Rubbertoe Replicas Announces 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Replica!!!

kursosawa

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well folks, this is the day many of us have been waiting for (ish). While a replica of the sonic was offered by QMX some years back, the 4k price tag was a bit much. Rubbertoe Replicas is offering their own 11th Doctor Sonic Replica!!

Pre-Order Link

Price:
665.59 GBP for UK customers
681.95 GBP for the Rest of the Worlf

• CNC machined
  • threaded construction
  • sound optional (Add 140 GBP)
  • 1st 25 to be shipped out in mid August

I don't see any indication of weather or not this will be a limited run or not.

Last edited:
Just bought one :D.

Really good price considering how complicated the prop is and that it comes signed from the original maker.
I am guessing from the 4 Sonic stand they are selling we will be seeing the other Sonics (10th, River, Laser) in short order now
that Rubbertoe has the sonic license.

I am loving this trend of the actual show prop makers offering signed replicas.

Last edited:
Woah, thats amazing - and not a bad price, either. I'm glad they're going ahead with the license finally, too! Hopefully they do regular runs of them, thats a tad too rich for my blood at the moment :(

The only issue I have is the cost.

I love the piece and respect the fact that it is not a mass produced item, it is difficult to make and is a pain in the arse to get working correctly, but at a price of £798.70 (inc UK VAT), I'm not sure it is a viable purchase at this current moment in time.

It's a shame but there are others on the market that are cheaper for a similar, if not better item (I won't go into that).

Good to see that they are starting to make sonics and hopefully in the future I might be able to get one.

Regards,

Jamie

Man you guys must get killed by the VAT tax. The one I just got was $1200.00 shipped. I just bought a Vortex Manipulator from there a month or two ago and there are no additional import taxes above the listed cost to the US, just the price listed. That`s about $500.00 cheaper than other similar but not made and signed by the original prop maker items I have seen (That`s in US Dollars though so we do not have the VAT added to it) .

Last edited:
Also it should be noted these are not specifically stated to be made by Nick personally, though I'm sure he had his hands deep in getting production of this prop under way, this protects the investment for those who bought the limited Qmx model for 4k.
Still, this is truly the first official high - end replica of this sonic.
It's been nearly five years in waiting and happy to see this product finally make its way to the market.
Of course my Kursosawa converted remote will still be my go-to accessory for busy conventions, this will be a truly exceptional addition to my collection and is something I've wanted ever since I saw it on screen.

In the history of the prop that he posts on his website, he addresses this and discusses how then new models are much sturdier than the old ones.

Rubbertoe Replicas is proud to present the FULLY LICENSED 11th Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver!

This iconic piece is an exact replica of the MOST UP TO DATE version that our master prop maker,
Nick Robatto, has made for the series CURRENTLY BEING FILMED here in Cardiff.
Our sonic replica is crafted from over eighty componants and from a wide variety of materials
including copper, brass, aluminium, leather and resin, with the white resin section being cast
from the original prop made in 2009. The metal pieces are precision cut by CNC, and all the
rest of the parts are hand made and assembled in the Rubbertoe workshops. The sonic also
features a working LED light made in exactly the same way as the screen used prop.
The 11th Doctor's Sonic comes with its own custom made stand with a numbered plaque
signed by Nick Robatto, and a beautiful wooden presentation box.
The 11th Doctor's Sonic is truly an iconic and beautiful collector’s piece,
and as a genuine, licensed piece made and signed by the prop’s original maker,
will no doubt hold and even increase it’s value well into the future.

Common, this is a little bit more than an 'official' licensed prop :lol.
Is it really worth while to skimp a couple of bucks and miss out on this.
There is no way to beat the bar that this prop has set for accuracy and pedigree (it is guaranteed to go up in value when it sells out).
It is highly unlikely a fan made will hold its value like this will.
I could understand if we were talking $500.00 compared to the $1000.00 this one goes for (if you are willing to compromise on some accuracy and collect-ability) but I can't see a fully built fan made selling for that cheap. The wand company kinda covers the lower priced props.

Love the way it looks and expect it to be top notch. But alas the price tag is above my means - plastic versions for me :)

Can not wait to see the posts when people start to get them .. hint hint

I always knew that if this replica ever was made available, it'd be expensive, so no real shock here.
At this price point, it is indeed still for a limited few diehards that must have it.
In the meantime, the Wand Company sonic is still a great prop if you want something better than the toy.

Keep in mind, US customers don't get charged the VAT tax. Regarding purchasing from the other seller, he refuses to sell to RPF members but more importantly, buying from Nick's company means getting direct from the source and without any negative drama.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back