New dredd movie lawgiver build

Painting airsofts is considered a breach under the act as you are replicating the image of a gun , doing it for display in your home is still a breach but difficult to enforce , taking it outside puts you at serious risk , if you we're reported to the police , an armed unit would be dispatched to investigate , and if they didn't shoot you , prison is going to be your address for the foreseeable future , Cosiplay in a specified location is ok but is restricted. . The donor gun ( in this case) the Glock should be left as much as possible in it's original form, shells and handles can be shown to be additions , but again it's not advised.

Painting airsofts is considered a breach under the act as you are replicating the image of a gun , doing it for display in your home is still a breach but difficult to enforce , taking it outside puts you at serious risk , if you we're reported to the police , an armed unit would be dispatched to investigate , and if they didn't shoot you , prison is going to be your address for the foreseeable future , Cosiplay in a specified location is ok but is restricted. . The donor gun ( in this case) the Glock should be left as much as possible in it's original form, shells and handles can be shown to be additions , but again it's not advised.

Actually under the guidance of the VCRA act that covers imitation firearms. A replica firearm could actually be used within any area as long as warning and clearance has been given to and by your local council and duty police officer of that area. The fact of how much this pistol has been changed will deem it as a 'Non Replica' and be placed within the category of 'Toy' As long as you are not holding up a bank with this kit then you have no worries.

Its very unclear on the VCRA act when it comes to airsoft, lots of holes in the laws. But the only way you could get in actual trouble by repainting a '2tone weapon' is if you used it to go rob a shop or mug someone with it.

Oh and I am a marshal of a site and have been doing airsoft for longer than i can remember.

I am constantly alarmed by the amount of legal advice that's given out on sites like this. The first thing I want to say is that anyone contemplating owning something that looks anything even remotely like a gun should be extremely cautious about the law, and do their own research. That said:

A replica firearm could actually be used within any area as long as warning and clearance has been given to and by your local council and duty police officer of that area.

Where does it say that? Where is the "category of 'Toy'" defined? Where does it talk about "how much... has been changed?" Or did you make that wording up?

My lay, unqualified reading of the VCRA indicates that imitation firearms are divided into only two groups that affect movie replica enthusiasts, based on whether they're "realistic" or not, with a fairly broad definition of "realistic" that's largely decided by colour. I think that a lot of movie replicas are at risk of being considered "realistic". There is nothing in law which makes it OK for film memorabilia enthusiasts to own them.

Cosiplay in a specified location is ok but is restricted
shells and handles can be shown to be additions

Where does it say that? Where did you get that information? Says who?

There are a very, very few exceptions in the VCRA, including those for filmmakers and airsoft enthusiasts. The airsoft people were very lucky to get their exception through. As far as I know there is no exception which is valid for cosplayers or memorabilia collectors, possibly because that would be an enormous loophole.

I may not like this law, it may be silly, and hard to enforce, and the police may use a lot of discretion in enforcing it, but there is a difference between what the police generally like to do and what they could theoretically do. I am not aware of an instance of a film memorabilia enthusiast facing any sort of sanction for holding possibly-realistic imitation firearms, but it is still, as far as I know, a criminal offence.

The fact that they usually put up with it does not make it OK, and it is irresponsible to give advice.

HF

Wow, do I ever feel badly for you poor guys. It must really suck to live in a virtual police state. There are those imbeciles here in the USA, that would love to do the same here. Fortunately, we have a tough little obstacle called the second amendment to the constitution that gives those cretins fits.:(

Please don't misinterpret me as being in any way pro gun ownership. I'm pro laws that make sense, which things like section 36 of the VCRA and (for instance) the proposed US "assault weapons" ban don't.

At risk of turning this into a political discussion, the second amendment to the US constitution is far too often wheeled out so that pro-gun people don't have to justify their position using, say, facts, or logic.This doesn't really prepare anyone for a useful debate on the subject.

But back to the point, which is that current UK law doesn't seem to me to allow people to own replicas for fun. I don't think it allows individual police officers to give out some sort of verbal hall pass to do things, either. It's absurd, of course, in a world where paint exists. I believe a police officer has already been killed in the US by someone who was bright enough to paint a real glock orange.

HF

Please don't misinterpret me as being in any way pro gun ownership. I'm pro laws that make sense, which things like section 36 of the VCRA and (for instance) the proposed US "assault weapons" ban don't.

At risk of turning this into a political discussion, the second amendment to the US constitution is far too often wheeled out so that pro-gun people don't have to justify their position using, say, facts, or logic.This doesn't really prepare anyone for a useful debate on the subject.

But back to the point, which is that current UK law doesn't seem to me to allow people to own replicas for fun. I don't think it allows individual police officers to give out some sort of verbal hall pass to do things, either. It's absurd, of course, in a world where paint exists. I believe a police officer has already been killed in the US by someone who was bright enough to paint a real glock orange.

HF

Since I didn't see this at the time it was posted, I'll feel free to respond to the comment so obviously targeted at my previous remark.....No citizen of the U.S. has to "wheel out" the second amendment. It was put in place by our wise forefathers who foresaw the possibility of government turning on it's people. After being under the rule of King George and his troops, they had plenty of insight into the fate of weaponless sheep such as Hfuy. Witness also, Adolph Hitler, Sadam Husein and a host of others. No, we don't have to trot out any part of the Bill of Rights or the Constitution. It is prominently there for good reason, although conveniently ignored by you and your compatriot sheep.

Great Work on this build I like the blow back function, fantastic. If working electronic display can be added it would freaking awesome :cool

Hey guys , sorry iv e not been on here for ages , everything dredd related seems to be happening on facebook now .
I have a run on the go at the moment on the brit cit judges group there so if your still interested in a kit the 2nd run interest list is up already in the docs section :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back