Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Project updates 18 December: ANH DH17 stunt casting upgrades

More upgrades in progress. I somehow missed most of this when it was discovered!

Don't have all the parts yet.
anhdh172.jpg

anhdh171.jpg

Re: Project updates 18 December: ANH DH17 stunt casting upgrades

Is that aluminum part on the end from that turntable used on a bunch of props? Looks good so far!

Project updates 20 December: ESB Hoth blaster test build

Yes Jason, they appear on a few props in ANH/ESB that we know of so far.

I put this Hoth blaster together using parts I had on hand (and a few from Odiwan72 - thanks again). It's really just a test run for my final Hoth blaster which will be based on an MGC with real M19 and BD parts.

This one is a modified Denix with custom Odiwan72 mount, machined flash hider, real Thorens turntable disc, realistically painted/weathered resin M19 with glass lenses (see previous post above), real piston halves and accurate left side detailing using the recently discovered information.

It will be going up for sale soon.
esbhoth1.jpg

esbhoth2.jpg

esbhoth3.jpg

esbhoth4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Project Updates. 20 December: ESB Hoth blaster test build

You did a great job cutting up the motor coil plate! I found I had to use two to get enough material around the holes, though I was using a dremel

Thanks T. If you are careful it works with one. I scored it down the middle with a blade and snapped it in half. That was resin of course. When I use real plates on my final build I'll have to be extra careful!

I am currently trying to build the A280 Hoth blaster and it seems more people lean toward the Endor blaster so I am trying to get to the bottom of greeblies. Regarding the scope shroud on the A280 Hoth blaster...what exactly is it and is there anywhere I could perhaps obtain one?
Thanks!

Re: Project updates 20 December: ESB Hoth blaster test build

great hoth blaster and I love the simple acrylic stand. did you make the stand as well or are they sold somewhere?

Project Updates. 22 January: Vibro-Ax upgrades

I've been quiet for a while. Had some problems.

I finally got round to upgrading my Vibro-Ax with some more accurate parts. I never liked the Co2 cartridges and plumbing piece. It's now all real parts apart from the cylinder 'cigar' and C3P0 bolt.

Before:
vibroax1_8.jpg

After:
vibroax2_3.jpg

vibroax3_3.jpg

vibroax4_3.jpg

vibroax5_3.jpg

vibroax6_3.jpg

vibroax7_3.jpg

Sorry I missed this. The acrylic stand is actually for the Blade Runner blaster which it fits properly! Got it at propsummit.com

great hoth blaster and I love the simple acrylic stand. did you make the stand as well or are they sold somewhere?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using a Bokson 4 x 20 with the rear eyepiece from a Weaver 29S (the knobs from the 29S were used on the Blade Runner blaster).

What scope you are using on this blaster?

Re: Project Updates. 22 January: Vibro-Ax upgrades

Looks good! I've had some parts for this for about 16 years now! I never did hear what the parts you're referring to actually were. Last time I checked one of the threads they were still using generic plumbing parts.

Thanks Kurtyboy! Thas awesome that the stand fits the mauser as well. Im a member over at propsummit so i think ill head over and get a couple if they are still available. This is the cleanest stand i have seen yet, you have a really nice display there.

Sorry I missed this. The acrylic stand is actually for the Blade Runner blaster which it fits properly! Got it at propsummit.com

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using a Bokson 4 x 20 with the rear eyepiece from a Weaver 29S (the knobs from the 29S were used on the Blade Runner blaster).

Re: Project Updates. 22 January: Vibro-Ax upgrades

You discovered what real world parts were used on the Vibro Axe to replace the Co2 cylinders, etc???

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

alright. ty for the info.

Project Updates 15 Feb 2016: Carbonite panel and bowcaster upgrades

Shhit, we lost Tom!...

Some Carbonite panel upgrades again. The last lot of 'nipples' now replaced with original parts.
panels53.jpg

panels54.jpg

Made my own highly detailed decals.
panels61.jpg

panels62.jpg

Upgraded resin viewer to real one and decided to include the hood to match the RotJ scene (this panel was not present in ESB). Also replaced a dead yellow LED.
panels55.jpg

panels56.jpg

panels57.jpg

These decals were made with paint stencils which appears to be the case on the original prop (the rest are stickers).
panels58.jpg

Ready to rock!
panels59.jpg

panels60.jpg

Bigturc's machined knobs will be the next upgrade. Cant wait!

Bowcaster also got some upgrades. The large and small amplifier knobs which were modern replacements have been upgraded with vintage ones. All bowcaster knobs are now vintage. :)
anhbow11.jpg

anhbow12.jpg

anhbow13.jpg

anhbow14.jpg

anhbow15.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back