hate it!!! Haters and Lovers Welcome

I really enjoyed TFA, a few unexplained bits though, but over all it was a great attempt to follow on from the ones I grew up with! and oh I also had the awesome privilege to Double for Poe Dameron, so the whole experience for this film is quite special for me ;) Gotta see it again though as a few of us from the UK Garrison were at the Press Screening and with all the yelping and clapping from a lot of the audience, I may have missed some of it!

LOL! Love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 89

Thank you for this Thread. I am glad I am not alone. I went into this movie with very low expectations. I liked it better than the prequels probably because of the nostalgic ships and characters. What I find interesting is that I loved Jurassic World which was clearly a reboot. But I didn't care for this movie as much.
Your kidding, because of the trailer I knew exactly what was going to happen , including what the "NEW" dinosaur .......and yet again a copy of original

I didn't so much see it as him reverting, but as the last of the light leaving him, meaning there is no chance for redemption.

I wouldn't go that far. He still has family out there and Vader did much worse than he did and was still redeemed. I think he'll be redeemed at some point as well - too much conflict for him to be able to extinguish it for good at that age. If Vader can kill a bunch of little kids and come back, so can Ren.

Man, I was half excited to see this movie. Not jazzed like I was at 17 when Empire came out. I've been working too much to find time to see TFA and after reading all the comments I might just skip it. I hated the prequels. Kept hoping with each one that it would be better than the last and was let down every time. This sounds like more of the same. Think I'll might skip it and wait to watch someones blueray copy and save the cash for the Hateful Eight in 70mm.
Go see it , you'll love it
I saw the original as an 8 year old, I knew going into this I couldn't recapture that experience nearly 40 years later, but I'll tell you that they got it very close, and the actors are very good together.
Great Star Wars story

the fun pirate ......boarding any hateful thread :cool

Well a Jurassic park film where people get chased by dinosaurs is hardly a shock is it?

Sometimes its not about the destination, its about the journey.

I wouldn't go that far. He still has family out there and Vader did much worse than he did and was still redeemed. I think he'll be redeemed at some point as well - too much conflict for him to be able to extinguish it for good at that age. If Vader can kill a bunch of little kids and come back, so can Ren.

You don't think that imagery of the sun was highly symbolic of the dying of the light within Kylo? Honestly, I don't want a redemption story for him. Even JJ said in an interview that this movie was as much about building up a villain as it was about finding a hero:

"Long before we had this title, the idea of The Force Awakens was that this would become the evolution of not just a hero, but a villain. And not a villain who was the finished, ready-made villain, but someone who was in process."

I absolutely DO NOT want a Darth Vader story for Kylo. He is a zealot (like Hux) and absolutely commited. Vader still had light in him... Kylo just let go of all of his. I want a villain with NO light.

A question I have is why is Phasma referred to by a name? It's said that troopers don't even have names and Finn's "name" is given to him by Poe. Did she just get to a high enough rank and picked a name she liked?

My guess is that she was a volunteer, not kidnapped as a child like Finn.

Saw it opening night and I have to say it was an amazing film, and apparently the overwhelming majority of fans and the general public would seem to agree on that assessment. That said, reading some of these remarks I feel like many had to be watching a different movie than I was. If you loved the OT and find fault in this film for things not making sense then I don't know what to tell you. The OT films were awesome, most of us loved them, this forum likely wouldn't exist at all without them, and they each had inconsistencies and flaws that met and in some cases exceeded anything that was in TFA. I could make quite a list of nonsensical stuff from ANH alone, yet we still love it despite these things. There is no prequel ridiculousness going on here in this film, some of you are just analyzing it like it's an historical drama or something. I think some of you could be given a bar of gold and you'd complain that it's too heavy.

Well I did enjoy this one. So far I've already seen it twice. Good movie. I highly recommend it for others, although I cannot even imagine why anyone would read a thread with this title if they hadn't seen it themselves already.

But...your comparison is crap in my opinion.

option A: you've got a quirky new idea. Kind of unusual. No ones ever done it. Most say it'll be crap. Gonna give it a roll anyway. See what happens. Might be some issues.

option B: I've got a virtually unlimited budget while I take the reigns of single most iconic idea ever in my genre. If there are holes, I'm a lazy ^&^*$^$%%$&

See the difference? You can be forgiven some things in the originals because THEY ARE THE ORIGINALS. When taking the reigns of an already mega hit...yes there is more pressure. Did they not read the sign on the door when they came in? Every single person reading this would probably cut off minor but useful apendages for that opportunity. If you are the chosen one and actually get to do it and yet cannot be bothered to plug the holes because "eh...just a movie" then you deserve WAY worse than an internet tongue lashing.

Now, having said that I did like the movie. A lot. But for the obvious clunker moments, someone really does deserve at least a mild beating.

lastly, no we're not analyzing it like a historical drama. We don't do that to historical dramas. We do that to Star Wars movies. We're analyzing it like we would a Star Wars movie....which you really DO know since this isn't your first day.

Well a Jurassic park film where people get chased by dinosaurs is hardly a shock is it?

Sometimes its not about the destination, its about the journey.

Exactly. I'll take Jurassic World over TFA any day. They missed alot opportunites to make this into a great movie. Han and Chewie should have still been with falcon. That whole part of the story was unnecessary and didn't make much sense.

What ever happened with Captain going down with there ship! I knew Han Solo was going to die, but thought maybe it would be him saving the day and dying in the millennium.

Both Star Trek and Star Wars failed to kill off main captain heroes correctly.

The falcon will still be in the films long after all the original actors have been replaced.

You don't think that imagery of the sun was highly symbolic of the dying of the light within Kylo? Honestly, I don't want a redemption story for him. Even JJ said in an interview that this movie was as much about building up a villain as it was about finding a hero:

"Long before we had this title, the idea of The Force Awakens was that this would become the evolution of not just a hero, but a villain. And not a villain who was the finished, ready-made villain, but someone who was in process."

I absolutely DO NOT want a Darth Vader story for Kylo. He is a zealot (like Hux) and absolutely commited. Vader still had light in him... Kylo just let go of all of his. I want a villain with NO light.

I agree with the imagery at that time. I also agree that I don't want a redemption story again either. What i'm saying is that if Vader was not beyond redemption - I don't see how anyone can be beyond redemption in this story.

If they're building the villain as well, well, great - but nothing in TFA really shows growth as a villain in my book. He didn't seem any different to me pre or post han. Still was an emotional, over confident, petulant spoiled brat more or less. Right up until he got his ass handed to him. We never see him after that so....his growth will have to come in 18 months I guess.

I'm with a few of you. I want Kylo to be a total beast now. No good in him at al. Next movie have him and the Knights of Ren just slaughter....
image.gif

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back