WHO ARE YOU Identityprops????!?!?!

I know. I was just tryin to insert a little humor into the situation. No disrespect ment. And honestly I think anyone stealing someone else's art for profit is atrocious. I can't wait to hear about what happens from all the calls authorities are getting about his government id's.

I know. I was just tryin to insert a little humor into the situation. No disrespect ment. And honestly I think anyone stealing someone else's art for profit is atrocious. I can't wait to hear about what happens from all the calls authorities are getting about his government id's.

I know you where just adding levity. No disrespect was taken. :)

Doesn't seem so. But look for yourself, if he stole something from you:Entertainment ID Cards - ID Cards From the Identity Props Store set the view to "all".

HOLY COW!!

This guy is unbelievable, I recognised a ton of designs that were created here on the RPF and Devianart. There were a few that really stood out.

-The show me card from fringe, since the only ones I've ever seen were created by our own Cmdr. Kerner and trebory6.

-The Final Fantasy Cloud Strife ID card. This one made me ROFL. He used a novelty German passport generator (which is FREE) to make this one.

- The Sledge Hammer ID - It's the one created by our own Coz.

I wonder if this guy made any of those props.

Last edited:
HOLY COW!!

This guy is unbelievable, I recognised a ton of designs that were created here on the RPF and Devianart. There were a few that really stood out.

-The show me card from fringe, since the only ones I've ever seen were created by our own Cmdr. Kerner and trebory6.

-The Final Fantasy Cloud Strife ID card. This one made me ROFL. He used a novelty German passport generator (which is FREE) to make this one.

- The Sledge Hammer ID - It's the one created by our own Coz.

I wonder if this guy made any of those props.

I told you so… :unsure

Shhhh! That world domination plan is a secret.:)

Wooops! Sorry… Thank god they don't know our super-secret RPF member handshake-handstand-booty-bumping-shout-n-twist move… ohhh… eehh… did I just say that…?:lol

ok… back to the serious part:
telephoned with Dietrich again, we got this email back, and we are having trouble with understanding the legal mumbo-jumbo language, even though we are very fluent to near-natve speakers in english. Can anyone of you help us? AFAI could see, we can hand over the case to a third party, the ISP can't be hold liable and we don't make a direct profit out of it.

Hello,

Please review our DMCA procedures which follow the OCILLA. Also note, the sworn statements and all other information listed on our DMCA page are not only required but mandatory for any DMCA report. This will allow you to specifically identify the intellectual property that you own and is being infringed upon, which is required by law.

There are many verified third party DMCA/COPYRIGHT agencies who act on behalf of the intellectual property holders who can verify and submit these claims on behalf of the intellectual property owners. This will insure that legally, the intellectual property owner and the ISP is protected in the event of an account termination.

SoftLayer DMCA information SoftLayer® Technologies - Copyright Infringment - DMCA

Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia see section 2 - 2.1 take-down example

U.S. Copyright Office - Copyright Law: Chapter 5 see section 512 - 3 Elements of notification

------------------
Regards,
SoftLayer Security
abuse@softlayer.com
214.442.0605 direct
866.398.7638 toll-free
214.442.0601 fax

SoftLayer Technologies, Inc.
4849 Alpha Road
Dallas, TX 75244
SoftLayer® Technologies - Infrastructure as a Service including Dedicated, Virtualized, and Cloud Hosting

========= Original Message =========
MIME element (text/plain)
Dear Sir and Madame,
I have to report the website identityprops.com, because the registerer is using graphics, that is mine. Here's my page CSI Gil Grissom ID season 4-5 by ~Pencilshade on deviantART

and that is what he's offering:
CSI Gil Grissom ID Card From the Identity Props Store

A friend of mine has also been a victim and will write you an email soon.
What weights more is, that heis copying a governement ID, Armed Forces US Army ID Card From the Identity Props Store, a complaint has been filed to the FBI and NCIS. You can read more here: http://www.therpf.com/f9/who-you-identityprops-111157/

I plead you to immediately shut down his website and relate everythin further to the authorities.

Thank you very much,

Yen-Chih

I am NOT a legal expert, but I think I can comprehend (and thus elaborate on) some of it:

Hello,

Please review our DMCA procedures which follow the OCILLA. Also note, the sworn statements and all other information listed on our DMCA page are not only required but mandatory for any DMCA report. This will allow you to specifically identify the intellectual property that you own and is being infringed upon, which is required by law.

Right, DMCA and OCILLA are the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act, the former (to greatly abridge) controlls access to and the copyright infringement of digital media (such as the DRM [Digital Rights Management] on a music CD or DVD). The latter (again, greatly abridged) covers protecting Online Survice Providers from their own acts of copyright infringement (I would interpret this as covering acts committed by people hosted by said company, but I would recommend getting a trained/professional legal expert on that rather than taking what I say as gospel).

They say that their declarations of adherance to the DMCA is required as proof that they're adhering to the DMCA, so that you should be able to correctly identify what content of yours has been used without your permission.

There are many verified third party DMCA/COPYRIGHT agencies who act on behalf of the intellectual property holders who can verify and submit these claims on behalf of the intellectual property owners. This will insure that legally, the intellectual property owner and the ISP is protected in the event of an account termination.

There are companies out there who have been employed to act on the behalf of copyright holders (film studios, record labels, patent holders) who chase things up when a holder thinks his content has been used without his permission.

(This works fine for a big corporation who can afford such a company, but not so well for a guy who produces these for no profit out of a garage-based workshop, or studio.)

The final paragraph says that this is the best method for resolving a copyright theft issue, as these companies are versed in everything they need to know for when the make the claim, at least, that's how I've interpretted it.

A few years back I had my own unfortunate journey into this world where a DVD cover I'd designed for free use ended up in a eBay auction, thankfully I was able to get a quick resolution through contacting the auction site... sadly your case is far more complicated, and verging on issues of national security.

Last edited:
Holy.....

I've just found several of MY cards there, as well! :angry

Here's my deviant art site:
Carthoris on deviantART

And, here's a rundown of the stolen cards:

Captain Scarlet Spectrum ID Card prop From the Identity Props Store
Captain Scarlet Spectrum Identity Card From the Identity Props Store
Dethklok Member ID Card Minion Identity From the Identity Props Store
Dr Who TARDIS Operators License From the Identity Props Store
Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense ID card From the Identity Props Store
Buy Twilight Movie Props Faber College From the Identity Props Store
Canadian Torchwood id card personalized From the Identity Props Store
Dr Who Gallifrey Passport ID From the Identity Props Store
ICIS ID Card Imperial Criminal Interrogation Service Badge From the Identity Props Store
Klok-A-Teer Dethklok id card From the Identity Props Store
SFCIS ID Card Starfleet Criminal Investigative Service Special Agent From the Identity Props Store
Star Trek Medical ID Card USS Entrepise From the Identity Props Store
Star Trek Science Division ID card USS Entreprise From the Identity Props Store
Star Trek Support Services ID Cards From the Identity Props Store
Star Trek USS Entreprise Command ID Card From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Access ID Card London From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Access Pass From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Bloodcards London Institute ID Badge From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Cosplay ID Card Costume From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood ID Badge Cardiff Institute From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood ID Card Red From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Insitute ID Card Cardiff From the Identity Props Store
Twilight ID Card Faber College Student IDs From the Identity Props Store
Umbrella Corporation ID Cards Badge in Resident Evil From the Identity Props Store
UNIT ID card United Nations Intelligence Task Force From the Identity Props Store
United Nations Intelligence Task Force ID card UNIT From the Identity Props Store
USS Entreprise Security Guard ID Card From the Identity Props Store
USS Entreprise Captain ID Card From the Identity Props Store
(This is a card done by a friend on DeviantArt, but with my base)

I'm kind of at a loss for words.....

Holy.....

I've just found several of MY cards there, as well! :angry

Here's my deviant art site:
Carthoris on deviantART

And, here's a rundown of the stolen cards:

Captain Scarlet Spectrum ID Card prop From the Identity Props Store
Captain Scarlet Spectrum Identity Card From the Identity Props Store
Dethklok Member ID Card Minion Identity From the Identity Props Store
Dr Who TARDIS Operators License From the Identity Props Store
Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense ID card From the Identity Props Store
Buy Twilight Movie Props Faber College From the Identity Props Store
Canadian Torchwood id card personalized From the Identity Props Store
Dr Who Gallifrey Passport ID From the Identity Props Store
ICIS ID Card Imperial Criminal Interrogation Service Badge From the Identity Props Store
Klok-A-Teer Dethklok id card From the Identity Props Store
SFCIS ID Card Starfleet Criminal Investigative Service Special Agent From the Identity Props Store
Star Trek Medical ID Card USS Entrepise From the Identity Props Store
Star Trek Science Division ID card USS Entreprise From the Identity Props Store
Star Trek Support Services ID Cards From the Identity Props Store
Star Trek USS Entreprise Command ID Card From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Access ID Card London From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Access Pass From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Bloodcards London Institute ID Badge From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Cosplay ID Card Costume From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood ID Badge Cardiff Institute From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood ID Card Red From the Identity Props Store
Torchwood Insitute ID Card Cardiff From the Identity Props Store
Twilight ID Card Faber College Student IDs From the Identity Props Store
Umbrella Corporation ID Cards Badge in Resident Evil From the Identity Props Store
UNIT ID card United Nations Intelligence Task Force From the Identity Props Store
United Nations Intelligence Task Force ID card UNIT From the Identity Props Store
USS Entreprise Security Guard ID Card From the Identity Props Store
USS Entreprise Captain ID Card From the Identity Props Store
(This is a card done by a friend on DeviantArt, but with my base)

I'm kind of at a loss for words.....

Hey tremas, I didn't know you were Cathoris on Deviantart! You did a great job on all of those ID's, especially the Torchwood ID cards. In fact, I was going to send you a message on Devianart about this #$%^&%$ swiping your work.

Hopefully he gets shut down soon.

Hey tremas, I didn't know you were Cathoris on Deviantart! You did a great job on all of those ID's, especially the Torchwood ID cards. In fact, I was going to send you a message on Devianart about this #$%^&%$ swiping your work.

Hopefully he gets shut down soon.

Thanks. :)

Yep, tried to use Tremas there, but it was taken. :(

Wow. It was taken on Deviantart? So that means at least TWO people know obscure sci fi names....(well...three given i know too)

Hey Folks...
I know that I'm late to this discussion and I don't know if this will help. I'm NOT a lawyer and have a bit of info that may help.

I saw the bit about the DMCA and I believe that they are looking for what is known as a "take down notice". That notice requires a bit more than you've provided. You can read more about that here...
How to Send a DMCA Takedown Notice | Black Star Rising

I suspect that may be what they're getting at with all that legal-eze.

It may get a bit muddy becuase you've created a piece of fan based art predicated upon something that had been trademarked and/or copyrighted already. eg. TV show. However, YOU created the artwork so I believe that YOU own that. Like I said...I'm not a lawyer but that may be something that gives you a hiccup or 2.

I'd like to see the site shut down, but the best the ISP can do is PULL the infringed material. I wish you luck. I've had a book duplicated in China and there's squat that I can do about it. So I feel your pain. Since this is Canada, I'm optimistic that the materials will get pulled down.

Please keep us all posted!

Wow. It was taken on Deviantart? So that means at least TWO people know obscure sci fi names....(well...three given i know too)

Yep; in fact, I can (somewhat) prove that, by virtue of the Delta House ID, with Otter's picture on it (that was in a link, not the actual site page, to give people the idea of how to fill it out).

Hey Folks...
I know that I'm late to this discussion and I don't know if this will help. I'm NOT a lawyer and have a bit of info that may help.

I saw the bit about the DMCA and I believe that they are looking for what is known as a "take down notice". That notice requires a bit more than you've provided. You can read more about that here...
How to Send a DMCA Takedown Notice | Black Star Rising

I suspect that may be what they're getting at with all that legal-eze.

It may get a bit muddy becuase you've created a piece of fan based art predicated upon something that had been trademarked and/or copyrighted already. eg. TV show. However, YOU created the artwork so I believe that YOU own that. Like I said...I'm not a lawyer but that may be something that gives you a hiccup or 2.

I'd like to see the site shut down, but the best the ISP can do is PULL the infringed material. I wish you luck. I've had a book duplicated in China and there's squat that I can do about it. So I feel your pain. Since this is Canada, I'm optimistic that the materials will get pulled down.

Please keep us all posted!

Thanks. :)

I don't know if these guys had Fake ID's also, but they were wearing Marine Uniforms!!! Yikes!
Illegal immigrants in US Marine uniforms arrested

I hope someone can put a stop to this guy selling Fake Military ID's even access to a Military Base could end up in a major disaster or worse!

He won't. I just sent that link to the FBI. Sorry, but as a Soldier, i can not and will not allow that. The card will not allow a person access to our IT systems, but if the are good enough, it *could* allow someone access to base. Screw that.

Wes

MODS: The link I posted is just to follow the subject of Military IDs (And in this case uniforms), it's not intended to be Political in any way...

This is why a lot of my friends have stopped posting their art on Deviant Art too. It gets swiped all the time even with watermarks. You think the site would take the stuff down asap as he has fake military IDs on there.

Well...

For the copied Id :

If you really want to shut down his website quickly, I think you should have to send en email to the license holders ...
I saw that he mentions the TV shows or movies names with their Id... without any licenses or authorizations while he sales them as authentic replicas, which can put confusion in the mind of the buyer !
If you send an email to lucasfilm, paramount, Warner, Fox, etc... they will certainly sue him... And I rather be face to face with an Alien than a Fox's lawyer...

For the military Id, I don't know how canadian and US authorities are working together, but you might report it to the Canadian international police authoritiy :

International Policing

If it could helps...

I'm pretty sure I can purchase surplus american police and military items that are reasonably current at the local army surplus store. A few years ago I bought a sherriffs uniform to be used on an amateur horror film, and the date on the label was only a year or two old.
I'm pretty sure you can't get current Canadian uniform items, only older issued items...

Yeah all the stuff at our army navy is old and for stuff like badges and other items you have to prove you're law enforcement.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back