DeAgostini 1:1 Studio Scale Millenium Falcon Support Group and Info

Not sure if they will send the ring, but if they don't customer service will be able to get you a new ring. PM me if you need help contacting them if they don't send a ring too.

Not sure if they will send the ring, but if they don't customer service will be able to get you a new ring. PM me if you need help contacting them if they don't send a ring too.

You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't believe you are going back and making improved parts. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will this be available as a complete package when the run concludes? I will let y'all beta test this thing in the meantime :cool

Will this be available as a complete package when the run concludes? I will let y'all beta test this thing in the meantime :cool

I doubt it because I think there is a good chance it will sell out.if they do offer it as a whole kit will not be until the subscription has run its course (ie in 2 years).At that point if there are any left they may be offered as full kits as well as partworks.

I suppose you could get one from eBay later, as I know there are several people buying two kits at once, one to build and one to sell later on eBay, but I'm sure they are going to be expensive...

Great to hear that DeAgostini are willing to go back and re-tool parts that they have been told are inaccurate so members need to keep that feedback flowing through their forum. I also understand that they are looking into the viability of supplying the paints used on the model to ensure these are consistent with the parts already issued for anyone who does not intend re-paint the entire model, but these are early days on this so we will have to see how this pans out.

First off, I know almost nothing of this company. I never heard of it until these threads started on the RPF, and I only really know what is posted here (plus I am a subscriber to this kit). So I'm no expert. As near as I can tell from the DeA website, only one kit--the Hummer--is available both as a subscription or as a complete kit. So maybe if the only kit they have finished so far is the Hummer, that might suggest the business model is to sell models as a subscription until they finish all the tooling, then sell kits compete. If they have a history of making a lot others that are no longer available, that would suggest the Hummer is one-off. Of course there is the further complication of what the license will allow or how long the license will last.

What I don't get is how it even makes sense to only sell a limited number after you do all the work to make the tooling. Is there something different about this kind of tooling? I understand that it's ABS rather than polysty; does that change something?

"I know that's what I said I wanted, 'cause that's what I wanted. It is a black Samsonite suitcase. What I'm saying is, do you think it's possible that the Samsonite people, in some crazy little scheme to actually turn a profit, made more than one?"
--Meet the Parents

First off, I know almost nothing of this company. I never heard of it until these threads started on the RPF, and I only really know what is posted here (plus I am a subscriber to this kit). So I'm no expert. As near as I can tell from the DeA website, only one kit--the Hummer--is available both as a subscription or as a complete kit. So maybe if the only kit they have finished so far is the Hummer, that might suggest the business model is to sell models as a subscription until they finish all the tooling, then sell kits compete. If they have a history of making a lot others that are no longer available, that would suggest the Hummer is one-off. Of course there is the further complication of what the license will allow or how long the license will last.

What I don't get is how it even makes sense to only sell a limited number after you do all the work to make the tooling. Is there something different about this kind of tooling? I understand that it's ABS rather than polysty; does that change something?

"I know that's what I said I wanted, 'cause that's what I wanted. It is a black Samsonite suitcase. What I'm saying is, do you think it's possible that the Samsonite people, in some crazy little scheme to actually turn a profit, made more than one?"
--Meet the Parents

There are a few of their kits available as complete kits, but as you said they are only available as complete kits once the subscription has run its course of 1-2 years.Sometimes they are renewed and sometimes they are not.My guess is that is based on how quickly they sell.I am forum support for USA, but not an actual employee so I have limited information. I believe these kits are made under license so that may determine how many they can sell.I think there is a limited number because of the cost of the kits.Only so many people will pay several hundred dollars for a model kit.Many of these are sold in multiple countries so they may have a production run in the thousands, but each country only gets a few hundred to sell. They are fairly new to USA so many of their partworks have not completed their initial run

I'd be surprised if it's renewed, you have a limited pool of consumers and if they are making a bigger profit than expected then Disney will play demand a bigger slice of the pie, Disney is pretty cut throat when it comes to money. They might do a numbered runs or pre-built runs kind of like what fine molds did with the falcon. A product run has to be worth their while. Just my 2 cents on the topic... Also doubt that buying subscriptions to sell on eBay one day will pay off unless it's held on to for some time. At the end of the day it's a really big model to keep around the house. This might lead to more being ebayed than the master replica version(which should see a big price drop).

In some cases the sale of partworks on ebay has been very profitable, especially if the kit is not available in other countries.Hachette did an all metal 1/16 Stuka kit which is amazing (I have it) and that sells nicely on ebay.It is hit and miss though.I subscribed for 2 falcons.I may try to sell on or build it and sell it as a built model.
Carl

Fair enough, some might do well and I could be completely wrong but I think forecasting 2 years out without data(how long does their license last, how many are sold, how many sold to completion, does bandai or some else come out with a comparible kit...) is a gamble. I don't sell on eBay so for me there is a hassle factor and for others that doesn't exist. I've seen posts where people think it's going to be a payday and I'm just not convinced. What if bandai releases a 25 inch falcon, lots of spouses are going to approve that long before this. You never know people could do better selling off single issues to those that quit early...

I think that they are doing this smartly enough that there is no excess of inventory as each continent is dealt with in stages , if anyone is going to buy them it would be more likely now as TFA isn't even out yet and the promise of new models some of older themed ships , I can imagine that in five years I'll be able to cross the Irish Sea by stepping on each variant of falcon released ( that is if it's not crashed in TFA )
......I can hear the screams NOOOO!

Wait, isn´t that what the other thread was for?

I basically set up this thread to consolidate all the really good information that is going on in all the other threads. All the links to various resources will be posted on the first post of this thread. If you've got some good information (links to great reference pics, sources for tutorials, or add-on parts and/or paints) just post it here and I'll add it to the front page if it's not there already. Makes it so much easier to find then having to go thru 100 pages of posts for good info! There are a bunch of links to other's build logs and various stuff on the first page of this thread. I highly recommend checking it out!

Not sure if this has been posted before but has anyone seen this site? I don't know what decals will come with the deagostini falcon in the end but from the picture they look like just stickers so anyway we won't have have to worry with that for some time though. This guy makes decals and looks like he makes them for the 32 inch studio scale. http://www.jbot.ca/space/sw-falcon.shtml

Cool! Funny you should say that. Went there earlier and he's not taking orders right because he's overwhelmed with recent interests. I wonder why, lol.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back