Drowning Scene in a Movie? (Solved)

usconcept

Sr Member
I can't remember which movie this was.. but I believe it was a comedy.. someone was an actor or something but knewthat to kill someone by drowning the had 3 bubbles than one large bubble..

Can anyone ID this?

Last edited:
Re: Drowning Scene in a Movie?

Let's see if I get this correct. You saw a movie that was a comedy, the main character was an actor, he had to kill somebody by drowning them, 4 bubbles came up from what I'm assuming was the drowning, 3 regular sized bubbles followed by 1 large one. Is this what you were trying to say?

Is it that movie with the guy who has the hair and the skin?
You know which one I'm talking about???

Har har har.

Let's see if I get this correct. You saw a movie that was a comedy, the main character was an actor, he had to kill somebody by drowning them, 4 bubbles came up from what I'm assuming was the drowning, 3 regular sized bubbles followed by 1 large one. Is this what you were trying to say?

Yes, I apologize, should not have written this so quickly after I woke up, I was a little out of it.

The character in the film was an actor (yes, it was also played by an actor) or something similar, who had never before killed someone but by acting they knew in movies that when someone is drowned they are dead after the fourth bubble.

Re: Drowning Scene in a Movie?

Actually saw this recently. Can't think of it right now, but that sure sounds familiar. I'll have to work on that a little bit.

Brian

Actually saw this recently. Can't think of it right now, but that sure sounds familiar. I'll have to work on that a little bit.

Brian

Thanks.

I asked my girlfriend about it, she couldn't remember either but it was something we also saw recently.

I went through my Netflix recently watched and didn't come up with anything. Last movie we saw in theatres was "The Watch" which I don't think was it..

Actually just figured it out. (Gogo Amazon history)

This scene was in "The Dictator"

So I wasn't even close with the actor part, but I do remember that the guy didn't know much about what he was doing.

The movie has it's funny parts.. but does go overboard every now and then.

There was an old wives tale that a drowning person can only come up three times in their attempt to save themselves. It appears in at least a couple Warner Bros. cartoons, where the character sticks his hand out of the water with one finger, two, three, then waves goodbye.

I think what was a miss is that the real life actor was playing an actor in the movie. Probably why the first question took so much flak.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back