Doctor Who - "Gridlock" Mood Patches

Kadajiroth

Sr Member
I'm on a Doctor Who prop spree at the moment. Anyone thought about the 'mood patches', from the episode Gridlock? I had a feeling they would be simple to make, but I have no experience with this kind of stuff.

Anyway, here are the graphics for the patches (gotta love the concept art section of the BBC's Doctor Who website!):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/concept_2007/11.shtml

All the white areas on them are transparent in the episode, so maybe they can be printed onto something like that. Anyone have any ideas how these could be made?

Last edited:
Re: Doctor Who - Gridlock 'Mood Patches'

Transparency film should work, but you'd have to flip the designs for printing. Also, not sticky.

Speaking of Gridlock concept art, did you spot that the base for this 'fake' gun:
13.jpg

Milo & Cheens' imitation blasters.

Is one of these?:
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHNR61496lg.jpg

Nerf 'Nite Finder'.

:D

C.

Transparency film should work, but you'd have to flip the designs for printing. Also, not sticky.

Speaking of Gridlock concept art, did you spot that the base for this 'fake' gun:
13.jpg

Is one of these?:

Nerf 'Nite Finder'.

C.

Oh, fantastic work, Coz! I noticed the concept artwork for the gun the first time around, but I just assumed it was scratch-build.

I'll see if I can get the designs printed onto transparency film. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup

I'm also on a doctor who spree right now, i'll be printing some of the patches out soon, if they turn out right i'll post some picks!

In wanted to start on a judoon scanner, thought it might be pretty easy to replicate, but then I found out that there gonna make one in the toy line, so it would just be easy to upgrade the toy version,since they seem to have made a pretty accurate version of the sonic screwdriver, I assume that the scanner will look pretty good also. But I am interested in the masters watch, wondering if they used a real watch as a base, or fabricated a version of there own?

I was thinking about having a go at the judoon blaster after my attempt at captain jacks sonic blaster last year, hmm I really should get that thing cast

In wanted to start on a judoon scanner, thought it might be pretty easy to replicate, but then I found out that there gonna make one in the toy line, so it would just be easy to upgrade the toy version,since they seem to have made a pretty accurate version of the sonic screwdriver, I assume that the scanner will look pretty good also. But I am interested in the masters watch, wondering if they used a real watch as a base, or fabricated a version of there own?

I made a thread about the Master's wrist watch:

http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=29737

13.jpg

Is one of these?:

Nerf 'Nite Finder'.

C.

My local TK Maxx had one of these in the other day, £7.99.

I know I'm a little late to this thread but, you could use "Window decal" paper. You can use it in your inkjet, it's transparent (anything white in a picture would be see through.) and it has a light adhesive on the back so you could stick them, without worrying about how you're going to get them off. Also, it's way cheaper then having them printed on vinyl.

Or, they used to make this inkjet "tattoo" paper, that actually made a clear (where ever the white is) sticker that sticks to your skin for days. but it's kind of a pain to work with.

I was thinking about having a go at the judoon blaster after my attempt at captain jacks sonic blaster last year, hmm I really should get that thing cast

Oh, PLEASE, cast that great jack gun. I want one so bad, and your's rocks.

Hey, what font is that, on the patches? I got them off the web site, but there really grainy so I'm remaking mine from scratch, but cant find that font.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back