Silhouette CAMEO Problem...

Hi everyone! I just received my Silhouette Cameo today and I've done some experimenting on it. The first problem was: I couldnt get it to read my registration marks.. So after 2 hours of failed trials, I finally came across a thread in the 405th as mentioned by darkside and it turns out that there was too much light in my room. So I closed the lid of the cameo and the registration mark read 1st time around. Now 2nd problem : after it read the makrs, I proceeded to cut developments on the cameo viewer and naturally being excited, I was disappointed to see that only ONE part got cut. and the cuts weren't even close to the lines. (1-2mm off) I know its been asked, but I really dont know what to do. If someone could lend a helping hand, it would be awesome, because currently I am building Darkside's Markvii (thanks darkside). Thanks!

Hi everyone! I just received my Silhouette Cameo today and I've done some experimenting on it. The first problem was: I couldnt get it to read my registration marks.. So after 2 hours of failed trials, I finally came across a thread in the 405th as mentioned by darkside and it turns out that there was too much light in my room. So I closed the lid of the cameo and the registration mark read 1st time around. Now 2nd problem : after it read the makrs, I proceeded to cut developments on the cameo viewer and naturally being excited, I was disappointed to see that only ONE part got cut. and the cuts weren't even close to the lines. (1-2mm off) I know its been asked, but I really dont know what to do. If someone could lend a helping hand, it would be awesome, because currently I am building Darkside's Markvii (thanks darkside). Thanks!

check this out:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/silhouette-cameo-problem-157453/#post2481753

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Darkside, I read that and also your tutorial on how to export DXF file and I will try both methods now.. I wasted 10 pcs of paper yesterday trying to figure this one out, will definitely give them a try, thanks again!

You didn't waste 10 pages .. you experimented on 10 pages. Trust me, trying stuff if the way to go. Some people won't even do it and go straight to asking questions! :)

Keep at it! Those cutters are what everyone should have at home! :thumbsup

You didn't waste 10 pages .. you experimented on 10 pages. Trust me, trying stuff if the way to go. Some people won't even do it and go straight to asking questions! :)

Keep at it! Those cutters are what everyone should have at home! :thumbsup

I guess thats a positive way of putting it, hehe thanks!:)

You didnt need to go thru all the hassle of exporting to DXF, etc. Your problem was likely alignment/overlap of registration marks. Despite not visably overlapping, there is still a "tolerance area" that Tamasoft recommends. I had to rearrange parts on my pages to get around this.

You might want to subscribe to this link: http://www.therpf.com/f24/definitive-guide-cutting-pepakura-silhouette-cameo-186318/
I am writing a very long document on how to use a Cameo to cut pepakura, and making it VERY illustrated and in-depth. I am including an entire section on why you have issues with cut lines being off, and how to fix it.

Yes, it is true that the Exporting DXF guide I wrote was intended to be used before Tamasoft had a working program. After you get the initial bugs worked out of the setup then cutting directly from Pep Viewer for Cameo is much faster than the other way.
Grenex - I am looking forward to reading your finished guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just fired up my brand new Cameo and it seems that 195.5 and 259.5 are spot on for me after four sheets of experimenting.

You didnt need to go thru all the hassle of exporting to DXF, etc. Your problem was likely alignment/overlap of registration marks. Despite not visably overlapping, there is still a "tolerance area" that Tamasoft recommends. I had to rearrange parts on my pages to get around this.

You might want to subscribe to this link: http://www.therpf.com/f24/definitive-guide-cutting-pepakura-silhouette-cameo-186318/
I am writing a very long document on how to use a Cameo to cut pepakura, and making it VERY illustrated and in-depth. I am including an entire section on why you have issues with cut lines being off, and how to fix it.
Just read this now, yeah I guess so, I will definitely subscribe to your thread sir, thanks!

I just fired up my brand new Cameo and it seems that 195.5 and 259.5 are spot on for me after four sheets of experimenting.

These settings were pretty much spot on but still not 100%. I found while doing bigger pieces that relay on correct alignment of the tabs and where everything was connected together it threw off the shape. I almost had to start the cod over again because of this. I'm going back to doing it by hand. While it is quick to cut out I would rather spend the extra hours cutting the parts out by hand KNOWING that they are correct and will fit correctly.

So after about 25 sheets, with a new cameo, I have found that 195 and 259 are completely off. After a lot of pages gone, I started to use the DXF print. However, the edge ID's did not import over. How do I get the Edge ID's?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back