Looking for a nice SE-14r Blaster

themadklingon

Hi Gang:

Lately I have been geeking out over the little E-14 Blaster. The name Shawn Morgan keeps coming up in my quick search of the ol' interweb as the maker of a nice kit.

Can anyone point me to a current contact email addy?

THANKS!

http://kropserkel.com/srblaster.htm
SRCP1.jpg

THANKS for the quick feedback. Let me share this story with you.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of what this guy considers a passable casting.

I have been feeling' very Star Warsy lately and flirting with the idea of joining the 501st. I like the little E-14 blaster and found a kit on eBay a few days ago. The seller has a feedback of 100% with over 1100 reviews. I got excited and purchased the prop without seeing the casting. Dumb.

This is what I received. Enjoy.

http://s837.photobucket.com/user/The_Ma ... ter%20Prop

I've requested a refund.

I had a thought this morning while siting on the throne.

This may be a recast. That would explain why the master appears well fabricated - it's missing some detail but it's not bad. The casting however is horrendously bad.

I've posted these images in the hope that someone could identify the original maker.

I've requested a refund but have not heard from the seller yet. That's a nice big red flag. I anticipate having to get eBay and Paypal involved. If this piece is a recast, the information may help me with my case.

The story ends well.

The seller refunded the purchase price plus shipping with no real issue. That was a big relief.

I was able to make contact with Shawn and purchased his SE-14R. I wanted to thank you guys for the assist.

I am so stoked! The detail is outstanding. The scope also arrived the same day - a happy kawinkydink.

The casting is crisps with no visible bubbles and few mold lines. I love the recessed detail here. There is even a hint of spring in there. Well done.

Shawn included slits to allow the scope to slide right on. He didn't have to include them, the scope would have worked without them but what a convenience! That, my friends, is the sign of a master builder.

I know nothing of this blaster is it based off a real gun?

EDIT: did some research like I should have before lol found what I was looking for!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back